Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2017 11:46:24 PM EDT
This article summarizes the Catholic position pretty well.

How do non-Catholic Christians view Freemasonry?
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Orthodox are forbidden membership. If they become a Mason, they're supposed to be excommunicated. This is the traditional stance. If it's actually done, I don't know. I only know one person IRL who is a Mason, and he's Protestant.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I know a Serb Orthodox guy who is also a proud Mason.  Likely unaware of the prohibition.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
The PCA and OPC are against freemasonry.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod does not allow membership in Fraternal organizations or Freemasonry.

I *believe* the same is true about the Lutheran Church, Wisconsin Synod.

I can't be sure about the ELCA or newer LCMC but I'd bet my lunch money that the ELCA allows human sacrifice and calls it "Christian"
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My religion has historically had conflicts with Freemasonry but as of the 1980's they officially have no position regarding them and I am free to join/participate.

ETA:  I'm working through the article and the author is grossly misinformed and she certainly has an agenda she is pushing.
View Quote

Thank you.  Are you referring to historical or ceremonial misinformation?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top