Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2014 8:27:27 AM EDT
Just finished re-watching the "stranded in the desert with a dead battery and no water" episode  
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Jesse was supposed to die in season one, but the writers liked the character too. Much.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Originally Jesse was supposed to die in season one, but the writers liked the character too. Much.
View Quote
That makes more sense. He was around WAY too long IMO

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Jesse got on my nerves, but he helped make the show... it's science, bitch!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly, Jesse became almost as necessary as Walt did to the success of the show.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Walt had no connections to the black market without Jesse.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread made me watch this again.  Classic.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I kinda thought he wanted someone to witness his legacy.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#8]
He also started to see Jesse as his son.  He couldn't share what he was doing with his real son, and the show even had Walt, Jr. start going by the name of "Flynn" to further separate the relationship between Walt and his son.  I think Walt even referred to Jesse as "son" on at least one occasion.  When Walt watched Jesse's girl OD in Season 2, he didn't do it because he needed his street connection sober, he did it because he, emotionally, felt it would be best for Jesse's future.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 2:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The fact that Jesse was Walt's in to the business, and the fact that Jesse was a former student probably saved his life.
Walt recognized that Jesse had potential, and I suspect that on some level he still felt the need to look out for him.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yo bitch!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yep.

Walt would have been much better off without him as soon as he met Gus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He also started to see Jesse as his son.  He couldn't share what he was doing with his real son, and the show even had Walt, Jr. start going by the name of "Flynn" to further separate the relationship between Walt and his son.  I think Walt even referred to Jesse as "son" on at least one occasion.  When Walt watched Jesse's girl OD in Season 2, he didn't do it because he needed his street connection sober, he did it because he, emotionally, felt it would be best for Jesse's future.  

Yep.

When Walt insisted Jesse replace Gale, Gale protested saying "This makes no sense at all."  And he was totally right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When Walt insisted Jesse replace Gale, Gale protested saying "This makes no sense at all."  And he was totally right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Walt's need for control.  He needed "his" boy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The fact that Jesse was Walt's in to the business, and the fact that Jesse was a former student probably saved his life.
Walt recognized that Jesse had potential, and I suspect that on some level he still felt the need to look out for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top