Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2016 7:28:02 PM EDT
At Mass this week and last our Priest has been outspoken about the choices before us as Catholics living by the faith and values of the Church. He makes it very clear who that is. I was wondering if others have also had outspoken spiritual leaders at Church speaking on this subject?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I stoped going to church but if they would get active and not just kiss the activist popes ring I might return.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At Mass this week and last our Priest has been outspoken about the choices before us as Catholics living by the faith and values of the Church. He makes it very clear who that is. I was wondering if others have also had outspoken spiritual leaders at Church speaking on this subject?
View Quote

He explained how you should vote?
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I only have one true spiritual leader. Jesus Christ.

Everybody else is my brother.

Matthew 20:26-28

But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

https://gotquestions.org/spiritual-leader.html

The Baptist churches I've been too, the pastors are not afraid to speak out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW I am hearing storys from all over. If you a don't do everything you can to keep FHRC from winning you are going to HELL.
This is good
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WOW I am hearing storys from all over. If you a don't do everything you can to keep FHRC from winning you are going to HELL.
This is good
https://youtu.be/881aDDE5qFY
View Quote

Didn't watch the video, only responding to what you wrote.  If I heard someone say that I'd walk out.  They are full of it.  And I can't stand the thought of her being president.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Didn't watch the video, only responding to what you wrote.  If I heard someone say that I'd walk out.  They are full of it.  And I can't stand the thought of her being president.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is good
https://youtu.be/881aDDE5qFY

Watch the video he is much more eloquent but basicly if you don't do everything possible to prevent abortion you are in fact supporting the murder of innocents and your soul is in danger.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
We have a very outspoken priest at my church. He had a very strong homily speaking about abortion. I do however, want to mention that priests and members of clergy need to be very careful on how the present the topic, as the Johnson Amendment prohibits non-profit organizations (Churches) from specifically supporting one candidate or party. The Johnson amendment is being challenged in the supreme court for violating 1st amendment rights however.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The old Polish priest that celebrates the Traditional Latin Mass that my wife and I attend always gives homilies like that, talking about how we should emulate the saints and follow Christ, do what is right and holy, not what feels good, etc.  It's as close to fire and brimstone as you'll find in a Catholic church.  The theme of my favorite homily of his was "Jesus gives us all the answers, but we always ask for a second opinion."  How right he is.

It's a far cry from the "peace, love, and harmony, let's all feel good about ourselves" homilies that are so typical of many Catholic churches today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The old Polish priest that celebrates the Traditional Latin Mass that my wife and I attend always gives homilies like that, talking about how we should emulate the saints and follow Christ, do what is right and holy, not what feels good, etc.  It's as close to fire and brimstone as you'll find in a Catholic church.  The theme of my favorite homily of his was "Jesus gives us all the answers, but we always ask for a second opinion."  How right he is.

It's a far cry from the "peace, love, and harmony, let's all feel good about ourselves" homilies that are so typical of many Catholic churches today.

I remember some serious fire and brimstone homilies growing up. Whew.. but after the 70's that changed. I think people need to keep the end game front and center.

We should hear our souls are at risk, God first, stop pleasing man and worry about what pleases God.

Half of the posts here are that "second opinion".  We didn't like what we were called to do so we found a church that agrees with our way of thinking and not necessarily Gods.

I like your old Polish Priest.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have a very outspoken priest at my church. He had a very strong homily speaking about abortion. I do however, want to mention that priests and members of clergy need to be very careful on how the present the topic, as the Johnson Amendment prohibits non-profit organizations (Churches) from specifically supporting one candidate or party. The Johnson amendment is being challenged in the supreme court for violating 1st amendment rights however.
View Quote

I get the feeling that the Catholic Church is pushing the envelope on this one as my mother told me she got the word of vote DT or your excommunicated...
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]
They might as well cut through all the BS and just say "god wants you to vote this way" like they used to do in the old days.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Our pastor is very outspoken without telling you directly who to vote for.  But pretty obvious
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I get the feeling that the Catholic Church is pushing the envelope on this one as my mother told me she got the word of vote DT or your excommunicated...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on your diocese.

You've got some bishops who are very clear and are pretty pissed off about the Podesta wikileaks. Others not so much.

Some probably don't want to jeopardize their cozy relationship with local politicians. But of course, Judas was the first Bishop to ever accept a government grant.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Judas was the first Bishop to ever accept a government grant.
View Quote

Please explain to me how Judas was a bishop, when there was no church, just a bunch if itinerant troublemakers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a bunch of malarkey. How is the church going to know how you
voted. The church won't excommunicate for how you vote. The won't even
excommunicate the current politicians who are pro abortion or Tim Kaine
would be a gonner.

There will be an accounting of our choices as
believers at the judgement. The scriptures are so clear about that.
People need to worry about what God thinks and wants and not about this
secular world.
There is a third option. Trey Gowdy as a write in.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That is a bunch of malarkey. How is the church going to know how you voted. The church won't excommunicate for how you vote. The won't even excommunicate the current politicians who are pro abortion or Tim Kaine would be a gonner.
There will be an accounting of our choices as believers at the judgement. The scriptures are so clear about that. People need to worry about what God thinks and wants and not about this secular world.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a bunch of malarkey. How is the church going to know how you voted. The church won't excommunicate for how you vote. The won't even excommunicate the current politicians who are pro abortion or Tim Kaine would be a gonner.
There will be an accounting of our choices as believers at the judgement. The scriptures are so clear about that. People need to worry about what God thinks and wants and not about this secular world.

Great another FHRC supporter masquerading as a gun guy....
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#17]
one loves babies, one loves babies in pieces

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top