Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2016 3:10:03 PM EDT
I was reading thought the thread in GD about who is everyone's favorite televangelist to watch and there were a couple comments that really stood out.

Quoted:
Not a single one.

Duplantis, Meyer, Osteen, etc are ALL preaching a false gospel.

They will one day answer for it.
View Quote

In response to the above.

Quoted:

All working for satan.
View Quote

Why do you feel that they are preaching a false gospel and are working for satan? I'm by no means calling anyone out, I'm genuinely curious as to why you all feel that way. My mom watches all of those listed and the way she obsesses over them concerns me. For the record I'm a born again believe and non-denominational Christian.

@Old_Painless
@storminnorman
@freeride21a
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was reading thought the thread in GD about who is everyone's favorite televangelist to watch and there were a couple comments that really stood out.

Quoted:
Not a single one.

Duplantis, Meyer, Osteen, etc are ALL preaching a false gospel.

They will one day answer for it.
View Quote

They are all business men, they don't give a shit for you unless you send money. Try to get one to preach at a funeral of a loved one.

In response to the above.

Quoted:

All working for satan.
View Quote

Why do you feel that they are preaching a false gospel and are working for satan? I'm by no means calling anyone out, I'm genuinely curious as to why you all feel that way. My mom watches all of those listed and the way she obsesses over them concerns me. For the record I'm a born again believe and non-denominational Christian.

@Old_Painless
@storminnorman
@freeride21a
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Most are preaching 'Word of Faith / Prosperity gospel'. Motivational speaking shaped by marketing research, clothed in Bible-speak. The end message almost never changes: "Sow your seed, according to your need". "God wants to prosper/heal you, but he can't until you take that leap of faith!", "Send your love-gift today!" $$$

Justin Peters has several videos exposing some of the biggest offenders. Well worth the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t17fo2yvv3I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34SFte9b9os
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrelaKBbhJE
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of them remind me of the Hank Williams Jr. song "The American Dream" that says "Now there are some preachers on TV, with a suit and a tie and a vest, they want you to send your money to the lord, but they give you their address. Cause all of your donations are completely tax free. God bless you all, but most of all, send your money".
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
It's always bothered me how all of these people are living high on the hog via donations while saying that God gives them everything they need.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Gonna drop this here.
FAL$E TEACHER$ by Shai Linne (lyrics in video)
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
yup, as mentioned above, faith prosperity is false teaching.  The part that really gets me is that since it is mainly what the public sees and hears most of due to its TV presence, charisma, and feel good motivational speakers who call themselves pastors... in meme's and on social media, it seems that all legitimate Christian denominations get lumped together with them, by many people who dont know that it is not what the gospel teaches and is about.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gonna drop this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYsruRT0d4
View Quote

That's exactly how I feel about them.

Now I'm not saying that I believe we're all supposed to be poor and suffer like I've heard preached in the past but all this "give me money if you sow money in the Ministry and sit around doing nothing God will bless you" stuff is a load of garbage. Unfortunately my mom is a hardcore believer in their junk and won't listen to anyone who tries to show her what they're doing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
How America Destroyed the Gospel
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
If The Eternal is pleased in your works, can he not bless you with riches

I'm not saying the TV Evan's are pleasing in The Eternal's eyes by any means though
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If The Eternal is pleased in your works, can he not bless you with riches

I'm not saying the TV Evan's are pleasing in The Eternal's eyes by any means though
View Quote

I'm not saying we're all supposed to be poor but basically telling people you have to give them money for God to bless you is just plain asinine.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Just plant a $78.00 seed and see what happens, why 78.00, that's what the lord told me. Right now I sense that some older woman is having trouble with a bill...or maybe a wayward son.... or maybe it's poor health..... I definitely sense something. Planting this seed willl fix your problem. Call the number at the bottom of your screen so god can go to work on this.

What's wrong with these guys? just imagine your grandma sending them money after hearing that and ask me again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just plant a $78.00 seed and see what happens, why 78.00, that's what the lord told me. Right now I sense that some older woman is having trouble with a bill...or maybe a wayward son.... or maybe it's poor health..... I definitely sense something. Planting this seed willl fix your problem. Call the number at the bottom of your screen so god can go to work on this.

What's wrong with these guys? just imagine your grandma sending them money after hearing that and ask me again.
View Quote

That's what my mom gets suckered into doing and it really ticks me off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top