Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 12/5/2009 11:25:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Could you please pray for my brother?  He went to the doctor last week because he wasn't feeling quite right and his EKG was abnormal.  He has to go in next week for a stress test and the doctor thinks he may have already had a mild MI.  He is only 40.

And as always, praying for all intentions in this thread.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2009 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Done

Please pray for our spiritual leaders. There are some movements afoot regarding Bible reading and prayer, the 2 things our nation needs the most, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/12/2009 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DirectAction:
Prayers inbound for all that are in need. Merry Christmas to all here....and my personal wishes for a joyeous and prosperous New Year to you and your family.

If I made be so bold, please keep me in your prayers as I try to continue down the right path.

I am a Christian Warrior.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

You got it!
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I feel weird asking but i am lost and could use some guidance.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GotSig556:

Are you asking for prayer for guidance? Or are you asking for advice?

I will pray for you either way.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bearsfan:

Honestly i don't know, kinda just threw it out there.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Honestly i don't know, kinda just threw it out there.

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 1:21:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi I could realy use some prayer as there are some things in my life that I have been struggling with for the past few years. There have also been some accusations made against me, that are not true, at my church. I am also trying to decide what to do with my life and what to do after college I think I am being called to go into the Marine Corps and try and go through officer school any advise would be on this would be great and I am glad there is a thread like this. You all are in my prayers.

In Christ
Link Posted: 12/23/2009 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Ghilie:

Hi I could realy use some prayer as there are some things in my life that I have been struggling with for the past few years. There have also been some accusations made against me, that are not true, at my church. I am also trying to decide what to do with my life and what to do after college I think I am being called to go into the Marine Corps and try and go through officer school any advise would be on this would be great and I am glad there is a thread like this. You all are in my prayers.

In Christ

You are being prayed for right now!  False accusations have a way of biting the accusers.  Sounds like nosy poker gossip, and nobody needs that garbage!  These are trying times for everyone, and it must be especially tough to nail down a decision about after college in this economy, and in the wake of this administration's meddling.  Continue praying for guidance.  Don't just listen for what you desire to hear, while ignoring what you would rather not hear.  If it is advice you want from others, you may have to be a bit more specific, but none the less, I will continue to pray for you Ghilie, and thank you for praying for others.  A brother in Christ.

Link Posted: 12/31/2009 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
As this fairly miserable year draws to a close, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  I continue to keep everyone in my prayers...

Yours in Christ,
WhyTanFox
Link Posted: 12/31/2009 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going to ask for prayer for problems I have been having in my life, but the Lord has blessed me in so many ways, and my problems are self-inflicted.

I have many self-destructive habits that I continuously struggle with (all behaviour, no substance issues), big inability to let go of the past (family stuff) and am humbled by the strength others have shown in this thread as they deal with externalities brought upon them.

So I cannot in good conscious ask for your prayers, but to the extent someone as imperfect as I am can, I shall pray for those who have posted here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 1:08:26 AM EDT
[#13]
well first, my brother has just went through a HORRIBLE divorce. and I am worried for him. 19yrs of marriage, payed for his x's college and wham! she left. He got 50/50 custody and payed her $50,000.00 and he kept everything thank the good Lord. Please pray for his peace of mind and strength. second.....I have scholiosis. 32 degree curve to be exact. If you would, pray that if it be the Lords will that it be healed or at least take the pain away. I aint a whiner  but I am tired of taking med's. I take 6 sets of hydrocodone and soma mix pretty much every day. That stuff stinks. Sorry for the whine.  I aint able to subscribe to this so it will take me a while to be able to check on replys. Thanks in advance. I am full aware of the power of God and through His Son Jesus Christ (yeshua) however you wish, and know God heals. I appreciate it guys. If any of you buzzards are in my area come by to shoot sometime. I live near Berryville ARK. CYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 9:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearsfan] [#14]
Originally Posted By crashland73:
well first, my brother has just went through a HORRIBLE divorce. and I am worried for him. 19yrs of marriage, payed for his x's college and wham! she left. He got 50/50 custody and payed her $50,000.00 and he kept everything thank the good Lord. Please pray for his peace of mind and strength. second.....I have scholiosis. 32 degree curve to be exact. If you would, pray that if it be the Lords will that it be healed or at least take the pain away. I aint a whiner  but I am tired of taking med's. I take 6 sets of hydrocodone and soma mix pretty much every day. That stuff stinks. Sorry for the whine.  I aint able to subscribe to this so it will take me a while to be able to check on replys. Thanks in advance. I am full aware of the power of God and through His Son Jesus Christ (yeshua) however you wish, and know God heals. I appreciate it guys. If any of you buzzards are in my area come by to shoot sometime. I live near Berryville ARK. CYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're on it!

No one hear is going to call you a "whiner". Prayer is what we are here for, you want it, you got it.

God bless,
Bearsfan
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 10:27:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sunman76] [#15]
I posted this request in GD this morning and would like to place this here.

It is a prayer request for my mother she is a born again child of God but said that she does not want to go through the battle of cancer again this would be her third time she told me that she was tired.  I told her I understand that she is ready to go home if the Lord wills but it sure does hurt.link to other post in GD
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Prayer Team 6,

I've got a serious situation with one of my family members. After a surgery, my Aunt is hanging on by the grace of God.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=982842&page=1

I don't know how I've missed this thread, but please add me to the Prayer Team. I pray for all of us daily, so I might as well make it official.

I've got to thank sunman76 for letting me know about this thread. And thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Chad
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to ask for some kind thoughtsfor my mother, who was hospitialized yesterday. Shortness of breath, confusion, etc. A morning swab of her nose tested positive for MSRA but they havn't done any additional testing yet.
Came home last night to a very sick 15 year old Shepard/Chow mix, my first real pet...she passed away overnight. We just returne dfrom taking her remains to the creamoratium.

A kind word or thought for my mother, and one for the wife and I would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2010 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By dunndw:

I'd like to ask for some kind thoughtsfor my mother, who was hospitialized yesterday. Shortness of breath, confusion, etc. A morning swab of her nose tested positive for MSRA but they havn't done any additional testing yet.

Came home last night to a very sick 15 year old Shepard/Chow mix, my first real pet...she passed away overnight. We just returne dfrom taking her remains to the creamoratium.

A kind word or thought for my mother, and one for the wife and I would be nice.
Prayers are out for your mom!  Also, heartfelt condolences for you and your wife while you grieve the loss of your beloved family member.  
 Losing what has been a long-time, seemingly permanent part of your family is devastating and different family members deal with it in different ways which we sometimes don't recognize as 'dealing', and it doesn't just go away any time soon.  

I think that losing the pooches I've shared life with has illustrated to me how fleeting that life really is, and with pets, their lifespan is usually much shorter than ours which allows us to gather a glimpse of scale in which we can reinvest our love in those we share this life with and put our mortality in perspective.  

None of my pooches could ever be replaced by another, and it is easy to say in our pain that we won't ever get another pet, but failing to do so only robs us of the future potential to experience the type of joy and value that uniquely comes from sharing our lives and homes with a good pooch or pet.  Prayers out for you and your wife!

Link Posted: 1/12/2010 9:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ns2002] [#19]
Originally Posted By Kingpin38506:
Prayer Team 6,

I've got a serious situation with one of my family members. After a surgery, my Aunt is hanging on by the grace of God.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=982842&page=1

I don't know how I've missed this thread, but please add me to the Prayer Team. I pray for all of us daily, so I might as well make it official.

I've got to thank sunman76 for letting me know about this thread. And thanks to all of you for your prayers.

Chad

I'm not on the "list", but consider her prayed for!    

Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I had posted in here a month or so ago and I said that I was being falsly accused for doing something by a lady at church. This lady had also made threats against the church and my parents. We told the elders about what she did and they havent done a thing, we told the trustees and the president of them and the pastor sats down with her and she accused the trustee president of being on a witch hunt and manipulated them to think that my family and I should be the ones asked to leave the church. She has offended so many families at church by harrasment and gossip and not obeying the rules of the church. The trustees are going to vote on it tonight and I am worried about being kicked out and also for the state the church is in for even considering kicking us out. We need your prayers. I am praying for every one on this thread.

In our Lord Jesus Christ

Ghilie
Link Posted: 1/14/2010 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I had posted in here a month or so ago and I said that I was being falsly accused for doing something by a lady at church. This lady had also made threats against the church and my parents. We told the elders about what she did and they havent done a thing, we told the trustees and the president of them and the pastor sats down with her and she accused the trustee president of being on a witch hunt and manipulated them to think that my family and I should be the ones asked to leave the church. She has offended so many families at church by harrasment and gossip and not obeying the rules of the church. The trustees are going to vote on it tonight and I am worried about being kicked out and also for the state the church is in for even considering kicking us out. We need your prayers. I am praying for every one on this thread.

In our Lord Jesus Christ

Ghilie

Oh man, I just went through this myself a couple of years ago. I should have left long before I did, but I wanted to make sure I did all that I could first to try and clean up the corruption on the board. It got really ugly.

Prayer sent.
Link Posted: 1/15/2010 1:16:01 AM EDT
[#22]

In our Lord Jesus Christ

Ghilie

I was wondering how your situation was progressing.  You obviously have quite a bit of yourself and your family invested in this church you attend.  It's really difficult when you are so close to a situation to see outside of it.  I am praying for you and your family again in this matter.  Have you considered that perhaps God has other plans for you?  We can pray all we want for what we want, and sometimes God lets us have it just the way we want even though it leads to bigger headaches.  I pray that God's will be done in your situation for the best outcome for you and your family.  

I understand that we have tests and trials in life, but your church leadership should know you and your family well by now, as well as the lady you are having trouble with.  If you are worried about being voted or kicked out, then you are getting no meaningful support from your church leadership.  If this lady is as you have stated, and if she is causing conflict that so many families have been offended, gossiping and harassing and disobeying church rules, then the situation is a 'no brainer' that isn't worth a millisecond of worry.

The reason that you are still worried, stressed, and in need of prayer is obvious if what you say is true.  You are not getting the support, the encouragement, the backing, not the vote of confidence from your church leadership, period.  They are willing to let you and your family suffer anxiety and stress for over a month (and I'm sure this lady has been a thorn for longer than that), and are willing to let you continue on in some sort of limbo when they have had ample time and testimony from several sources which all agree that the lady is the problem?

How is that any semblance of capable, responsible, godly, loving leadership?  It sounds extremely dysfunctional to say the least.  Is that how Christ would want His Church to function?  Even if you are exonerated, cleared, restored, or whatever your church calls it, what and when will be the next 'crisis' where the 'leadership' can exhibit its ineptness?  They may as well be intentionally making you feel guilty, because they obviously haven't sat down and instilled any confidence in you.  I consider it negligence on their part if what you are saying is true.  I wouldn't allow my family to be subjected to such a situation any longer than you already have.  The world is hard, church should be a refuge and a comfort, and not yet another source of stress and anxiety!  

Is the lady some sort of huge financial contributor?  It shouldn't be about a vote, or a lady that may or may not need professional help.  If the leadership hasn't reconciled the parties, and is willing to let your future membership status swing around without taking you aside and instilling a vote of confidence in you and your family, then for me personally, it would be time to move on.  I may sound harsh and brash, yet wrong is wrong, and right is right, and something is really wrong with the whole situation.  

I pray that God sends you and your family peace and guidance in the matter, and that if you stay at your church that you get capable, responsible, and God fearing leadership.   -Laughingststock

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Just checking in.  Think about you guys each day and each day you're in my prayers.

Link Posted: 1/15/2010 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Thank you for your prayers Laughingststock.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 2:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#25]
I need some prayer right now concerning my twenty-three year old daughter Debbie who was in a horrific car accident right before Christmas last month.

She apparantly fell asleep at the wheel at three o'clock in the morning driving between two towns near where we live.

We really don't know what happened because Debbie is not able to remember what happened to her at the time of the accident or much of anything that happened prior to her leaving the roadway at approxamatly seventy miles per hour, running off a bridge at it's unprotected entrance.

The vehicle which was her sister's borrowed SUV, flew off the road into a forty-foot ravine shearing off part of an oak tree and landed upside down in the water from approxamately three AM, untill around ten AM the next morning and was found by a rancher who resides near there.

We were notified by the Parker County sherriff's dept. out of Weatherford Tx around eleven that morning that our daughter had been care-flighted to Ft. Worth Tx and was in critical condition.

She had multiple injuries and had layed upside down still hooked into her seatbelt all night unconscience semi submerged in water and had water in one lung.

She was discharged from the hospital some time latter and it is apparent now that unless God is willing to do a miraculous healing in our daughter, which by the way I know He does, then Debbie very well could suffer and deal with physical impairments to her right leg and left foot as well as her left arm and memory loss from day to day.

Some days mentally she acts to be about ten to twelve years old.

This was caused by bleeding on her brain and also because of the loss of blood supply to her brain as a result of circulation being cut off after being hung upside down with the shoulder harness wrapped partially around her neck for several hours.

Please pray for Debbie, our family, and for her total recovery as God sees fit.

I will give some other details latter but right now it is difficult to go on.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 4:40:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By SAE:

I need some prayer right now concerning my twenty-three year old daughter Debbie who was in a horrific car accident right before Christmas last month.

She apparantly fell asleep at the wheel at three o'clock in the morning driving between two towns near where we live.

We really don't know what happened because Debbie is not able to remember what happened to her at the time of the accident or much of anything that happened prior to her leaving the roadway at approxamatly seventy miles per hour, running off a bridge at it's unprotected entrance.

The vehicle which was her sister's borrowed SUV, flew off the road into a forty-foot ravine shearing off part of an oak tree and landed upside down in the water from approxamately three AM, untill around ten AM the next morning and was found by a rancher who resides near there.

We were notified by the Parker County sherriff's dept. out of Weatherford Tx around eleven that morning that our daughter had been care-flighted to Ft. Worth Tx and was in critical condition.

She had multiple injuries and had layed upside down still hooked into her seatbelt all night unconscience semi submerged in water and had water in one lung.

She was discharged from the hospital some time latter and it is apparent now that unless God is willing to do a miraculous healing in our daughter, which by the way I know He does, then Debbie very well could suffer and deal with physical impairments to her right leg and left foot as well as her left arm and memory loss from day to day.

Some days mentally she acts to be about ten to twelve years old.

This was caused by bleeding on her brain and also because of the loss of blood supply to her brain as a result of circulation being cut off after being hung upside down with the shoulder harness wrapped partially around her neck for several hours.

Please pray for Debbie, our family, and for her total recovery as God sees fit.

I will give some other details latter but right now it is difficult to go on.

Thanks,

SAE

It is a miracle in my mind that Debbie survived this horrific accident, and I am praying for another for her, and for strength, comfort, and peace for you and your family.

Link Posted: 1/19/2010 11:07:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#27]
Good morning all!

It is great to be back on the religion forum.

Some may know through IM and others may not but I was banned from posting here on the religious forum for the last several weeks.

The call that was made by site staff to do so and in my opinion looking back at some comments that I made concerning some people outside the Christian faith, that decision was quite proper and also consistant with Biblical views and how that type of predjudice can adversly effect my witness pertaining to Christ Jesus plus being outside CoC guidlines.

That aside I would like to thank my good friend and brother in Christ, Mr. HardShell, the principal moderator on the religion forum,for allowing me to be able to post here once again.

That being said I would like to refresh, if you will by the requests of some others this prayer thread which I believe that through God's blessing and the Holy Spirit's direction will greatly benifit all who utillize it, believers and by faith people who might make a decision to follow Jesus Christ after seeing a real demonstration of His power through His love and not just through mere words or the best of intentions.

I believe also that now would be a good time to start a new prayer warrior rollcall in order to list out all who are able and willing to step up for a brother or sister or anyone who is in need here day or night.

So please let me know if you are willing with God's help to effect some real change.

This will also be a great opportunity to recieve for yourself the joy and peace that surpasses anything that the world has to offer through the Christian service of giving and sharing the gifts and talents that God has graciously and wisely bestowed on you for your own ministry

Thanks in advance,

SAE

Revised Prayer Partner List:

1}

2}

3) reconBYfire*

4) Catatude*

5) Kingpin 38506*

6) THAT911GUY*

7) T1NMAN*

8) Kingpin38506*

9) sunman76*

10) Lion*

11) Bearsfan*

12) SAE*

13) DirectAction*

Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Put me on the roll brother!

Thanks for tacking this also HardShell.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 3:25:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gloworm19] [#30]
Guys (and gals), I could use some prayers... not so much for myself, but someone who is dealing with a shared loss...

One year ago at 0530, my best friend was killed in an accident on his way to work. Another vehilce crossed over the median and struck his car head-on, entrapping him and injuring him fatally. Thankfully, he did not die alone, a stranger who heard the accident from his home made it down to the vehicle and stayed with him until FD and PD arrived. My buddy died shortly after, while still pinned in the car. Knowing the damage done to the vehicle and the gruesome inuries that were sustained (I am a fireman of 18 years, and it would have been a horrible sight), I can't imagine a stranger who was not prepared to see what he saw staying with my buddy until he died, praying alongside him and trying to comfort as best he can. I ask that you pray for that stranger, who was never identified or known to us, that he may not have been affected by what he saw that morning.

I also ask for prayers for my buddy's girlfriend, who continues to this day to struggle to make it through each day without the best thingthat ever happened to herm without her Prince Charming. My friend was no saint, but a good man, loved by many, and dislked by none. She has strayed away from faith, and is having much trouble coping with her loss. No matter what support friends and family try to give, she seems to have resigned herself that she will never get over it enough to enjoy life again, or find any kind of happiness. This has led to a rift in several once-close relationships, though we all try to manage and continue to support her. At the time of the accident, all three of us were sharing a house together, and it truly felt like home with those two. Though our schedules rarely meshed, it was nice to get home and see the signs that my roommates had been there, and it gave me comfort and great joy to make a home with them. Once our lease was up, we moved out in separate directions, and don't see each other near enough. I know she thinks I have forgotten, or gotten over what happened, but I have not. I have chosen to use his death to positively change my life, and motivate me towards greater things. I pray that she find the same kind of strength, and eventually finds happiness and peace, and goes on with her life instead of letting the pain weigh her down.

His parents and three younger brothers also struggle in their ways to cope with the loss of a wonderful son, a caring big brother. I ask that they find some comfort as they rememberthis day as the day we lost him.

And if there is a bit of room in your pryaers, I could use a word or two for myself. Through his death, I have learned to be more patient, more considerate, and to appreciate my life and those in it with a much deeper understanding of what everyting means to me. He was the closest thing to a little brother I have ever had, and after his death, itwas revealed to me by fellow firemen how much he respected me, looked up to me, and wanted to follow in my footsteps in his own life. His death has also introduced me to my relationship with the Lord, one I did not know existed (though He has been there all along, waiting patiently). Through the hard times, I have found faith to be an absolute necessity in dealing with the difficulty of the situation.  I onyl ask that I continue to be blessed with the strength necessary to keep moving forward and helping those I can help.

Joe, buddy... I miss you. I love you. And I will see you again, of this I am sure. It's painful living without you in the world, but you have helped me lay a new path in my life. And I can't thank you enough for the time and friendship we had while you were here. Though tears are flowing right now, they aren't all tears of sadness, many are tears of joy and pride for the friend I had while you were here.

May God hold you in His hand, Joe...
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 6:41:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Gloworm19, what an awesome act of love the stranger displayed to stay with your friend while he breathed his last breath.

Prayer sent concerning all involved.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 10:23:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#32]
Gloworm19,  

It is awesome to see how one peron could affect so much impact and the realization of true friendship in many lives, some very positive, and in other ways mabe not so much.

However sometimes I wonder about if I were to inherit God's kingdom today, what real impact would I have had or produced while here on earth with the time and resources that God had given me.

There are many things concerning the things we do over a period of time which we forget.

There are also special people and events which are eched into our memories by and through events that may have been very joyous, but sometimes also through traumaic and painful experiances.

It seems right now that you remember your buddy Joe more through the latter, but we will pray for the Comforter to lessen your sorrow concerning your dear friend Joe, whom you loved just like a brother, and to replace that sorrow with happiness, contentment and understanding and for you to know how this event has indeed given God glory through your loving commitment to Him as a Christian follower.

We will pray for peace and understanding for all concerned.

We will also pray that Christian laborers are put in the path of all concerned to minister and comfort as the Lord of healing directs.

This applies to the blood related part of Joe's family also.

Oh and by the way, we love you too brother!

Stay in touch and thank you sir, for your selfless acts of community service and heroism to and for the ones who do not have the power to save or fight to survive for themselves.

This too is a gift and talent only given to the ones who are special in God's sight because He made you this way.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Welcome back SAE, good to hear from you.  Please get me on the list.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lion:
Welcome back SAE, good to hear from you.  Please get me on the list.

Good to be back and to hear from you again Lion!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/20/2010 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Put me on the roll brother!

Thanks for tacking this also HardShell.

My pleasure brother Bear!

Thanks for the tack ''Principal'' HardShell.

Sumthi'n told me that I needed to go back and look it up with Mr. Webster and all of 'em.

Preaciate it and you.

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/20/2010 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Would like to thank everyone for the prayers that was said for my mom. She called me a while back after her doctors visit for cancer
that is when the did a test and told her that it was back.

I posted and asked for your prayers, and asked my church to pray she had a scan done last Friday to see how bad it was.

She went today to go over the results, and there was nothing their

God is GOOD amen.

To God be the GLORY

Another story that gives the glory where it should be...

This is a email that was sent out by my good friend and neighbor of my friend here at work.

Last week he and his wife lost their 16 year old daughter in a car accdent belolw is a copy of the email that was sent

please keep them in your prayers....

Sent: Tue, January 19, 2010 6:27:20 AM

Subject:

Our God is an awesome God. Only once before in my life has this been more true to me than in the past four days. That was on Amie's birthday, 10-21-93. It is 5:00 A.M. right now and I just felt compelled to say thank you to all of you for everything. This has been an awesome experience for Denise and me. The outpouring of love and compassion has been overwhelming. What we want now is for God to show us our new direction in lives. We are anxious to jump in with both feet into whatever God has planned for us. We know that God has opened another door for us. We just have to find it and run through. Please continue to pray for us in the coming days as we adjust to life without our girl. A 16 year routine is going to be hard to change. Denise and I both knew that our girl was going to do something wonderful for God and she has . She has touched untold lives in the past few days and we believe that those lives will be changed forever. What a blessing. The

youth of this community will always remember her just as we remember those that passed when we were young. After waiting for nearly 16 years for our only child Denise and I new that we were only going to have one chance to raise her. We took advantage of every moment. We can both honestly look back and say with great pride that we have no regrets because we did it right. We cherish the time that we had. She was a blessing that we did not deserve. When Amie had a problem that seemed to her to be overwhelming I would remind her of Philippians 4:13. I can do ALL things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me. We would say a prayer and the problem would soon go away. Denise and I are now leaning heavily on Christ for our strength. We both know that the Lord is the source of our joy and that we will be happy again. We refuse to let this tragedy take control of our lives. With God,s guidance we are going to turn this around into something positive. Amie and I

have talked about why bad things happen to good people. I would tell her that there is a devil loose in this world and that sometimes bad things happen because of that, but when bad things happen to good people, good people run to God. Denise and I have both run headlong to the Lord since last Thursday. That is the only thing that has allowed us to keep our sanity. We would like to encourage any of you that are reading this to do the same when tragedy comes your way. We will ALL experience some type of tragedy while we are here on this earth. When that happens there are only two routes to choose. We can turn to God or away from God. In my job I have seen countless people who have turned away from God and try to deal with their problems by themselves. So many times that decision has led people to attempt to end their own lives. I am always saddened when I come in contact with these people because the answer is so simple. Lord Jesus, I cant do on my own

anymore. I know that I have sinned and I now ask your forgiveness. Please come into my heart and life and guide me through the rest of my days. Folks, please help me spread this simple solution. I have never been very vocal about my christian life but I feel like that may change. Denise and I both hope and pray that this tragedy will touch untold lives in a positive way. When you see us again put on a smile and greet us like you always have. Don't be sad for us . We haven't lost our girl. We know exactly where she is. She is being loved and protected better than we could have ever done. Our God is an awesome God.

Jeff and Denise Arnold

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 4:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sunman76] [#37]
excited double tap
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 5:45:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#38]
Originally Posted By sunman76:
excited double tap

Yeah no kidding!

Tell Mom she's in it to win it!!!

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/21/2010 10:40:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#39]
I would like to request from our prayer partners right now and everyone who reads this post, some additional and consistant prayer concerning my daughter debbie who is back in the hospital apparently with more bleeding on her brain and possible blood clots lodged in her right leg.

Deborah was in a severe car accident last month and you can refer if you want to the top of this page for further details.

Also my older daughter Renee overheard two doctors at the hospital late last night as she was out heading down the hall past the nurse's station to the coke machine that Debbie did not have any vital signs when the paramedics first arrived on the scene and recessitated her after being alone and partially submerged in water in sub-freezing temperatures for several hours.

The really unusual thing that happened through this though is that Debbie suffered no hypothermia or any tissue damage from frost bite as a result of being literally in a deep freeze for as long as she was.

The doctors are all stumped about this one, but her mother feels that there was very likley an angel that was there with her all night ministering to her and keeping her warm enough in regard to her injuries as well as alive until a rescue was achieved..

At this point I tend to agree, praise the Lord!

Please pray for Debbie and us that by God's grace that she will recieve a total and complete healing in her body and recover to be a great blessing and glory unto God concerning her witness.

Thanks,

SAE

btw:Deborah is a Christian and loves the Lord and is a very beautiful person inside and out and was a honor student when she attended the University of North Texas at Denton.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Sunman! That is such great news! Praise God.

SAE, I will continue to pray for your daughter to make a full recovery. Welcome back, and add me to the list.

Chad
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kingpin38506:
Sunman! That is such great news! Praise God.

SAE, I will continue to pray for your daughter to make a full recovery. Welcome back, and add me to the list.

Chad

Thanks so much Kingpin38506.

It is good to meet you and i'm sure that you will make a great edition to our dedicated prayer team and by faith with many blessings and Godly revelations to follow!

Your brother in Christ always,

Jim

Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#42]
New to the prayer forum, if you could see to a small prayer I could sure use some help right about now.
The health is deteriorating along with increased pain levels, just a small prayer as there are people who need it far more than I.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:38:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#43]
Originally Posted By YoungFrankenstien856:
New to the prayer forum, if you could see to a small prayer I could sure use some help right about now.
The health is deteriorating along with increased pain levels, just a small prayer as there are people who need it far more than I.

Great to have you aboard YoungFrankenstien856!

Are you a Christian?

Thanks,

SAE

edit: YoungFrankenstien856,

The reason that I ask if you are a Christian or not, is not to try to convert you into being one per say, but to help us know how to pray for you.

Not only about your present condition, but about what it will take for you to get exactly the result in which you are looking for!

You may at this time have some issues with God about the situation that you find yourself in presently.

If you do then that's not really that uncommon of a response to your situation.

However, is it that you are just looking for some comfort as to the easing of your pain, or are you looking for something else?

Real prayer and real answers and the demonstration of God's power have very much to do with specifics.

We can at any point that you wish go to IM if you would feel more comfortable with that, or by your word we can just pray with what we have.

The choices you have here on how to approach this thing are yours to do with as you see fit.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Your brother,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/26/2010 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#44]
am I a Christian? possibly.
Do I believe in God? with out a doubt.
What perplexes me is why he keeps me here, in the 17 years of my disability I've returned from the brink to fight my way back on several occasions.
Why?
If there is a reason to all this pain & suffering please by all means let me in on the grand scheme, or is this one big cosmic joke?
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 9:20:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#45]
am I a Christian? possibly.
Do I believe in God? with out a doubt.
What perplexes me is why he keeps me here, in the 17 years of my disability I've returned from the brink to fight my way back on several occasions.
Why?
If there is a reason to all this pain & suffering please by all means let me in on the grand scheme, or is this one big cosmic joke?

First off, thank you for getting back with me YoungFrankenstien856,

It is good that you and I can come togerther to discuss such matters.

In light of the information that you have graciously given to me, it is certainly not surprising that you are and have for many years had many questions about, ''why me?'', and how your peticular situation fits into God's,''grand scheme'' of things pertaining to all of mankind here on this great planet which the Bible states was created by Him for His own purposes and good pleasure by doing so.

I may not know a great deal concerning your own life and all that you've been through, not only on a personal level about you and how you've had to adjust to your condition , but also how this has affected every aspect of your life, to include everyone that you have come in contact with, and how they percieve you, forced to deal with this issue.

I'm also fairly certain that after seventeen years that you have run the gambit of ways to recieve healing about your condition, which includes not only man's medical science, but also through spiritual means.

Is this pretty much an accurate asessment YoungFrankenstien856?

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#46]
I pray for all in this thread and ask the same in return. The Lord knows I could use it.

While I am a spiritual man, I have never lost my faith with the man upstairs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By reconBYfire:
I pray for all in this thread and ask the same in return. The Lord knows I could use it.

While I am a spiritual man, I have never lost my faith with the man upstairs.

Good morning reconBYfire.

Is there anything in peticular that you would like the prayer partners who are here to pray about concerning you today.

Thanks,

SAE

Link Posted: 1/27/2010 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Your assessment is spot on SAE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I would like to request prayer for myself. At this point I really don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I will tell you that it's health related.

I have a doctor appt. on Feb 5, and should get some info following that.

To be completely transparent, I have been dealing with a tremendous amount of fear. I know that kind of fear isn't from our Father, but it's what I'm dealing with.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2010 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Your assessment is spot on SAE.

So where do you what to go from here brother Frank?

Do you feel like that there might be somewhere else to go that you haven't been to yet, in regards to what you're looking for?

Thanks,

SAE

Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top