Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2017 9:41:54 AM EDT
For those who haven't watched it, I recommend it and encourage discussion of it's adherence.  Keeping in mind, it is fiction.

For those who are scandalized by the new church and all of it's debauchery, have some kleenex for episodes 5, 8, 9, 10.

It is NSFW or children, nor malformed or soft Catholics.  I will even go so far as to say, that Jude Law himself didn't really get what he was communicating, but that is me splitting psychological hairs based on his featurette interview.  The Director, on the other hand, really did get it.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I was really intrigued by the trailer though I never got past the first episode

Maybe i'll give it another shot
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I will add, a brief review of papal history and overall direction of Christian orthodoxy helps put this show in it's full perspective.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I binged watched basically expecting either an anti-Catholic tirade or a cartoon.

It was, interesting and much more well done than my prejudice anticipated.

At the political level, I wonder if we will ever see a few of the things touched on by the series, beginning with an American Pope or a Pope able to capture the public imagination, esp. in Europe.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
We watched it and enjoyed it.

Not what I was expecting at all.

Good acting, good writing, good music, great cinematography.

Looking forward to the next season but last I heard it was not going to available till late 2018.

Edited to add:

Hilariously funny at times and very serious and reverent at others.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched it. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top