Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2016 8:54:41 PM EDT
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
The sheepfold is the collection of the saints.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sheepfold is the collection of the saints.
View Quote

and Jesus is the door?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes  (10:7)
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
According to ESV Study Bible, the literal definition is that it was a courtyard next to a house, where the family's sheep are kept, to protect them from predators, etc. Sometimes caves or other natural formations were used. The gate would be guarded by someone, sometimes the shepherd.

I also heard a sermon, I think about Psalm 23, where the pastor described how the shepherd would stand next to the gate and look each sheep over for wounds and anything needing attention as the flock was brought in for the night. IIRC, that's what "anoints my head with oil" comes from, although it might be referring to purification in the passage. Olive oil was used as a wound dressing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It basically means do not follow a false teacher or a false gospel.

We, the chosen, are His sheep.  He will enter through the gate and we will know His voice.

He is the only one that can enter through the gate.  Anyone that enters by means of climbing over
a wall is a false teacher; a false prophet; one who teaches a false gospel.

Only follow Christ.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top