Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2017 1:29:56 PM EDT

all over a few dollars for a playground on church property. a playground which can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone, regardless of faith or no faith at all.

Trinity Lutheran Church v. Comer

The Supreme Court ruled 7-2 that “the exclusion of Trinity Lutheran from a public benefit for which it is otherwise qualified, solely because it is a church, is odious to our Constitution all the same, and cannot stand.”
View Quote
Great word-choice, SCOTUS--"odius," meaning stinking to High Heaven!

BIG Win For Religious Liberty
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissented.

Why am I not surprised?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I sure wish those two (and Kagen) would get the liberal stress out and have their heart lock up....    or die "naturally" in bed like Justice Scalia
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The next day, the Court ordered two states to reconsider their discrimination against religious schools in light of the Trinity Lutheran ruling:

It vacated a ruling by the New Mexico Supreme Court, which prevented students at religious schools from receiving state-funded textbooks.
View Quote

It vacated a Colorado Supreme Court ruling that halted a school choice program, because students at religious schools were allowed to participate.
View Quote

Trinity Lutheran finally starts to unravel the nationwide web of anti-Christian discrimination known as “Blaine amendments”—state laws and constitutional amendments designed to block religious schools and organizations from access to government programs.

It’s possible that the Trinity Lutheran ruling may open the doors wide open for school choice for Christian families!

"Open the door!"

Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
More winnng.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
awesome! my kids are in private school and I get the privilege of paying taxes for public school and paying full rate to private school. perhaps in the next several years I can get some tax benefit.

MAGA!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
awesome! my kids are in private school and I get the privilege of paying taxes for public school and paying full rate to private school. perhaps in the next several years I can get some tax benefit.
View Quote
ain't THAT the truth, belted_guns!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top