Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 3:53:44 PM EDT
I have an Onkyo C-7030 CD player on the way which I'll use with my Harman Kardon 3770 receiver.

I hope this question makes sense. I know neither component is going to make true audiophiles drool, but both advertise that they have exceptional DAC's. Aside from that, I cannot find any info regarding which is better. Does anyone know which has the better DAC hardware?

In other words, should I use the DAC in the player and use analog outputs, or should I use a toslink cable and use the receiver's DAC processing?

ETA: or am I making a big deal out of an issue that doesn't really matter?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You are probably making a big deal out of it.  Try both and see which one you like better.

Unless the rest of your system being up to the same quality, it probably doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
You're probably right. I'll try both and see if I can tell a difference. My ears probably aren't good enough for it to matter one way or the other!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top