Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:00:17 AM EDT
I was born with a disability they thought was CP. Age 9, I fell and was paralyzed from the neck down for an hour. It was then they discovered the spine injury. My cord was 85% severed. Why I regained movement they don't know.

During a spine surgery, the doctor will reduce the anesthesia and ask you to move fingers and toes. There's a training regimen to go through leading up to surgery so you do it in a barely conscious state. I distinctly remember seeing myself on the table. I remember talking to a man telling him I was scared. I remember him telling me to get back in there because I wasn't done. I later talked to the doctor about it and I could tell him the names of his assistants. It freaked him out.

Same surgery was expected to be 3-4 weeks in the hospital. I went home in 6 days. I was given a 2-5% chance of walking and I can. I was told I'd be on several pain medication for life and I use none.

Another time, driving me and my dad to work in Springfield Missouri we come upon a traffic jam on I44 at the Stratford exit. I heard that exact same voice of the man I talked to during surgery telling me to keep distance...watch your rear view mirror and be ready to go into the median. About 20 seconds later I see a semi truck sliding sideways coming right at us. I did exactly as the voice said. I escaped but the car in front of me got hit and the person died. I can't explain it but it was as if I knew it was coming.

Last year my niece had an episode of SIDS. Sudden infant death syndrome... I was home and mom was doing laundry as she laid Ava down for a nap. Why she felt the need to check on her, we can only say God thing.... she found her turned blue and she screamed. Started beating on her back thinking she got choked and I'm calling 911. We administer cpr and she's regaining color as paramedics arrived. Hospital called it sids and said that you never see a kid get snapped out of it.

Let's hear your crazy things
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
These events can be recreated in lab experiments.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:15:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a pizza delivered in under 29 minutes, I'm convinced the Great Spirit moved the delivery guy with great vigor.

Funny how these 'miracles' never seem to happen to those who believe in false gods like those of Shinto or Hinduism.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These events can be recreated in lab experiments.  Sorry.
View Quote
Sorry for you buddy
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#4]
OP sorry for some of these comments.
YOU are a miracle and because you are, you recognize other miracles.
To naysayers; Science IS a miracle. If it wasn't, rocks and bugs would be running LABS and performing experiments.
I've seen miracles happen in my life as well!

Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If you need proof, you don't believe, just by definition.

I love watching the acrobatics of a true atheist.  Mind you, they are rare.  Most who carry that torch now are just immature self centered gluttons one artillery burst away from the proverbial foxhole.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I have never sought proof.  I have seen it everyday.  I have faith, which allows me to recognize the proofs.  Proof can't cause someone to believe, not in a true sence.  That is the work of the Holy Spirit.  

All that said, yes.  I have seen the hand of God at work many times.  It is amazing to look back over my life and recognize how He worked things.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Israel is a nation and possesses Jerusalem, the burdensome stone, the place that drives the nations crazy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I see G-d when somebody helps another.  I know I've seen G-d when I look into the eyes of my happy wife.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#10]
You have only to open your eyes. He surrounds us. I cannot wait to fall before Him and worship Him for all eternity where my entire being is saturated with His pure love.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Between 10 and 15 years old my mom had breast cancer 3 times! Each time chemo therapy etc.
the third time she had one of her breasts removed etc. (funny side note) when she was in the hospital recovering from that surgery the dr. Said he wanted to try leach therapy!!! Inorder to help blood flow into into the newly constructed breast that the dr. Made.  
  They flew in "medical" leaches from NY.  Anyway one day the dr. Applied a bunch of the leaches then said I'll be back in a while to check on you.
  When he left my dad pulled out some rubber fake leaches he uses for fishing and put them on moms neck and a few on her face!!! Then dad and mom both pretended to be napping when the doc came back in... the doctor Freaked out!!!! He almost fell over he was so shocked!!! It was hilarious!!!!!
   Ok back to the point of the story. When I was around 20? My mom had a check up and they found another lump and said it was cancer again!  multiple dr. S checked results.
  Made an appointment a few days later for follow up. In the mean time she prayed and prayed. She told God to please take the cancer away. She said she just couldn't handle going through it again etc.
   At her follow up apt. They did another mammogram and the lump was gone!!!! Completely gone.  They even sent her to another hospital to use a different machine thinking theirs was broke. Same results. No lump and no cancer.
   There have been a few other things I've had happen or noticed but that was the one that sticks out in my memory.
  Sorry this got so long!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I've told what happened to me before on here several times.

About 20 years ago, I was on the side of the interstate with a flat tire. I was hit, thrown through the air around 15-20 ft, body impacted the tailgate of my 80's Ford truck and dented it in, as I was behind it talking to a vehicle there to assist, bounced off, rolled into the interstate, and opened my eyes.

I immediately and audibly called out to God. He answered. I stood up without a bruise or a scratch.

Praise God. He saved me that day from death or paralyzation.

I don't know if I would have ended up in hell that day but I sometimes contemplate that I would have. I was living a backslidden life of sin and had turned my back on God. I never quit believing in Him, it's just that I ignored Him and lived in sin knowing what I was doing was wrong.

He has watched over and blessed me all my life. What a wretch I am yet He has always loved me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I drowned in 1975
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]
God is real and amazing things can and will happen to people of faith.  Things that cannot be understood.   Prayers sometimes are answered in unusual ways.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#16]
An event? You are breathing aren't you?

And the earth is canted at a perfect 23.5 degrees about it's polar axis since..........the beginning, enabling the seasons we enjoy. It is all too perfect to be an accident.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:08:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Some great stories right here.  

Anyone ever experience the birth of a child, the death of a loved one, or watch a rain storm?   Go ahead and try to make the sun come up or build a mountain range.  

With horses I'm aware of the presence of God every day and am in awe of His goodness and mercy when the pastures green up.  

Just the actual chemical process that exists that allows us to read this......that we have eyes.....is enough of an event for me.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#18]
When I wake up, when I see the sun rise, and when  I see the moon and stars. All these thing are proof this is not a random work of  pure luck and chance.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Long story short, When I was 11 or 12 I was hit by a car while riding my XR80 dirt bike. Bike ended up under the front of the car, basically under the front of the engine.
At the very least I should have been hit by the front bumper right about the upper shin/knee/lower thigh, slammed to the ground and pinned under the bike to some extent.
I basically ended up on the hood, slammed the windshield, once the car skid to a stop I slid off onto the ground.
I did have a helmet on.
Only mark on me was a bruised butt cheek from landing on it from sliding off the hood.
Bike didn't fare so well.
I should have been killed, or leg(s) destroyed, etc.
No way in hell I "jumped" up off of the bike to end up on the hood like I did.
Divine intervention is my only conclusion.
There are other things I have experienced but none so cut and dry.
I will never try to convince anyone God exists, not my personality.
But no one will ever convince me God doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I know bad things happen to good Godly people, just read the book of Job. My life has been nothing but a blessing. Now I am not worthy of the blessings I've received and I would like forgiveness from people I've wronged in the past and yes I've prayed about it.

Here's part of my story,

I was adopted from birth with wonderful parents, served in the army for over twenty years and overall fairly healthy.

At age 17 it was discovered I had a major heart problem that just would have never been found had I not been adopted. There is no way I would be alive today had it not been discovered and repaired. I know I am being vague but it's the truth.

Several years after getting out of the army a woman contacted my mom and told her she thought I was her sister and listed a number of reasons why..... After confirming her suspension by obtaining my original preadopted birth certificate and a DNA test with her father we are all indeed a match.

My biological parents were high school sweethearts, I was conceived while they were in high school and given up for adoption. Several years latter they got married and raised their daughter. There life has been filled with drama over the years, again I am being vague.

The bottom line is things played out in my life due to Gods intervention. I knew from a young age I was adopted and never really needed to know who my real bio parrents where. The timing how everything played out was part of Gods plan and I am thankful to now know them.

It is really strange just how much me and my biological father are alike.

Maybe I'll write more later, for now I must go.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Working off an electric snorkel lift I'd borrowed from another Trade. Using it outside to reach the roof line to hang lights. Extended all the way up and out, sitting on the sidewalk.
Went to move it. The brakes came off before the Drive kicked in. Instead of driving, it rolled. Right off the sidewalk. The wheels sank into the turf and I went from up against the building, in the process of being flung out into traffic like a yoyo. I distinctly remember yelling "Jesus save me". The lift bottomed out on the sidewalk and I slammed to a halt, at about a 45deg angle. I had to call someone to come out and hit the emergency lower.
No damage to me, the sidewalk, or the lift.
Then there's the time I was accused of causing 150M in losses, the potential firing of all 26 guys on my crew, and about blowing myself up by shorting out a sub panel. My Christian hating foreman suggested I call someone to pray for me. I did. He did. No losses, no firings, and the problem "went away".
My wife was diagnosed with Graves disease. We prayed over her. Her doctor decided she'd been mis-diagnosed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#22]
None of that proves anything. Your faith is your faith. My son survived terrible illness and is still with us. I still have no faith and remain a non believer. Makes no difference.

We all witness 'miracles' like the stars above and childbirth, etc.

What about all the horrible horrible senseless and random tragedy, death, murder, etc.  All that disproves to me as much as anything else proves the existence of a god that gives a shit.

If you have faith, good for you. Thats what it is all about. I dont have it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
None of that proves anything. Your faith is your faith. My son survived terrible illness and is still with us. I still have no faith and remain a non believer. Makes no difference.

What about all the horrible horrible senseless and random tragedy, death, murder, etc.  All that disproves to me as much as anything else proves the existence of a god that gives a shit.

View Quote
Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Free will and human depravity causes 99% of this 'random' tragedy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm going to drop this in here, despite my good sense telling me it doesn't really matter to anyone but myself. 

A few years ago when I was a Chief ET on a drilling rig, I was working from scaffolding on the drilling drive.  I was wiring up a junction box after changing out a service loop.  I had to leave the job for a while to get some more tools and had returned to the drawworks level, stepped over the guard rail and onto the planking.  There was a section I had to walk down for an elevation change and I was using the scaffolding railing to support my weight.  As I was moving down, in a hurry, I realized I had reached a section where the rail was missing and I quickly shifted my hand to grab the existing railing.  Then it dawned on my that I had been supporting myself for a second or so on "nothing", there was nothing but empty space where my hand had been and I should have fallen.  My pelican hook hadn't been connected to anything during the transition time and would not have allowed my safety harness to arrest my fall. 

I was leaning, with my body weight supported on a section of guard rail that wasn't there at all. Thinking about it since then always leaves me with a queasy feeling. This is one of the times in my life where reality was distorted and 1+1 did not equal 2.  I don't even like thinking about it, the fall would have been around 30 feet to the drill floor. Still messes with my head.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Long story short, When I was 11 or 12 I was hit by a car while riding my XR80 dirt bike. Bike ended up under the front of the car, basically under the front of the engine.
At the very least I should have been hit by the front bumper right about the upper shin/knee/lower thigh, slammed to the ground and pinned under the bike to some extent.
I basically ended up on the hood, slammed the windshield, once the car skid to a stop I slid off onto the ground.
I did have a helmet on.
Only mark on me was a bruised butt cheek from landing on it from sliding off the hood.
View Quote
Do you think you should have been pinned under the car along with your dirt bike?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I've had a few (20 or so) significant encounters with God over the years, so I learned long ago that he is real and he hears our prayers and helps us when we call out to him. I've also had dealings with angels and ghosts/spirits. I would be writing for an hour if I wrote out everything that I have experienced. I believe 100% that God is who he says he is.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Lottery. Tonight. I will build him a new house !
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do you think you should have been pinned under the car along with your dirt bike?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did have a helmet on.
Sorry for such a late reply to your question.
Yes, I do think at least my legs should have been pinned. The car hit me perfectly perpendicular on my left side.
My right leg should have been pinned between the ground and the bike and my left leg between the bike and the car.
Besides that once I was struck the car continued to skid to a stop for 20 or so feet, so I would have been drug on concrete.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I should have died from a spinal infection that went to my brain when I was 19.
I'm still alive.
Praise God.
He is my strength, my rock, my everything.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Funny how God works.  He makes it simple to confound the "wise".

We ask Him to prove He exists before we will believe.

He says, believe first then I will prove to you......

He is near to the brokenhearted, the poor in spirit, and honors the humble above all else.  The first shall be last and the last first.

Every single day is a miracle of life. Every Single Day.  He has a plan for your life and every single word you speak has meaning to someone.....for good or evil-so be careful what you say.

Last weekend my grandson spoke the exact phrase I taught him 3 years ago about riding a horse to his younger sister who was scared and up on a horse for the first time.  Word for word.  I don't see them often but he remembered everything I taught him and this past year has been a tough one full of sorrow for the entire family.

Your life has purpose and meaning who ever you are.  Don't waste it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been privy to more miracles than I can count or explain away.  Part of the definition of miracle is an unexplained marvel. Marvel....

This was last week. It is not a coincidence.

Life is so incredibly short. I've attached a brief article below. There is a  mention of  the death of Ms. Lou Hopper.
The article doesn't tell much about her as a person. It simply says, she was hit while trying to cross the Beltline and died from her injuries. She is a total stranger and I remember reading about her, really in  passing but it became quite personal this morning.
As it turns out,  I did have one single opportunity to meet her for a few brief minutes prior to her passing.
It is my habit, to go through the drive thru at Jacks, for a tea/coffee at 5 am.
On Jan 11, as I made the turn into Jacks, I saw an older lady walking on the Beltline. It's unusual to see anyone at that time in the morning, especially when it's cold and she didn't have a jacket on.
The lady was wearing pink slacks, and a pullover cream colored  sweater. She had a hat on but she definitely wasn't dressed for the weather.
The sweet workers at Jack's are always patient with me when I throw an extra order in for random people.This isn't to brag or get attention but when things are dark for me I find making someone else day a little brighter helps me a thousand times more than it helps them.
That morning I paid for my coffee and started to pull forward, but something told me to stop. I handed the card back (knowing I had just enough in my account for gas that week). I urgently told the drive thru lady, about the lady in the pink slacks and that  I wanted to get her breakfast. In fact I begged  them to please, give her whatever she wanted (mostly to keep her in the building to give her some warmth since something seemed not right). There was a line of cars waiting, but the manager knew I would not leave..and she rushed over to get the lady's order. She swiped my card and hurried it back to the drive through window. I thanked them and went on my way, including this lady in my prayers.
A full week of bad weather and flu passes and I finally get back to my usual routine.

Friday morning, I do my run through Jacks for a tea but this time the manager came to the window with my beverage in hand. She said, she had been waiting to talk to  me about something important and paused ... then with tears in her eyes she asked if I remembered how I insisted on buying a lady breakfast when it was so cold and icy a couple of weeks ago.
I nodded. She then told me, that the lady had come in with no money but asked for a cup of water because she wasn't feeling well. The manager gave her the water and was bit irritated with her. She went back to the lady and told her to order anything she wanted on the menu. The manager said the lady couldn't believe it, and explained how grateful she was when they gave her the order. She hadn't eaten in 3 days. She said she felt like she as having a seizure and felt better after eating. They made sure she was ok, before she left and the lady' made a point to go by the counter just to thank the manger again.. she said... "I just saw two angels this morning, thank you." Those were Lou Hoppers last words in this world.
After she finished her breakfast is when Ms. Lou Hopper made her way back up to the road and attempted to cross the Beltline. That is when she was hit by a truck. She died shortly after on that cold road...and those where her last moments...her last words.
I don't know the circumstance that put Ms. Hopper on the street at that time in the morning. That road is treacherous on a normal day and most pedestrians avoid it. I don't know what kind of a person she was, or what her life had been. It doesn't really matter to me.  But as a fellow human, I want Ms. Lou to have the final dignity of being remembered.

I know God has her. I know, in her last minutes on earth, she had few minutes of warmth, and some kindness shown to her. She had a humble meal and warm drink, and someone prayed for her. She touched three peoples lives forever and she gave us the opportunity to love her in kindness even for a few precious seconds.
She might have passed away,  alone on the road, but she was in my heart and my prayers  when she took her last breath.

And this morning three people shed tears for the loss of her life.  Rest In Peace Ms. Lou.. forever grateful.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/morgan_county/decatur/identity-released-of-pedestrian-killed-on-beltline-road/article_53d22354-4abd-5c06-aee0-743fb1673189.html?

My son and daughter argued that it was not a miracle. The traffic was heavy for a Thursday and there was ice along the sides of the road. Ms. Hopper had to walk that path to get back to where she was staying which was with a group of homeless people under an over pass near a Krogers. The more I heard about the last few days of her life, no home, no friends, her daughter was tired of her and wasn't exactly looking for her... even the smallest act of kindness gave her life a tiny bit of dignity. We take it for granted.

My hope is that she didn't die feeling the loneliness and exile her conditions created. I hope she felt important for one priceless minute in her life. Even if it was the last thing in her life. That is my hope. For all the things to line up on that day, the way it did, is miraculous. Miracles aren't always visible. Sometimes they are a new beginning.  Sometimes a miracle offers comfort when the family is at the end of their rope. Sometimes a miracle is finding a penny, or a smile... or helping someone who has suffering see the are getting by when they thought they weren't. God is in all of it. To see a miracle you first must believe they exist, and expect them in the most unexpected ways.

If you add it all up.. I've had thousands of miracles. I could fill this thread up with them. You have to be open to them to begin with, and you have to willing to say... I can't explain that.
But for the Grace of God...
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#33]
The miracle of a brat.
That Moment Your Mistake Saves a Life
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Hike to the top of a mountain where you can see to the horizon, hear no human-created noise, see no man-made distractions. Open your eyes, all your senses, mind and especially your heart. You will hear the entire universe testify of God. Not a spoken voice, but you will feel His power and influence. I cannot experience this and NOT KNOW there is God.

Whenever I do this I have a similar experience. I can go off to be alone with God and he willingly shows me His hand. To me, this is a miracle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Another miracle:

My neighbor was a wealthy, well known builder in town. He was cantankerous, on wife number 4, ruthless when it came to business and was rowdy when he drank.
My son was about 4 months old and my daughter would turn 2 . 1:30 PM was nap time for both and we didn't usually schedule anything around nap time but this day I had an appointment
an hour away with an impossible attorney.

My friends will tell you I am a rabid badger when it comes to being protective. Since losing loved one's to DUI's I have zero tolerance for people getting behind the wheel of a car while under the influence.

Needless to say, I was loading up two grumpy kids for the long drive to the next town over when I see my neighbor stumble towards his truck. I watched for a moment as he stumbled back to his house, but then turned my attention back to buckling up the kids in the car seats, noted the time and pulled out of my driveway. Normally the route to get to the attorney's office, meant making an immediate left,
at the cross street, which would have taken me the opposite direction from my neighbor.  My neighbors house was about 150 yards from mine and I could see Lee, stumbling back to his truck again. I looked at that clock and looked at him and got pissed. I felt I had to at least offer to drive him to where ever he was going because I didn't want him on the road in "that" condition.

Last second decision and mad at myself for "not wanting to get involved". I drove straight instead. I got out and started to ask if he need a ride  when I saw an enormous amount of blood all over my neighbor. This was before cell phones so I ran to his adjacent neighbors house (she later told me she hadn't missed a day of work in 20 years but was home sick). I pounded on the door screaming for her to call 911. She didn't immediately open the door but called 911, because of the panic on my face. This man had been using a table saw, and had cut all the way through his hand which was hanging by just a small thin piece of flesh... worse yet was  the amount of blood he was rapidly losing. He was strong and gangly, from working construction, and much taller than I, and he was clearly in shock. He refused to lay down, but his movement was causing more blood loss.  I had to tackle him to get him to lie down. His lips had begun to blue up and I knew we  wouldn't make it to the hospital. His arm was still spurting and I grabbed one of the kids receiving blankets to make a tourniquet and a disposable diaper to wrap the hand. His movement made it impossible for me to get it tight enough, so finally I flat out  knelt on the pressure point under his arm with all my weight, while putting direct pressure on the stub and keeping the hand and arm above his head.
Another lady drove by and thought I was hurting him and ran to another neighbor who called the police, but then they saw what was happening and offered to stay with my kids, a third couple, had randomly been visiting her mother and stopped and they elevated his legs... it took 10 mins to get an ambulance there. He was afraid of dying.

He coded while being transferred to the hospital from loss of blood, he had no dicernable BP and his pulse was thready, rapid and barely there. They were able to stabilize him. A new doctor had just arrived in Huntsville a week prior: He was specialized in traumatic hand injuries. Lee was transferred the trauma center where they were able to reattach his hand. He was able to feel and move all his fingers up to 90% with the exception of his pinky which suffered the most damage.

The police asked if I knew what had happened... in their words.. "his garage looked like a murder scene".   He was attempting to drive himself to the hospital and was looking for his keys and must have run through the house.

I completely forgot I was covered in blood and got in my car and drove to the attorney appointment. His first words were... should I be checking the trunk of your car and where did you hide the body.  That was when I started to cry and realized how much blood was all over me. I needed a minute before I got behind the wheel with my babies in the car.

The doctors later told his wife that he was seconds from dying, had it not been for our efforts.
This is not to to say I did anything special or to brag. There was nothing nice about "why" I was headed to see if I could keep him out of his truck.
By Lee's own account.... for him it was an absolute miracle. All the things that had to fall in place for Lee to survive, he got the use of his right hand back, and ultimately changed his life. He stopped drinking which allowed his kids to rekindle their relationship with him. He died a few years later with all his kids surrounding him.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hike to the top of a mountain where you can see to the horizon, hear no human-created noise, see no man-made distractions. Open your eyes, all your senses, mind and especially your heart. You will hear the entire universe testify of God. Not a spoken voice, but you will feel His power and influence. I cannot experience this and NOT KNOW there is God.

Whenever I do this I have a similar experience. I can go off to be alone with God and he willingly shows me His hand. To me, this is a miracle.
View Quote
Absolutely beautifully put.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Edited ~ medicmandan
View Quote
Thank  you so much medicmandan!
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I should have died from a spinal infection that went to my brain when I was 19.
I'm still alive.
Praise God.
He is my strength, my rock, my everything.
View Quote
Clearly that WAS a miracle and you have something more important left to do. I am thankful for you.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was born with a disability they thought was CP. Age 9, I fell and was paralyzed from the neck down for an hour. It was then they discovered the spine injury. My cord was 85% severed. Why I regained movement they don't know.

During a spine surgery, the doctor will reduce the anesthesia and ask you to move fingers and toes. There's a training regimen to go through leading up to surgery so you do it in a barely conscious state. I distinctly remember seeing myself on the table. I remember talking to a man telling him I was scared. I remember him telling me to get back in there because I wasn't done. I later talked to the doctor about it and I could tell him the names of his assistants. It freaked him out.

Same surgery was expected to be 3-4 weeks in the hospital. I went home in 6 days. I was given a 2-5% chance of walking and I can. I was told I'd be on several pain medication for life and I use none.

Another time, driving me and my dad to work in Springfield Missouri we come upon a traffic jam on I44 at the Stratford exit. I heard that exact same voice of the man I talked to during surgery telling me to keep distance...watch your rear view mirror and be ready to go into the median. About 20 seconds later I see a semi truck sliding sideways coming right at us. I did exactly as the voice said. I escaped but the car in front of me got hit and the person died. I can't explain it but it was as if I knew it was coming.

Last year my niece had an episode of SIDS. Sudden infant death syndrome... I was home and mom was doing laundry as she laid Ava down for a nap. Why she felt the need to check on her, we can only say God thing.... she found her turned blue and she screamed. Started beating on her back thinking she got choked and I'm calling 911. We administer cpr and she's regaining color as paramedics arrived. Hospital called it sids and said that you never see a kid get snapped out of it.

Let's hear your crazy things
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#42]
The Holocaust and Holodomor?
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The Holocaust and Holodomor?
View Quote
Yes. These are a fulfillment of the terms of the Mosaic covenant being carried out (Deut 28:15-end).

And the fact that they are emerging from that affliction and being restored under the new covenant (Jeremiah 30, plus a multitude of others)

God rules in the kingdoms of men, despite their best or worst efforts
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#44]
My wife has an uncle, very smart guy that used to work for Bill Gates. Was in a bad wreck, had many surgery's and always in pain. Took FAR too many pain meds and passed out, for 2 or 3 days. When he collapsed it was on his arm at a bad angle, cut off the blood flow to it. They find him, bring him to the hospital and have to remove his arm. On top of that, his kidneys/liver ect...are not working and he's brain dead! I call my father in GA and his church prays hard for him. Right before the plug was about to be pulled he wakes up, docs couldn't believe it!!! They say his organs will never work again(been weeks at this point), they pray more for him. Eventually everything starts working, and the docs minds are blown once again... Just one of many miracles I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I have had a handful of profound experiences that has left me with no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have had a handful of profound experiences that has left me with no doubt.
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the stories in this thread.  I find them very uplifting.  I too have had experiences that are precious to me and leave no doubt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top