Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 10:30:42 PM EDT
Have you really thought about it? Who is He?

We know that He created all matter. The Universe itself is a creation of His.

I mean, think about the sheer power that He has. Have you? Have you really thought about it?

What must He look like? He always has been and always will be. It's really beyond our comprehension.

I was getting an eye exam with the ophthalmologist the other day and they had a diagram of the human eye on the wall. I thought to myself how marvelous a thing, the human eye is.  I mean, as an invention, it is amazing. I was thinking about that aloud, with the tech, and she just agreed. I wonder if she understood just how amazing it really is.

The eye however is just one small invention compared to the vast, complex, universe He has made.

It is fascinating and humbling, and at the same time comforting, because I know He cares for us.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
He is an alien scientist of the greatest magnitude. He's from another dimension entirely. 

He is not actually like anything we have been told by humans 2017 years ago. Other humans have explained things in primitive, human terms. 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Rick and Morty - Nobody Exists on Purpose
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
He discribes Himself  as " The Great I Am"
and so He is.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#4]
God/gods are man's way of explaining what they can't understand.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The Shack describes Him as a large attractive black woman.  

I'm good with that.

He is The One True God that is plural.  Maker of Heaven and Earth.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The Shack is so heretical it's not even funny.  And lots of people will see it because they think it is Christian...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God/gods are man's way of explaining what they can't understand.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This
View Quote
it boggles my mind why you guys hang out in the religion forum, if God doesn't exist because you guys say so
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I find religion fascinating even though I don't buy into it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He discribes Himself  as " The Great I Am"
and so He is.
View Quote
I was going to post this very thing. 
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, we know one thing. The Bible says let us make man in OUR image so we resemble both JC and God.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I AM THAT I AM.  
(I will be what I will be)

Father, Son, Holy Spirit!

Quoted:

I mean, think about the sheer power that He has. Have you? Have you really thought about it?

What must He look like? He always has been and always will be. It's really beyond our comprehension.

I was getting an eye exam with the ophthalmologist the other day and they had a diagram of the human eye on the wall. I thought to myself how marvelous a thing, the human eye is.  I mean, as an invention, it is amazing. I was thinking about that aloud, with the tech, and she just agreed. I wonder if she understood just how amazing it really is.

The eye however is just one small invention compared to the vast, complex, universe He has made.

It is fascinating and humbling, and at the same time comforting, because I know He cares for us.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Shack is so heretical it's not even funny.  And lots of people will see it because they think it is Christian...
View Quote
Burning Down The Shack – Dr. James DeYoung
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#14]
From the WCF

CHAPTER 2
Of God, and of the Holy Trinity

1. There is but one only, living, and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions; immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible, almighty, most wise, most holy, most free, most absolute; working all things according to the counsel of his own immutable and most righteous will, for his own glory; most loving, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth, forgiving iniquity, transgression, and sin; the rewarder of them that diligently seek him; and withal, most just, and terrible in his judgments, hating all sin, and who will by no means clear the guilty.

2. God hath all life, glory, goodness, blessedness, in and of himself; and is alone in and unto himself all-sufficient, not standing in need of any creatures which he hath made, nor deriving any glory from them, but only manifesting his own glory in, by, unto, and upon them. He is the alone fountain of all being, of whom, through whom, and to whom are all things; and hath most sovereign dominion over them, to do by them, for them, or upon them whatsoever himself pleaseth. In his sight all things are open and manifest, his knowledge is infinite, infallible, and independent upon the creature, so as nothing is to him contingent, or uncertain. He is most holy in all his counsels, in all his works, and in all his commands. To him is due from angels and men, and every other creature, whatsoever worship, service, or obedience he is pleased to require of them.

3. In the unity of the Godhead there be three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost: the Father is of none, neither begotten, nor proceeding; the Son is eternally begotten of the Father; the Holy Ghost eternally proceeding from the Father and the Son.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
God is God..

And Jesus is his physical representation of God in the Flesh.

God is the Holy Spirit.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Ezekiel 1:26-28  “Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.”

Revelation 1:14-16 “His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.”
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#18]
1John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#19]
God is Our Father. He is the clean un-created Spirit who has no beginning and no end. He IS,

Christ is God's Son. God in Flesh and the only Son of the Father. Christ is  the fulfillment of the Old Testament. He is the Light and Salvation of the world and our sorry souls even though we don't deserve it.

The Holy Spirit is the Advocate. God in the Spirit Presence.

The Holy Trinity but One God.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait until you understand the chemical process and the exact sequence of events that happen to translate those images from outside your eye to your brain.  If even one chemical or one step is missing you're blind and can't see what has  appeared in front of you as you climb out of the primordial muck to find the meal you must have to survive until you can evolove into some higher life form in 15 billion years.....

We are fearfully and wonderfully created.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 7:54:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Most churches trivialize the Godhead.  He is awesome.
"I AM THAT I AM!"

In other words, he will be what he will be.

We are made in the image of God and His angels.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I find religion fascinating even though I don't buy into it.
View Quote
There is a difference in religion and Christianity.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I can no more understand God than I can explain quantum physics to an ant.
I don't need to understand God to have faith in Him.

Tomac
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#24]
God is the personal creator all mighty absolute being that resides and exists in his own element - he does not need creation to exist for he is the creator. He is from everlasting to everlasting.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#25]
The more you dig into quantum mechanics/physics, the more you begin to understand what we are dealing with.  A binary world that is created on a Planck Length/Time grid made of strings that vibrate at given energies.  Life that is encoded with a quaternary (as compared to our binary computer system) chemical bit information system. Reality that springs to being when observed by a conscious observer only such as ourselves or an overreaching cosmic consciousness.  These are all scientific theories based on formulas and experimentation.  Many theorists have come to the conclusion that there is a cosmic designer and that that one must exist outside our universe, having brought this one into being from nothing but energy.

Let there be light, and there was light.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I try to break it down to simple terms. He knows how atoms work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top