Link Posted: 12/25/2016 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Two words.  False Prophet
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if the world will ever get the whole story on Benedict's resignation.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two words.  False Prophet
View Quote

He does claim to be a Vicarius Christi though. 
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wonder if the world will ever get the whole story on Benedict's resignation.
View Quote

I think there are secrets that are held too close to the vest. Ratzinger was a huge proponent of keeping things sacred and he was Pope John Paul's right hand man when it came to matters concerning doctrine.

I'm with you Zia,
Seems like something foul and dark is going on all the time.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
This entire thing is disturbing.
I have seriously considered leaving the Novus Ordo Church and going back to the Latin Rite because of the lack of clarification.

I am heart broken by what I'm seeing in the church proper and I had to look up a new word. "coprophagy”. 

The problem is the local interpretation of Pope Francis's Amoris Laetitia and his refusal to answer the Dubia.  The Catholic Church in Spain ran with that and a local bishop ordained an openly gay "couple" into the priesthood. 
[url=http://angelqueen.org/category/news/]Link

I can't throw stones here. Mr. AF and I were married by a priest who is gay. He fell in love with an associate priest at our Parrish and they requested dispensation to leave the priest hood. They remain married in FL. This happened after we were married.

I think there are holy people who remain faithful to their vows gay or straight. But an openly gay "couple" making it to ordination is a stretch for me. How can they receive Holy Orders if they are in a state of perpetual sin?
[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
angelfire - all I can tell you is that you are not alone.....the "Novus Ordo" church is infested with Modernism.  The sacraments there are still valid, but the Vatican II experiment is a failure by any metric you wish to measure it. I still go to the new mass (b/c no Tridentine Mass is available on Sundays)  but it is done reverently and ad orientem.

Below are some links to help you keep your sanity:
Canon 212
AKACatholic
The Remnant

Of those listed, I find the Remnant to be the best.....great articles and videos. Keep the Faith!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It doesn't take an observant Catholic to know Francis is nothing but a South American Communist posing as Pope.

Classic case of commie infiltration, IMHO and the sooner the world is rid of that poseur, the better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Six words.  The Pope is not a prophet.
View Quote

I agree. Never has been.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

I don't think Canon212 endorses every link....sometimes it is just pointing out the lunacy.     The owner is a solid Catholic from all I've read about him
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The "upside" of a schism.....and how to survive it! LINKY

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:51:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not Catholic, so I don't necessarily have a dog in this fight. 

But, it seemed like the last schism didn't work out so well. 

John Paul II was the Pope during most of my growing up years. He always seemed like a very solid, very good man. He followed and preached God's word and told it like it was. If some of the more liberal parts of Catholicism didn't like it, he basically told them tough beans. 
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Any of you guys following what's going on with the Order of Malta?

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/pope-francis-continues-investigation-into-knights-of-malta
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#18]
GOD never changes...
Man does.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/pope-francis-continues-investigation-into-knights-of-malta
View Quote

Yes, another tinhorn dictator power play from this dreadful pontiff: Bergoglian Trap
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there no way for Catholics to oust a bad pope?
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Pope Leo IX scowls
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is there no way for Catholics to oust a bad pope?
View Quote

The Cardinals would have to hold a conclave; alternatively, Francis could be declared an anti-pope by one of his successors.  This is above the realm of a layman.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yes, and I have no idea why His Holiness (or his staff, if this is their doing) thinks that the Vatican has any business interfering with a sovereign entity. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, and I have no idea why His Holiness (or his staff, if this is their doing) thinks that the Vatican has any business interfering with a sovereign entity. 

It's a fascinating legal question, as the Holy See and Order of Malta are relics of a bygone era as far as sovereigns go.

There was always varying degrees of effort and success to exert Papal authority over Catholic Kingdoms and Orders back in the day, it's rare too see a power struggle of the sort in this day and age.

The only Order of Malta guy I ever knew was a retired Italian General and also an Ambassador for the Holy See. Lots of overlap in those channels which can really add complexity to the politics.

You ever study Canon law?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The "upside" of a schism.....and how to survive it! LINKY

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78698/Hilary-Toon-117090.JPG
View Quote
Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top