Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2014 4:34:33 PM EDT
Just ordered a new Panasonic 50" LED. I am looking for recommendations for a wall mount for it. Pan option isn't too important, but tilt may be. I've seen a couple models on Amazon with good reviews, but don't know what's what with these. I am just not upgrading from a 27" tube tv to a flat screen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Mount and 6ft HDMI cable, $35, shipped. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know if you have experience mounting a tv to a wall or not, so I just wanted to offer a couple tips for you!
Check product dimensions you ordered with the location of where you want to mount your TV. If there will not be a stud available for at least 2 mounting points, I would recommend using snap toggle bolts (you can find them at walmart, lowes, or any number of stores like that). They are great for hanging heavier objects on drywall where you can't mount to a stud.
Also, use the spacers that will surely come with the mount. Many people pass on them so the tv sits closer to the wall, not realizing two things. The spacers allow you to get your hands in behind and plug things in, which you will be doing occasionally I'm sure. And second, it gives the back of the tv much needed space for cooling. You don't want to smother the tv and leave nowhere for the hot air to go. Heat is the enemy of the capacitors and other bits inside your tv.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 2:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know if you have experience mounting a tv to a wall or not, so I just wanted to offer a couple tips for you!

Check product dimensions you ordered with the location of where you want to mount your TV. If there will not be a stud available for at least 2 mounting points, I would recommend using snap toggle bolts (you can find them at walmart, lowes, or any number of stores like that). They are great for hanging heavier objects on drywall where you can't mount to a stud.

Also, use the spacers that will surely come with the mount. Many people pass on them so the tv sits closer to the wall, not realizing two things. The spacers allow you to get your hands in behind and plug things in, which you will be doing occasionally I'm sure. And second, it gives the back of the tv much needed space for cooling. You don't want to smother the tv and leave nowhere for the hot air to go. Heat is the enemy of the capacitors and other bits inside your tv.  
View Quote

I perused the owner's manual online, and should be good to go. They recommend 4" from t.v. to wall, and the mounting measurements included the spacing required for the mount arms, so per the Monoprice website using their wizard, it should fit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Is it hung yet?  

If not, think about mounting height for a moment.  For me, generally lower is better, keeping the bottom of the TV just above the center-channel speaker location or visually just above the top of my toes from a reclined viewing position (be it couch or bed).  The point is, don't just throw it up 6 or 7 feet off the floor, if you can help it.  Choose the height from the perspective of the viewing position and not from a standing point of reference.  More about all that here.

Your install will look soooo much cleaner if you can run wires down the inside of the wall.  It's worth the time to do this and relatively easy to accomplish.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Monoprice. I've now hung four TVs with their mounts, and they are awesome for the price!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is it hung yet?  

If not, think about mounting height for a moment.  For me, generally lower is better, keeping the bottom of the TV just above the center-channel speaker location or visually just above the top of my toes from a reclined viewing position (be it couch or bed).  The point is, don't just throw it up 6 or 7 feet off the floor, if you can help it.  Choose the height from the perspective of the viewing position and not from a standing point of reference.  More about all that here.

Your install will look soooo much cleaner if you can run wires down the inside of the wall.  It's worth the time to do this and relatively easy to accomplish.  

View Quote

It is. I went high, just because after spending so much on the TV, and having a 4yr old and a 4 month old, I don't want little fingers on it. I've seen that first hand at a buddy's house.

Also, plaster walls, so routing the wires behind the wall isn't going to happen, too much of a PITA. I will dress up the wires under one of those cable hiders once everything is situated where I want it to be.

Going from a 27" tube to a 50" LED is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It is. I went high, just because after spending so much on the TV, and having a 4yr old and a 4 month old, I don't want little fingers on it. I've seen that first hand at a buddy's house.

Also, plaster walls, so routing the wires behind the wall isn't going to happen, too much of a PITA. I will dress up the wires under one of those cable hiders once everything is situated where I want it to be.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it hung yet?  

QFT.  Love our Samsung 50" LED.  I need to get wall stand for it.  Thanks for the link to the site above.

Thanks,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top