Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 3:35:24 PM EDT
With the advent of it's going to be a divorce, it has left me pondering on the church. why are the divorced treated like a leper to some extent? this is a rant and i am trying to process emotions because I haven't had any in days but it hit all of a sudden. The typical christian answer makes me mad and I know it's the truth of what I need to do but it doesn't lessen the pain and in the end it's going to be better because of how toxic it became but it doesn't help the loneliness and pain and the upcoming holidays. alcohol sure as heck don't help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The typical christian answer makes me mad and I know it's the truth of what I need to do but it doesn't lessen the pain and in the end it's going to be better because of how toxic it became but it doesn't help the loneliness and pain and the upcoming holidays. alcohol sure as heck don't help.
View Quote

been there were you are, TOXIC relationship. when I got rid of that bitch, that was one of the happiness day of my life.

now, my advice, snap out of it, and go out and enjoy and don't think about the bitch that made your life a living hell. as for "loneliness and pain and the upcoming holiday" get a pet, get a  girl to screw, no relationship, just good old  fashion, "wham, bang thank you ma'am",  screwing, and out the door you go.

as for the church and all that baggage that comes with it.  fuck 'em,  none of those asses went through what you went through, tell them they can take that "holier then thou" attitude  and shove it up their ass.

if it was me, and just speaking of what I would do. but if those fine and "upstanding X-tians" would be  preaching to me or getting me mad over something personal as my divorce, I would tell them to "fuck  off you sanctimonious ass fucks" and leave and never come back.  if you believe in a "god", "jesus" and the rest, you don't need to go to a "church" where you will be associated with people who think less of you because you got divorced.    your "god" wouldn't think any less of you because you freed yourself from a living hell. so, you really don't need these people giving you the "stink-eye"  

anyway, that's my advice,  you can either get busy living, or wallow in your "sorrow" over a bitch that made your life hell, and go to a place where they think less of you for doing it.

your choice.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

been there were you are, TOXIC relationship. when I got rid of that bitch, that was one of the happiness day of my life.

now, my advice, snap out of it, and go out and enjoy and don't think about the bitch that made your life a living hell. as for "loneliness and pain and the upcoming holiday" get a pet, get a  girl to screw, no relationship, just good old  fashion, "wham, bang thank you ma'am",  screwing, and out the door you go.

as for the church and all that baggage that comes with it.  fuck 'em,  none of those asses went through what you went through, tell them they can take that "holier then thou" attitude  and shove it up their ass.

if it was me, and just speaking of what I would do. but if those fine and "upstanding X-tians" would be  preaching to me or getting me mad over something personal as my divorce, I would tell them to "fuck  off you sanctimonious ass fucks" and leave and never come back.  if you believe in a "god", "jesus" and the rest, you don't need to go to a "church" where you will be associated with people who think less of you because you got divorced.    your "god" wouldn't think any less of you because you freed yourself from a living hell. so, you really don't need these people giving you the "stink-eye"  

anyway, that's my advice,  you can either get busy living, or wallow in your "sorrow" over a bitch that made your life hell, and go to a place where they think less of you for doing it.

your choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The typical christian answer makes me mad and I know it's the truth of what I need to do but it doesn't lessen the pain and in the end it's going to be better because of how toxic it became but it doesn't help the loneliness and pain and the upcoming holidays. alcohol sure as heck don't help.

your choice.

What he said^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Have some respect.  You are in the Religion forum..not GD.

You are welcome to stay and offer help, or your view, but try to be more respectful.

OP.

I don't know your circumstances.  I don't believe that 99% of divorce is biblical.  However, I do things some people would say isn't Biblical either.  I think you will find that here at least, people won't judge you not knowing a thing about your circumstances.  I know that there are lots of churches that have divorce classes ( for divorced people) not on how to get one.. I think there are lots of good Christians who understand that it's tough.  There are also lots of people that have no clue.  Look for God.  The worst day of my life was also the day God was closest to me, and looking back I see how I was blessed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, emotions of this moment aside, slow down in this forum -- plenty of people are willing to and want to offer advice.

I suppose it's within your right -- in the face of a personal trial -- to lash out and question your faith in this forum, but please, temper yourself for the reception of genuine and grounded advice.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If you attend a church where people judge you, it's time to find another church.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I suppose it's within your right -- in the face of a personal trial -- to lash out and question your faith in this forum, but please, temper yourself for the reception of genuine and grounded advice.
View Quote

I didn't  read anything about him "lashing out or  questioning his  faith".  it's the sanctimonious asses in that "church"  that are judging him just because he got divorced,  that has him PO. if I'm wrong then I'm sure he'll step in and say so.

he'll get no better advice then what I gave him. I was in that situation one time and what got me through it was to just forget her lock,  stock and barrel. burned every thing she left behind, that included pictures, drapes, furniture, bedding etc...  she picked out. I even took out the toilet seat and repainted the walls to the color I picked out  

I eliminating ever single vestige of her ever being there in a big bon-fire.  I went total "marriage cleansing" .  then  toasted her in front of that fire to wish her a  long and gruesome death with a good scotch whiskey.

then went and bought new stuff I need, that didn't have her butt print or a single fingerprint of hers on it. which surprise, surprise, surprise turned out to be a whole lot less then what I burned.

for me it was therapeutic burning everything that she picked out,  sat, laid on so I didn't have to me reminded of her .  I symbolical killed her, you don't to prison for symbolical killing.   then went on with my life

that's what the OP needs to do, eliminating every single vestige of her.  then move on with his life

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:21:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Bravo, I've read your posts for a while, I know what what you went through.
There will always be stigmas in the church. Some churches are more understanding than others. Maybe try out some new places? Get to know the paster. Go to the small groups along with "big church".
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I didn't  read anything about him "lashing out or  questioning his  faith".  it's the sanctimonious asses in that "church"  that are judging him just because he got divorced,  that has him PO. if I'm wrong then I'm sure he'll step in and say so.

he'll get no better advice then what I gave him. I was in that situation one time and what got me through it was to just forget her lock,  stock and barrel. burned every thing she left behind, that included pictures, drapes, furniture, bedding etc...  she picked out. I even took out the toilet seat and repainted the walls to the color I picked out  

I eliminating ever single vestige of her ever being there in a big bon-fire.  I went total "marriage cleansing" .  then  toasted her in front of that fire to wish her a  long and gruesome death with a good scotch whiskey.

then went and bought new stuff I need, that didn't have her butt print or a single fingerprint of hers on it. which surprise, surprise, surprise turned out to be a whole lot less then what I burned.

for me it was therapeutic burning everything that she picked out,  sat, laid on so I didn't have to me reminded of her .  I symbolical killed her, you don't to prison for symbolical killing.   then went on with my life

that's what the OP needs to do, eliminating every single vestige of her.  then move on with his life

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, my statement to OP was probably a bit presumptuous. I only intended to suggest that he slow down, take a deep breath and hopefully some well intended people here would offer him advice. I can only imagine the range of emotions he's experiencing, and anger is surely one of them. Anger, however, leads to rage and rage leads to hate; I hope he doesn't juxtapose this alongside his faith -- so many people do and I find it saddening.

Make no mistake, there is not a person among us (myself foremost) that doesn't grapple with anger and where it can lead us -- I've been to the darkest of places in my own life; God have mercy on me.

Regarding yourself, I'm sorry to hear what you've been through. I know relationships can, and often do, go bad in such a way that two persons, who previously loved each other, can suddenly find themselves enemies. I'm sorry your previous relationship became toxic, as you described it. I'm also sorry your experience compelled you to symbolically kill her while wishing her a long and gruesome death in its immediate aftermath. That's a dark place for any person to find them self and I hope you've since regained your will to do good in this life going forth. Make it count.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm also sorry your experience compelled you to symbolically kill her while wishing her a long and gruesome death in its immediate aftermath. That's a dark place for any person to find them self and I hope you've since regained your will to do good in this life going forth. Make it count.[/span]

View Quote

I wasn't sorry about it,  it felt good, and I'm  glad I did it. what I did was far more therapeutic then going to some "support group" and listening to a bunch of whiners for hours. as for being in a "dark place", being married to that thing was in a   "dark place". I don't believe in a "god" or the "devil". but there was times that I thought I married the "devil"

as for that notion, "regained your will to do good in this life" I have always done good even when I was married to that thing or  getting over that thing I married. I didn't take It out on people that had nothing to do with my situation.    news flash,  you don't have to be religious or believe in a "god" to do good or to be good.

why people,  religious types, think that if you don't believe in a "god" or in some other "god" that somehow makes you  a bad person, I don't know.  I've known plenty of people who went to  " church"  did  the whole "god" thing, that I wouldn't trust to be around lose change .

I just pointed out to the OP, the BEST way to deal with his situation is to just  "kill her", like she never existed in his life,  then sally forth. dwelling on it, or wallowing in   "sorrow" isn't good for his mental well being.

I don't know, maybe going to "divorce support group" might help him. maybe after he hears worse stories then his, he'll say, "wow, that is far worse then I went through" and he'll feel better that he isn't in that person's shoes. and will come out saying, "wow, there are people that went through worse then me, so why I am wallowing about my situation"
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I seen enough on here to know I am a drop in the bucket compared to what some have gone through and know the storm is over soon but it isn't easy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
With the advent of it's going to be a divorce, it has left me pondering on the church. why are the divorced treated like a leper to some extent? this is a rant and i am trying to process emotions because I haven't had any in days but it hit all of a sudden. The typical christian answer makes me mad and I know it's the truth of what I need to do but it doesn't lessen the pain and in the end it's going to be better because of how toxic it became but it doesn't help the loneliness and pain and the upcoming holidays. alcohol sure as heck don't help.
View Quote

My wife teaches at a church preschool.  Her director's husband left her two years ago and divorced her.  They fired the director (well highly suggested she resign) because of her situation.  My wife was devastated and I found the entire event repugnant.  

My wife to this day has not come to grips with the event.  I was not surprised by the way the church handled it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My wife teaches at a church preschool.  Her director's husband left her two years ago and divorced her.  They fired the director (well highly suggested she resign) because of her situation.  My wife was devastated and I found the entire event repugnant.  

My wife to this day has not come to grips with the event.  I was not surprised by the way the church handled it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What church? Denomination...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Threads like this make me so thankful for my church. I'm a preacher and I'm divorced.

My wife was sleeping with a co-worker and I after attempts at reconciliation on my part and no repentance on her part, I divorced her. The leadership of the local congregation was supportive throughout. Once when she threatened to come to church and make a scene, I let the Elders know and they gave me that Sunday off and promised to handle it if she showed. They were there for me in a 1,000 different ways. Our congregation still tries to be a haven for hurting people.

By the way, OP we're in good company, God divorced Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 3:8; Isaiah 50:1)
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Threads like this make me so thankful for my church. I'm a preacher and I'm divorced.

My wife was sleeping with a co-worker and I after attempts at reconciliation on my part and no repentance on her part, I divorced her. The leadership of the local congregation was supportive throughout. Once when she threatened to come to church and make a scene, I let the Elders know and they gave me that Sunday off and promised to handle it if she showed. They were there for me in a 1,000 different ways. Our congregation still tries to be a haven for hurting people.

By the way, OP we're in good company, God divorced Israel and Judah (Jeremiah 3:8; Isaiah 50:1)
View Quote

Exactly as it should be done.  Not that I want anyone to be divorced, but there is a biblical way to proceed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Large Baptist church in my AOR, will not name the church because my wife is still employed there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Bravo, just curious, which denomination?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Large Baptist church in my AOR, will not name the church because my wife is still employed there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I meant denomination, I don't care the name of the church.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bravo, just curious, which denomination?
View Quote

non denomination
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
my church gathers around the hurting and covers them with love and prayer.

r
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
My small group and leaders I have met with understand and are helping me adjust to a whole new life. It doesn't lesson the pain but it's good to know someone is there. I just have to move on with my life and rebuild.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you attend a church where people judge you, it's time to find another church.
View Quote

I'd hate to go to a church where my brethren don't judge me. Helps keep me in line.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd hate to go to a church where my brethren don't judge me. Helps keep me in line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is a line. Between helping and hurting
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Really sorry to hear about this Bravo. I hope that the Holy Spirit will be your guide and comfort you through this. Look to those who can give you direction as you go through this. You now will be a comfort to those who go through divorce as well I am sure of it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I am surrounded by people who love me yet feel alone and the depression is growing. counselor has me on watch so to say
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I am surrounded by people who love me yet feel alone and the depression is growing. counselor has me on watch so to say
View Quote
Bravo42... Do NOT loose your confidence in God. DO NOT GIVE UP! The fact that you wake up every day means there is a greater reason for you and you NEED to be here!!!

What you are going through is a massive loss and it comes with a huge bag of heartbreak.  

Don't buy yourself trouble. You need to economize in the things you will give energy too! Others judging you doesn't matter. There is only one Judge.

This is overwhelming but you don't HAVE to take it all on at once. Get through the moment and then give yourself credit.. you made it that moment! Get through the hour, and celebrate.. it hurt but you made it through the hour! Give yourself TIME. The gift of time is essential. You will make it through and soon!

God is merciful and loving and forgiving beyond words. You are precious! BEYOND what can be written here.

IM anyone in this forum if you need us!

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#27]
would there be anyone out there willing to help me refine my resume? I am afraid from all the stress I can't really focus right now
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Exactly as it should be done.  Not that I want anyone to be divorced, but there is a biblical way to proceed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain.

I'm sure you're aware of Mt 5:31-32 and Mt 19:1-12.  Jesus reaffirms the Creator's intent, and explains why the Mosaic provision for divorce is imperfect and incompatible with His intent.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#29]
today was fine until i had to deal with her. i was called every name in the book because I refused to give her money to see her tub of lard girlfriend and how I need to grow up and why I will never grow up. My friend dropped me off at starbucks so i wouldnt be at the house alone after that. Im seriously scrwed as shes going to win and doing whatever she can to get me go off the deep end.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Are you still worshipping at the Church of Iron? It tends to help a lot of people during stressful times.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

would there be anyone out there willing to help me refine my resume? I am afraid from all the stress I can't really focus right now
View Quote
I can help you.

Email me the resume.

AF

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Are you still worshipping at the Church of Iron? It tends to help a lot of people during stressful times.
View Quote

I haven't gone in awhile like a few days because of no ride. She gets the car in the divorce and I just got my permit after years of having bad eyes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I seen enough on here to know I am a drop in the bucket compared to what some have gone through and know the storm is over soon but it isn't easy.
View Quote

It never is.

Regardless of your situation, but as a person who has witnessed plenty of divorce, I would strongly recommend counseling to help you package what occurred, and use the lessons to improve your life.

Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't have a religious answer, but the general answer to feeling awful, for whatever reason, is just to hang on. I guess that's consistent with having faith and focusing on the big religious picture, though, so it doesn't clash with religion, at least. Bad times are like the flu. It's miserable but you know it's going to get better, so you try to stay calm and just ride it out. Easier said than done, but perspective and faith will get you through anything. Just hang on and keep on doing the things you know are good, like the gym and seeing the people who support you.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I too have been battling with depression but for a different reason. I denied it for weeks and told myself that of course I was feeling down about things and that I would snap out of it but I really just felt numb. Nothing was interesting, I had no desire to do anything besides sit and stew. I began treating my loved ones very poorly as well and had no patience for anyone.

I have been praying a lot and trying to focus on Christ and the Fathers will for us and my life now. It has helped. I also started talking about it to others who asked and admitted that I just felt numb all the time. The days have been getting better a little at a time here and there. I am trying to make myself actively participate in others lives and try focusing on them. As well as going outside regularly. This is hard for me because I am disabled but it really helps because truth be told I would rather be outside anytime.

I hope your days are getting better and that you are finding some relief here and there. Depression is no joke so please don't wait to talk to someone about it. I spoke with my Doctor and we agreed on a plan which could include some medication if I do not come around in a given time frame. It isn't something I want to do but I will if I don't see an improvement. Hang in there.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#36]
week 1 or so.. shes leaving me high and dry and almost no roof over my head. sold all i can and if i am forced to go back to illinois i will probably do something stupid because i dont want to be there
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Bravo42, where are you in Missouri?
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

im in joplin, i have a lead on a full time job and just need to pass my driving test and get a vehicle
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

im in joplin, i have a lead on a full time job and just need to pass my driving test and get a vehicle
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, if you were closer, you could crash here. But I'm almost in Iowa, so that'd probably be too far of a commute.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#40]
She left and I wish I could go back, I can't get out of bed and everything hurts. So many memories are flooding back like they just happened. I'm left with boxes and two dogs who miss their mom. It wasn't suppose to happen, all of the negative emotions, we weren't suppose to end like this.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She left and I wish I could go back, I can't get out of bed and everything hurts. So many memories are flooding back like they just happened. I'm left with boxes and two dogs who miss their mom. It wasn't suppose to happen, all of the negative emotions, we weren't suppose to end like this.
View Quote

I'm going to pm you my phone number.  I am going through it.  I know your pain. If I don't answer when you call, I WILL call you back when I can.

ETA sending my email as well. Not team so not sure how much room in my inbox for pm.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#42]
lost your email
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Emailed you a little while ago.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's normal to feel that way, and it's temporary. You just have to hang in there and do the things you know will help. It will get better.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Checking in,I have to move in a week and can't find an apartment so I'm stuck going to back to an abusive  house in illinois. I have one option left for housing
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#46]
You can be a sad sack if you want to.  You can feel like things happen TO you.  You can launch into a years long pity party.

You could also choose to be optimistic. You have a clean slate. Tabula rasa.  You could adopt out the dogs and catch a bus going anywhere.

I've seen amputees come unglued over losing a limb.  No doubt, it sucks in a major way, but they let it consume them. They wilt, focus on the loss, on the injustice of it, the lost plans, they give in to depression.

I've also seen amputees that are almost pathologically upbeat.  They are excited that the stump heals and shrinks to where it can be fitted with a temporary prosthesis.  They are stoked about picking out the best socket and foot type for their lifestyle. They show off the fancy decorations on the prosthesis.  They get amped up at accomplishments in physical therapy.

The exact same injury can be a tragedy or a nuisance depending on YOUR decision on how to behave.

You're losing a boat anchor.  Your wife did you a favor.  Forget the downers at church, get positive, quit being a professional victim and decide on a course of action.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#47]
you got the dogs? that is awesome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top