Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2014 4:24:17 PM EDT
What does everyone think of Ben Affleck playing the caped crusader?

Will he flop, or will he try something that's never been done with the character?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure , just can't imagine it getting anywhere close to the level Christian bale took it but will for sure be interesting to see.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Won't watch.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't watch.
View Quote

Ill wait till its free on tv.

This way I can change the channel
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait to see him as Bruce Wayne/Batman.  I think he makes a perfect Bruce Wayne, he has the look.  He isn't that bad of an actor and is pretty decent in several films.  

Funny thing is he will be the first actor to play Batman and Superman.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Won't watch.
View Quote

This.  Fuck him and his buddy FBHO. Hollywood doesn't get any money from me anymore.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I just can't take that guy seriously.  He always looks like he's about to cry to me.  If only he had played a similar type role so we'd have an idea of how this is gonna work out............
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]
He's not a tough guy role actor. Too soft of a voice for Bruce Wayne in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#9]
It's all about the suit.

Afleck is Wayne

The Suit is Batman!

Remember the post-processing they can do to voices for the Batman role.  Treebeard was voiced by John Rhys Davies.  Smaug is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Won't watch.

Yeah, this. I just watched Man of Steel on Cinemax. It was alright, but I'm glad I waited for it on cable.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:33:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's all about the suit.

Afleck is Wayne

The Suit is Batman!

Remember the post-processing they can do to voices for the Batman role.  Treebeard was voiced by John Rhys Davies.  Smaug is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.
View Quote

it better not have nipples.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Everyone flipped their shit when Heath Leger was announced as the Joker.

The Dark Knight still turned out ok, so I'm going to refrain from making any grand pronouncements about the death of the series with Affleck.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#13]
It isn't about the actor behind the mask.  

It's about the mask,...  

and the body armour/suit and the cool toys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's all about the suit.

Afleck is Wayne

The Suit is Batman!

View Quote

I partially agree.  A factor not mentioned is the writer.  The story's elements are what bonds Bruce Wayne to the Batman persona.  What is going on in the film that helps me believe Bruce Wayne is also the guy in the suit?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I partially agree.  A factor not mentioned is the writer.  The story's elements are what bonds Bruce Wayne to the Batman persona.  What is going on in the film that helps me believe Bruce Wayne is also the guy in the suit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's all about the suit.

Afleck is Wayne

The Suit is Batman!

Well, the point is, Afleck only has to be believable playing the role of Bruce Wayne, the human, the wealthy socialite.  He has to be able to play that role well and convincingly.

The suit is really all you see when Batman is on-screen.  The suit and related gizmos comprise the character of Batman.  The Batman character is likely to be 100% CGI, so it doesn't even have to be Afleck who does the Batman gymnastics.  They may use motion capture to facilitate the animation but they can wrap a suit around anyone and turn them into the super hero.  They can post-process the actor's voice to make him sound like whatever they want - aggressive, tough,...  They do the fight scene choreography on tensioned wires to make the actor more agile and adjust the tension to provide whatever degree of agility they want to portray.  Etcetera.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top