Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 1:29:12 PM EDT
Our pastor was confronted at Church last weekend by a guy that goes by "Southern Israelite" on youtube.  I'm not going to link to the video, because I don't want him to get the views.  Needless to say, the guy is a lunatic.  Unfortunately, through word-of-mouth, the guy knows the Bible inside and out, just uses his own interpretation for his gain and beliefs.  

Our pastor refused to talk to him because another pastor in the area sat down with him and the guy video taped the interaction the whole time and didn't know it.  Our pastor said that he would talk to the guy, just did not want to be video taped.  He knew that telling the guy that would more than likely get him to leave and our pastor definitely took the high ground on that.  He apparently is going to be back out our Church tomorrow for service and picket the members going in.

This also through word-of-mouth, but he apparently is part of a white supremacist group too, and the group is ok with polygamous actions, believe the earth is flat and just have really bizarre beliefs.  I found all this out today at our safety team meeting.  I just ask for prayers for the people who are going to be there tomorrow.  You never know what people may do in these instances.  The good thing is that the local police department is going to have a uniformed officer there tomorrow because of it.  Don't know if the guy understands that the Church is private property and he has been told to leave once already and that if he comes back it's trespassing or not.  The Church is also right on a major 4 lane highway too, so him protesting/picketing isn't going to make it very far since the only area he could do it would be on the road...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the police before and have them remove him
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If he protests on public property then we can't do much about it from what I understand.  Our church attorney has already been notified and has advised what we can and can't do per TN law...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
So what's his beef?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
He apparently targets different denomination churches, ones specifically with long term pastors and is blaming the church on how messed up the country is.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers for all involved.  I am part of our safety team and understand the difficulties in dealing with something like this.  I carry in church for just this reason.  You never know anymore when a lunatic will show up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#6]
OP have him read this and ask him what it means to him. From Paul's mouth himself

Galatians 1:6-9
There Is Only One Good News
6 I am shocked that you are turning away so soon from God, who called you to himself through the loving mercy of Christ.You are following a different way that pretends to be the Good News
7 but it is not the Good News at all. You are being fooled by those who deliberately twist the truth concerning Christ.
8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you.
9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

Its Jesus and Jesus alone, not Jesus plus whatever....
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Not going to talk or say anything to him.  We all agreed that would definitely be the best way to approach the situation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not going to talk or say anything to him.  We all agreed that would definitely be the best way to approach the situation.
View Quote
Well obviously that's your choice, i would bet money that his beef is that you guys as Christians is that you (in his opinion) do not follow the commandments.

The "hebrew israelites" base alot of their beliefs on

Rev 12:17 17
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

i was just trying to give you Pauls words as a counter to that, Paul preached Jesus period as Gal 1 says
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well obviously that's your choice, i would bet money that his beef is that you guys as Christians is that you (in his opinion) do not follow the commandments.

And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

i was just trying to give you Pauls words as a counter to that, Paul preached Jesus period as Gal 1 says
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He absolutely thinks that the Church (whatever denomination) is at fault for how the country is and does not follow what the Bible says.  Again, he is perverting what the Bible says to shape his beliefs and understanding.  

Our pastor does a fantastic job and has a verse-by-verse style of preaching.  Galations 1:10 is my absolute favorite verse by the way
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He absolutely thinks that the Church (whatever denomination) is at fault for how the country is and does not follow what the Bible says.  Again, he is perverting what the Bible says to shape his beliefs and understanding.  

Our pastor does a fantastic job and has a verse-by-verse style of preaching.  Galations 1:10 is my absolute favorite verse by the way
View Quote
Awesome, sounds like you guys are on top of things vs 10 is awesome i agree
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought Hebrew Israelites were black? But he's a white supremacist?  I am combining two post in that question.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Call the police before and have them remove him
View Quote
A church is private property, and you can have an individual arrested for trespassing. As the TL for are church safety team,  we have been currently dealing with an individual who is not wanted on church property and local LE has backed us up on this issue.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
A few of you need to get together and tune him up..
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]
As said above, your church's Safety Team has a heads up on this guy. We had a series of our local Pastors being "interrogated" on various subjects, only to be threatened and a few assaulted. The upshot was local Police and Sheriffs were notified and a uniformed officer standing in the lobby/narthex solved a lot of these "visits."

You never know what these characters are up to. We've had a few items "grow legs" and walk away at our church. I sometimes wonder if these guys are casing the place for future mischief by themselves or others. Or maybe they're just "testing" the Safety Team; who knows.

One thing that I've personally found helpful is when "strangers" walk around the perimeter of my farm on public roads for no apparent reason. I just go out there standing on my land and start taking their digital pics of them AND zoom lens on their vehicle's license plate. Most scurry away like roaches in sunlight. Some explode and demand: "What are you doing that for?" I say nothing and keep taking pics. For this joker who secretly tapes Pastors--hey--turnabout is fair play! (and good evidence and ID.)

Better safe than sorry.

Prayers sent.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I thought Hebrew Israelites were black? But he's a white supremacist?  I am combining two post in that question.
View Quote
He goes by "southern Israelite" on YouTube...  maybe you were talking about combatvector's post about Israelites?  He is not black...
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I hadn't heard of them...I was thinking black Hebrew Israelites.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I take it then that he is not disrupting the service?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Have y'all tried prayer and faith? If God can make the sun stand still for a battle, he can fix your problem. And I do not say that I'm jest. 
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not disrupting the service.  Apparently he sat through the service which was good!  He needs to hear a correct sermon
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Have y'all tried prayer and faith? If God can make the sun stand still for a battle, he can fix your problem. And I do not say that I'm jest. 
View Quote
Our church has always put faith in God and prayer. That's why I'm here asking for your prayers too. The power of prayer is an amazing thing!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Personally, given the provocative nature of this guy, I believe the Pastor shouldn't even engage him.  Might be unChristian but that is my secular view of dealing with extremists.  There is just no reasoning with some people.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Personally, given the provocative nature of this guy, I believe the Pastor shouldn't even engage him.  Might be unChristian but that is my secular view of dealing with extremists.  There is just no reasoning with some people.
View Quote
This is exactly why no one is going to speak with him.  Some people can't be reasoned with...  this is why, I believe, the pastor said he would not allow him to record their convo.  I feel he knew that would make the guy leave.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#23]
A friend of mine had to deal with a similar guy here in Missouri.

He was asked to leave, the police were called, they were very kind...but firm.

Unfortunately some people just have a screw loose & there is little to nothing to be done about it.  Sounds like you guys have a good plan in place.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I can tell by the way the guy talks and writes that his no. 1 goal is to demonstrate that he is smarter than everyone else. His subject matter is so out in left field, it is almost certain that no one will be able to refute him (because no one knows what he is talking about).
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Well he did not show up this am.  Hopefully the next time he comes back, he will be willing to listen to what our pastor has to preach. Thanks for the prayers and I will update about this evening as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Well he did not show up this am.  Hopefully the next time he comes back, he will be willing to listen to what our pastor has to preach. Thanks for the prayers and I will update about this evening as well.
View Quote
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how this shook out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Well no show again tonight.  Was informed that the church attorney was contacting the Sheriff's to have them go out and tell him he was not welcome on the property.  Maybe the message got through.  If it did I'm sure he will post something on his youtube site calling us cowards or some such non-sense.  I'm just going to continue to pray for him, that's all we can do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top