Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2016 10:56:49 PM EDT
I know the bible says nobody knows, just curious if anybody has opinions on this?
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
When the last soul is saved. And not a minute sooner.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the last soul is saved. And not a minute sooner.
View Quote

After FHRC gets POTUS! Cause after that all hope is lost for this world.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know the bible says nobody knows, just curious if anybody has opinions on this?
View Quote

The places to look are Daniel 11:40-12:4, Zechariah 12, Zechariah 14, Revelation 16, Ezekiel 37, 38, 39, Joel 3, Isaiah 16.

Pieces that have fallen into place:
-Israel will be gathered from many nations (Ezekiel 38:8)
-Israel will settle the mountains of Israel (Ezekiel 38:8) i.e. the West Bank.
-Israel and Saudi Arabia friends (Ezekiel 38:13). Turns out giving Iran nukes did the trick.

Pieces not yet in place:
-Israel will be living securely (Ezekiel 38:8) in unwalled cities (Ezekiel 38:11). This could happen while Christ is judging the saints and cheering up his bride.

Christ's return:
-Jesus will return, gather his saints and be wed. - Judgement seat at Mount Sinai  (Dan 12:1-3)
-Spend a year with his bride in obedience to the law (Deut 24:5), i.e. cheering his bride and not going to war. He's not in public yet.

Meanwhile, while the above is occurring, prelude to Armageddon:
-Gog (probably Russia) and her allies, (i.e. western Europe among others) move into the Levant, take Israel (Ezekiel 38:9) like a storm and plunder Israel
-Saudi Arabia objects (Ezekiel 38:13)
-Jordan is spared (Dan 11:41)
-The invading force continues on to Egypt (Dan 11:42-43)
-Tidings from the north will cause the invading force to turn back around and head to Jerusalem (Dan 11:44)
-Jerusalem is sacked, and her people sent into captivity (Zech 14:1-3)
-The Jews will flee into nearby Muslim nations (Isaiah 16:3-5)
-Gog and her allies set up significant bureaucratic offices in Jerusalem (Dan 11:45)

Then Christ will appear in public with his bride (i.e. the saints) and march his forces into Jerusalem and stand on the mount of olives, i.e. Armageddon (Zech 14:4-5, Ezekiel 38:19-22, Psalm 2, Joel 3, Rev 16:14).

Then he goes off to bring the whole earth into subjection.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Serious and respectful discussion please ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:26:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Serious and respectful discussion please ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#6]
When His enemy's are made a footstool under His feet.  Until then He will be seated at the right hand of His Father.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#7]
He will never return in the flesh. But it you'd like to see him you can start today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Where do you get that?  He said He would return the same as He left..Acts 1:11
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know when He's coming back. I look forward to it. It will be sad for many though, because those who aren't born again are going to be in a serious predicament.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Remind me of that when I'm proven wrong.

ETA:

And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

So, I have a question . . . If Jesus was going to come down to Earth from heaven and appear in physical form, wouldn't it make sense to gaze into heaven? And yet, the men in white questioned that. Weird.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Except if these people stood around all day looking at the sky, they wouldn't get much done in life.  Because He wasn't coming back in their lifetimes. They needed to get to work discipling nations. Not waiting around.

Where do you see that He will never return in the flesh?  He is in the flesh right now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Except if these people stood around all day looking at the sky, they wouldn't get much done in life.  Because He wasn't coming back in their lifetimes. They needed to get to work discipling nations. Not waiting around.

Where do you see that He will never return in the flesh?  He is in the flesh right now.
View Quote

That would come as news to those who expect a triumphant headline-making return.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That would come as news to those who expect a triumphant headline-making return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two are not mutually exclusive.  He will come again in glory.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:56:52 AM EDT
[#14]
In 1 year plus or minus two days
...or maybe before the sun sets tonight.
Plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:00:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know when He's coming back. I look forward to it. It will be sad for many though, because those who aren't born again are going to be in a serious predicament.
View Quote

Are you saying you have to be a "born again Christian" to be saved?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't say that...Jesus did...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had SO many people over the years tell me all you have to do is "be good" and if there's a heaven they'll go...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said in the book of John you have to be "born again" and also goes on to say a short time later in John 3:16 that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. You are born not believing in God but are born again by believing. You don't have to be part of the "born again movement" is what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Who says we are born not believing in God? Can you back up that statement?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#21]
What about this guy.  Luke 24:41-43

The criminal on the cross beside Jesus. He wan't born again, but was going to heaven.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Who says we are born not believing in God? Can you back up that statement?
View Quote

I can't back it up. I'm personally going to go with I didn't believe in God until I was informed by my parents of his presence. I guess I was made aware when i was Baptized but I don't remember that moment. Going to Sunday school and religious grade and High school also helped.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
There are so many cycles of seven throughout the Bible it is a pattern. The cycle always ends with seven something. Creation ended on the sixth day and the seventh was when God rested.  The jews let their fields "rest" every seventh year. There are many more examples. My speculation is that we are nearing the the 6,000 year mark since the Bible recorded the first man created. When Jesus comes the Bible says we go "up" to meet Jesus and spend a thousand years with him in heaven. During that time this earth has nothing going on and everyone who were not saved are dead waiting the Great White Throne judgement. That is considered the earth "resting" for a thousand years. The cycle is complete.

Conclusion: don't know but it may be right around the corner.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

John 3:1-8
You Must Be Born Again
3 Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” 5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#25]
He's already here
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll be dead long before that happens
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There are so many cycles of seven throughout the Bible it is a pattern. The cycle always ends with seven something. Creation ended on the sixth day and the seventh was when God rested.  The jews let their fields "rest" every seventh year. There are many more examples. My speculation is that we are nearing the the 6,000 year mark since the Bible recorded the first man created. When Jesus comes the Bible says we go "up" to meet Jesus and spend a thousand years with him in heaven. During that time this earth has nothing going on and everyone who were not saved are dead waiting the Great White Throne judgement. That is considered the earth "resting" for a thousand years. The cycle is complete.

View Quote

Where does it say we will spend 1000 years with Him in heaven?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The criminal on the cross beside Jesus. He wan't born again, but was going to heaven.
View Quote

Yes he was...why do  you say he wasn't?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think he understands what being born again means.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#30]
If Hillary wins I'll be ready the very next day. Take me Lord. And Smite thease heathens with extreme prejudice old testament wrath.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our pastor has a take that God finished things on the 41st day, he wrote a book 41 Will Come, interesting read.

40 years in the desert, 40 days at the Mount with Moses, etc, though 7 always seems to be a recurring element as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to see Him at mass in about an hour and a half.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Tomorrow, definately tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#34]
It doesn't matter when He returns. If I died today and He returned tomorrow or if He came today and I died tomorrow, my eternal outcome would be the same.

This is pointless speculation, as Matthew 24:36 points out.

And I believe He will return in glory, in a body of perfected flesh and bone.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Keep eating and drinking and enjoying life, that's what he said to do. Not worry about the comeback.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Keep eating and drinking and enjoying life, that's what he said to do. Not worry about the comeback.
View Quote

My mother worried about it her entire life, and then died from cancer at 59. Try to live life
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully during my lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:36:14 AM EDT
[#38]
<coc'd myself
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll repost this from the WWIII thread:

All the major players are aligned right next to Israel, and on the 15th, the leaders of 70 nations (a biblically significant number, as there are 70 nations mentioned in the Table of Nations),  are meeting in Paris to try and force a Palestinian state down Israel's throat. There are also correlations between major natural disasters and nations taking an active role in denying the Jews' right to the Promised Land.

Also, this is interesting to say the least:

The picture comes from an astronomy program called Stellarium. It's free if you want to check it out yourself (use Jerusalem as the location); I did, and it's legit as far as the positions are concerned.

It certainly is interesting. A lot can happen between January and September, and it may be that the popular interpretations of the Revelation timeline aren't 100%. It's interesting that Revelation is one big chiasm, with Revelation 12 at the center, which may prompt some adjustments of the popular timeline.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#40]
On the last day? I see a rapture type event happening but not until the very end.  The notion of being raptured outta here before anything bad happens doesn't seem to be in the Bible.  Some claim that we're not going to be here during Gods wrath being poured out, but if all the saved aren't on earth, how will anyone get saved?  Plus it does say the dead in Christ will rise first, so I guess nobody knows!

For a LONG time I played the game of thinking the constellations are doing such and such on this date, this blood moon and that one, etc. and that somehow it's a barometer to see when Christ will return.  Could it be a warning? Sure.  But I don't buy into that anymore, we won't know until it happens and the Bible doesn't promise that we'll get raptured out of here before bad stuff starts to happen, it sounds just the opposite, that those who endure to the end shall be saved.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why doubt what is written...

All of us will be before the Lord when it is our time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
On the last day? I see a rapture type event happening but not until the very end.  The notion of being raptured outta here before anything bad happens doesn't seem to be in the Bible.  Some claim that we're not going to be here during Gods wrath being poured out, but if all the saved aren't on earth, how will anyone get saved?  Plus it does say the dead in Christ will rise first, so I guess nobody knows!

For a LONG time I played the game of thinking the constellations are doing such and such on this date, this blood moon and that one, etc. and that somehow it's a barometer to see when Christ will return.  Could it be a warning? Sure.  But I don't buy into that anymore, we won't know until it happens and the Bible doesn't promise that we'll get raptured out of here before bad stuff starts to happen, it sounds just the opposite, that those who endure to the end shall be saved.
View Quote
Not to harp on you personally; there are so many wolves out there leading the sheep astray when it comes to end times prophecy (and I'm not calling you a wolf in any way). The blood moon and shemitah nonsense were an example of this, but we find truth on this in the word of God. 

You have to look at the context of, "Those who endure to the end..." is talking about those on the earth at that time of the tribulation in Matthew 24 (remember Matthew was written to Jews) , who will be saved physically and spiritually. This is consistent with the prophecy in Zechariah 13:7-14:5, where Jerusalem is attacked, 2/3 of Jews will die, but the remaining 1/3 will flee, then call on Christ, which prompts His return. Thus, those Jews that physically endure will be saved, both physically and spiritually. 

Also, there is FAR more evidence of a pre-trib rapture than a post-trib one in the types and shadows of the OT. And it isn't being raptured "before anything bad happens", it's about being raptured before the wraith of God happens (again, Lot and Noah). We may still face persecution, as many Christians are today in the middle east and in the courtroom. We also see other types presented in the OT, and this is a good teaching on just a couple of those. 

As far as how people may be saved during that time, our Bibles won't be raptured, nor those who knew the Gospel but didn't believe in Christ. Also, read Revelation 14:

6 "And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”  

Now this is speculation, but remember in the Greek and Hebrew, "angel" simply means "messenger" and not necessarily a heavenly one (i.e. cherubim and seraphim). I think that passage may be talking about a satellite ( a messenger flying in midheaven, i.e., space) that is broadcasting the Gospel. I wonder if some nutty pre-tribber has set up a dead-man's switch to go off and start broadcasting, lol. I mean, they have stocked places in the middle east, like Petra, with food, water, and Bibles for the Jews to have when they must escape Jerusalem according to Revelation 12:6 and Matthew 24:15-20. 

As for the star sign in the above post, the thing about this is that, unlike the blood moon crap, this is a very specific description in Revelation 12, and a truly unique occurrence astronomically. That said, the implications of the following verses in Revelation don't necessarily point to a rapture or return on that day, but may point to the start of events in end-time prophecy to show us that what is happening is part of God's plan "from the beginning". 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know when Jesus will return in all glory.  I just know that I need to work on being better at both embracing Him as my Savior and following him, today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top