Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2014 11:39:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Incredibles is my go-to when I drink. Such a great animated film. I agree, best of it's genre.

I look forward to this and I look forward to being disappointed that they ruined the sequel.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's really Brad Bird back in the director's and writer's seat, I can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Been waiting for this one for a looong time.  Don't screw it up, Bird.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes!!!!
About time!!!!

I think I'll finally upgrade my DVD to a BluRay.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Bob: Yeah. Something classic, like, like Dynaguy. Oh, he had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots...
Edna: No capes!
Bob: Isn't that my decision?
Edna: Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids.
Bob: Listen, E...
Edna: November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin!
Bob: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...
Edna: Stratogale! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!
Bob: E, you can't generalize about these things...
Edna: Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex! NO CAPES!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://blogs.disney.com/insider/articles/2014/03/18/its-official-new-cars-and-new-the-incredibles-movies-have-been-announced/
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/03/18/incredibles_2_cars_3_pixar_announces_sequel_plans_including_one_that_actually.html

I've said it here plenty of times before, but The Incredibles is my favorite animated film of all time... and among my favorite films of any type or genre.

This is long overdue, IMHO, but at least it finally seems to be happening.

Yay!

(FWIW, I searched "incredible" and "pixar" for dupes... my apologies if I missed one anyway. )

View Quote

Have you watched How to Train Your Dragon?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://blogs.disney.com/insider/articles/2014/03/18/its-official-new-cars-and-new-the-incredibles-movies-have-been-announced/
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/03/18/incredibles_2_cars_3_pixar_announces_sequel_plans_including_one_that_actually.html

I've said it here plenty of times before, but The Incredibles is my favorite animated film of all time... and among my favorite films of any type or genre.

Yay!

(FWIW, I searched "incredible" and "pixar" for dupes... my apologies if I missed one anyway. )

Yes. In what way does it even come close to The Incredibles?
I'd take either Despicable Me over Dragon, and none of those three as good as The Incredibles.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#11]
The original four plus Frozone.

Edna was also great, dahling.

NO CAPES!

That was totally WICKED!

Behold, the Underminer.  I'm always beneath you but nothing is beneath me.

Even the music was great.

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Woooooo!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool. Loved the first one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Cool. Loved the first one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
There was a period of time when my son would not go to sleep without The Incredibles playing, over I months straight.  I can't tell you how many times I woke up on the couch with the DVD menu music playing.

Me and my wife even have had lengthy discussions about how we sympathize with Syndrome.

And I will STILL watch it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope it doesn't have the reich-wing propaganda message the first one did.  Oh, and the crude stereotypes as well:

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Bob: Can't you put this out?
Lucius: I can't lay down a layer thick enough. It's evaporating too fast!
Bob: What's that mean?
Lucius: It means it's hot! And I'm dehydrated, Bob!
Bob: You're out of ice? You can't run out of ice! I thought you could use the water in the air!
Lucius: There *is no* water in the air! What's your excuse, running out of muscle?
Bob: I can't just go smashing through walls! The building's getting weaker by the second, it's going to come down on top of us!
Lucius: I wanted to go bowling!

I thought frozone was gonna die at that scene or when he was fighting at the end.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

WHERE'S... MY... SUPER-SUIT ?!?!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bob: Can't you put this out?
Lucius: I can't lay down a layer thick enough. It's evaporating too fast!
Bob: What's that mean?
Lucius: It means it's hot! And I'm dehydrated, Bob!
Bob: You're out of ice? You can't run out of ice! I thought you could use the water in the air!
Lucius: There *is no* water in the air! What's your excuse, running out of muscle?
Bob: I can't just go smashing through walls! The building's getting weaker by the second, it's going to come down on top of us!
Lucius: I wanted to go bowling!

I thought frozone was gonna die at that scene or when he was fighting at the end.

WHERE'S... MY... SUPER-SUIT ?!?!

I .......Uh....... Put it Away.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone ever notice that during the island sequences, the whole look/layout and music was like a direct homage to "You Only Live Twice"...volcano, rocket inside, goofy bubble cars on tracks, etc, etc...I was just watching it with my son the other week, and saw that, and said "holy crap, its "You Only Live Twice"....and the music was very similiar too...
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone ever notice that during the island sequences, the whole look/layout and music was like a direct homage to "You Only Live Twice"...volcano, rocket inside, goofy bubble cars on tracks, etc, etc...I was just watching it with my son the other week, and saw that, and said "holy crap, its "You Only Live Twice"....and the music was very similiar too...
View Quote

It took you this long?!?!?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehh, you know, I don't think I ever REALLY caught that part until the other day when I sat down and watched it with him...otherwise its always just been on in the background, never really paid attention...
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 3:15:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yay!

Not in the same league, IMO.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:40:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ehh, you know, I don't think I ever REALLY caught that part until the other day when I sat down and watched it with him...otherwise its always just been on in the background, never really paid attention...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of the movie was an homage to the '60s Bond movies.  The musical score alone is a love letter to John Barry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Hope it's good. I really enjoyed the first one. They should of made a sequel years ago.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Oh, I'll be seeing this one. Best animated film of all time.

Those dirty liberals in the beginning, suing super heros, for shame! FOR SHAME!

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#28]
My God you've gotten fat.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#29]
if it's anything like the first one, it will be a blu ray purchase.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Please, please, please...

don't fuck it up.    
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Please, please, please...

don't fuck it up.    
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top