Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2016 8:02:12 PM EDT
Been going to a Southern Baptist church since February, need a quality KJV bible! Is there a quality brand I should look for? Would like the print to be a little bigger, not microscopic like some are...I'm clueless, any help would be great!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Find a store like Mardell's in your area. They have every version  you want in any size print you need. Barnes and Noble isn't bad if that is all you have.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.christianbook.com/

They had good prices and prompt service the few times I've used them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there any specific brands to look for?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I finally got a leather bound Bible last year.  I love the durability of it.  If you are set on a KJV I like my Reformation Heritage KJV. It is sold at the previously linked site.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you intend to do with it?

Do you need study notes?
Do you write your own study notes (i.e. want wide margins)? - The link below has the best that I found for the KJV
Do you want a chain reference? - Thompson's or Oxford

If you just want a plane jane, quality bible, the best deal I think you will find is http://localchurchbiblepublishers.com/

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the Thomas Nelson Open Bible expanded edition study bibles.  They come in KJV NKJV NASB and NLT.  
For your church reading here is one that may sell cheap on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-OPEN-BIBLE-EXPANDED-KJV-1985-OLD-TIME-GOSPEL-HOUR-VISUAL-SURVEY-GC-/252569962542?hash=item3ace57c82e:g:LTAAAOSwCGVX9AYd

Got my first Open Bible Expanded edition NASB in 1989.  The expanded came out around 83 in NKJV and 85 in NASB.

This is one of thee best Bibles you will ever find or own.  It's like having a college course in your hand and very simple to use.

I would suggest also a matching NKJV version of it for personal study but this will keep your Baptist bros happy.

The leather versions pop up quite often on eBay if you want a nicer one.  

You cant have too many bibles.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Been going to a Southern Baptist church since February, need a quality KJV bible! Is there a quality brand I should look for? Would like the print to be a little bigger, not microscopic like some are...I'm clueless, any help would be great!
View Quote

If KJV is what you are looking for, as one poster mentioned, what are you looking for it to include? If it is just text, and you are willing to spend some money, Cambridge is very high quality, especially if you get their goatskin or leather. I used to own two (I gave them to two college students because they were needing a small and portable Bible). I loved them.  They do have large print. I also love Thomas Nelson (I prefer the NKJV), but quality, they are really good. I believe they also make KJV as well hence I mentioned them.

But in all truth, find the aspects you want: center cross references, Lexical helps, background information, outlines, etc. That will help to narrow down the field to which printer and Bible would work for you. Please feel free to IM me if you have any other questions.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#8]
OST

ETA:

Can anyone recommend a good NIV Bible, ballpark 8" x 5", red letter, with at least two "ribbon" bookmarks (preferably more)? I don't need any extra commentary. Also don't need any space to write in the margins.

I tend to read a bit in the morning in the parking lot outside of work, so this Bible going to spend most of it's time sitting on the passenger seat of my truck (and occasionally getting carried into a restaurant). A cover that won't get warped by lots of sunlight is a big plus.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#9]
One you guys should consider, especially for word studies,  comparing the Old Testament to the New, and learning/analyzing Greek, is this: Apostolic Bible Polyglot
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OST

ETA:

Can anyone recommend a good NIV Bible, ballpark 8" x 5", red letter, with at least two "ribbon" bookmarks (preferably more)? I don't need any extra commentary. Also don't need any space to write in the margins.

I tend to read a bit in the morning in the parking lot outside of work, so this Bible going to spend most of it's time sitting on the passenger seat of my truck (and occasionally getting carried into a restaurant). A cover that won't get warped by lots of sunlight is a big plus.
View Quote
Are you set on a printed Bible, or are you open to an electronic Bible? 
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
One you guys should consider, especially for word studies,  comparing the Old Testament to the New, and learning/analyzing Greek, is this: Apostolic Bible Polyglot
View Quote
This is a great idea. I have not used that Resource personally, but I do use E-Sword. Then on The website bible support.com, there is a reference that can be downloaded for free. I don't remember the name (it could be Strong's +) but it does that. Great resource for sure. What you are advocating allowed for a deeper understanding of the entirety of God's Word. I also love my interlinear Bible. 
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are there any specific brands to look for?
View Quote
Did you make a purchase? I was just wondering.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If KJV is what you are looking for, as one poster mentioned, what are you looking for it to include? If it is just text, and you are willing to spend some money, Cambridge is very high quality, especially if you get their goatskin or leather. I used to own two (I gave them to two college students because they were needing a small and portable Bible). I loved them.  They do have large print. I also love Thomas Nelson (I prefer the NKJV), but quality, they are really good. I believe they also make KJV as well hence I mentioned them.

But in all truth, find the aspects you want: center cross references, Lexical helps, background information, outlines, etc. That will help to narrow down the field to which printer and Bible would work for you. Please feel free to IM me if you have any other questions.
View Quote
+ 1 for Cambridge University Press. Very high quality.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top