Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2014 7:24:30 PM EDT
They don't even try to hide the fact they are using airsoft guns. Today, I was watching some crappy movie with Bill Duke (Predator & Raw Deal) and Erine Hudson (Ghostbusters), and they had an Lancer grenade launcher taped, literally taped to an M4 variant airsoft gun. Sad.

Edit: it was a Lancer type grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
To bad, I like both those actors. Bill Duke plays a great heavy, and Ernie was great in " The Crow".
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
You were expecting any level of quality out of a SyFy channel movie?

(Said the man who has Mega-Piranha on Blu-ray )

I love cheesy movies but you really have to take them for what they are, and most of them are made on a budget of around 1 million dollars, take out fees for actors and you dont get much left.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You were expecting any level of quality out of a SyFy channel movie?

(Said the man who has Mega-Piranha on Blu-ray )

I love cheesy movies but you really have to take them for what they are, and most of them are made on a budget of around 1 million dollars, take out fees for actors and you dont get much left.
View Quote

Hey, I forgot about this thread.

I guess your right, but damn man, tape, they taped it. I really think an ARFCOM member could do better.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC the name of the company that makes alot of SyFy's stuff is Asylum Films.  It doesn't surpise me that they'd tape a grenade launcher to an M4.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them recycling props and sets from other films.  What does surprise me is some of the actors they get for these films.  While it's usually some celebrities that haven't acted in awhile, in other cases it's someone who's still fairly active in film or TV.  Easy money, I guess.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Tape sounds pretty low-rent even for Sci fi channel. Sometimes though films that are produced in countries where they can't get actual firearms will be forced to use airsoft guns, and things like muzzle flash and the cycling of the action gets added digitally later. They did that in The Raid.

If I were an armorer for a sci fi film and I had to choose futuristic-looking guns for a production, I would probably recommend the TAvor as a rifle, a shotgun with those magpul stocks, and maybe a Beretta PX storm as the sidearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top