Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:04:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what the deal is, but yes it sucks.  I'm prolly gonna stop paying for it this month.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
its better than it used to be as far as i can tell...used to be no new releases that were worth a damn

but still shit. makes me sad
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't watched it in a while. Last month I was pretty much skimming the bottom watching movies there that I haven't seen yet.

It was handy to watch Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and 24 since I don't have cable and pretty much started watching these shows waaaaaayyy behind. But now it sucks because the updates take too long. I might cancel it soon. Even if it is only 8 bucks a month, if Im not using it its a waste.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been thinking that also.  Lately the new releases are either way old movies or junk.  I'm losing interest in Netflix rapidly although prime is pretty decent lately.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is just a pile of recent crap, even stuff with Bruce Willis and deniro, that is just shit with terrible reviews. Do they cut a deal where they get the avengers and then 100 terrible movies?
View Quote

There are various deals in place.

Some examples:

http://http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2012/01/warner-bros-netflix-deal-includes-delay-in-queues.html

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/08/technology/netflix_starz_contract/

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/11/3975984/sony-pictures-entertainment-starz-deal-2021-no-netflix
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm at the point where I don't even pay attention to what movies they have, but I do watch the hell out of the TV series.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm at the point where I don't even pay attention to what movies they have, but I do watch the hell out of the TV series.
View Quote
yeah I'm watching a ton of series I missed.  The movie selection is pretty piss poor.  Not sure why they don't try to save money and go with a streaming only option and offer newer movies.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Milius is good.

If you haven't seen The Fall, I recommend that series as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#10]
It sounds like Netflix has become the Neighborhood Blockbuster Store.  Dozens of decent movies surrounded by hundreds of "C" grade movies to take up open space.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#11]
It's great for my kids, but not much on there interests me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The novelty of watching TV and movies on my phone and IPad wore off after about 3 months...

Looking at substitutes at the minute...
View Quote

I stream Netflix in 1080 on my TV with a Roku.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Amazon and iTunes is the same way.  The percentage of crap vs good is very high.  But, I have found some really good movies that were not very popular.  I would not have ever watched them without seeing them listed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Shitty movies are cheap. It is my understanding that studios and distributors "package" hundreds of movies in lump deals for the streaming services to purchase streaming rights to. Providers like Netflix and Amazon are more interested in numbers than they are quality... it is more of a talking point for them to say they have "a thousand movies" available than it is to say they have "ten good movies and nine hundred and ninety shitty ones".

And when it comes to licensing fees those ten good movies cost (simplified) ten million dollars for the rights, but the nine hundred and ninety shitty movies cost one million.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#15]
So where do the good movies get watched post-theatre? HBO?

Been thinking of dumping my basic cable and just using internet based services like Netflix and Prime. Disgusts me that I'm paying for CNN & MSNBC.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I only keep it for the kids stuff these days.  Their selection for movies I like is very limited and they need a fucking index so I can look over all their streaming titles instead of what they think I want to look at on their main streaming page.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I use it mainly for tv shows and like the way it works with that. There are some good movies to be found but if that is all you watch I could see running out.

There is a thread here as well as several other sites that keep a eye on what is being released. I add everything I even remotely like to my list that way when I want to watch a movie I don't have to blindly search.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#18]
They continued to lose a lot of rights to some major studios over the past few years.  They were stuck with adding garbage that no one cared about to essentially continue to add content and make it look like they were doing something.  IN reality they really were doing something as they were working on netflix original series, which have been very hit and miss.  But they did revamp House of Cards and they are rebooting Trailer Park Boys (which many love, and many hate).  Things will get better I think over time; however, this whole charging me another 1$ in the next two years is not something I look forward too.  It's not the 1 buck that is the issue, it's that I feel  as thought they will tell me again next year that they will be adding another 1$ the year after next, and then tell me again, and so on and so forth.  Essentially just always increasing the cost every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top