Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2016 10:46:23 AM EDT
If the Lord God caused the Egyptians the plague of blood, frogs, gnats, flies, death of livestock, boils, hail, locusts, darkness and the death of every firstborn, you better believe I would be on my hands and knees fearing the Lord God, not Allah.  And if that's not enough, their military got swallowed up in the red sea while chasing the Israelites, the Apple of God's eye.  Yet today, the Egyptians don't believe in the Lord God.  That's just mind boggling.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:14:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Even the Jews that were brought out of Egypt forgot.  That's why they didn't make it to the promised land.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even the Jews that were brought out of Egypt forgot.  That's why they didn't make it to the promised land.
View Quote

The ones in the promised land eventually forgot and worshipped Baal. That's why they got a trip to Assyria and Babylon.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, people can have short memories.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Just as an aside, the Egyptians had a resurrection myth approximately 2300-2400 years earlier, but I guess theirs was bullshit.

(Osiris)
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just as an aside, the Egyptians had a resurrection myth approximately 2300-2400 years earlier, but I guess theirs was bullshit.

(Osiris)
View Quote

Plenty of historical beliefs had a concept of resurrection involved. That neither proves nor disproves anything. It's not a "first one gets dibs!" kind of thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't understand how any person is.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't understand how any person is.
View Quote

Not being condescending to them, but... I guess the threat of being stoned or decapitated is some incentive (for those born into a believing family/community).
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Egypt used to be Christian, until the Muslim invasion. I've read many places that the Coptic Orthodox are considered to be descendants of the original Egyptians.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
^^^^^ This ^^^^

Muslims are just running Christians outta town.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
The Egyptians of the Pharos's times were already gone.

Ez. 30:20 In the eleventh year, in the first month, on the seventh of the month, the word of the Lord came to me saying, 21 “Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, behold, it has not been bound up for healing or wrapped with a bandage, that it may be strong to hold the sword. 22 Therefore thus says the Lord God, ‘Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt and will break his arms, both the strong and the broken; and I will make the sword fall from his hand. 23 I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands. 24 For I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon and put My sword in his hand; and I will break the arms of Pharaoh, so that he will groan before him with the groanings of a wounded man. 25 Thus I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, but the arms of Pharaoh will fall. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I put My sword into the hand of the king of Babylon and he stretches it out against the land of Egypt. 26 When I scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands, then they will know that I am the Lord.’”
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 2:47:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If the Lord God caused the Egyptians the plague of blood, frogs, gnats, flies, death of livestock, boils, hail, locusts, darkness and the death of every firstborn, you better believe I would be on my hands and knees fearing the Lord God, not Allah.  And if that's not enough, their military got swallowed up in the red sea while chasing the Israelites, the Apple of God's eye.  Yet today, the Egyptians don't believe in the Lord God.  That's just mind boggling.
View Quote

The same story is in the Quran. Whether it was 'borrowed' or not they do believe in their Lord.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top