Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 1:09:11 AM EDT
So, I attend a mission.  Low expenses, as we're rent free, no building.  Two local churches, as well as the national denomination, have given us pledges of 2 years of money, and we've raised another year through donations.  Our only regular expenses are the band and the preacher.

Preacher is the youngish recent seminary grad who got this mission off the ground, helped raise the money from the national mission council, etc.  Well liked, well spoken, a bit liberal but doesn't bring too much politics to the pulpit.

Well, he got caught out over a temporary (very temporary) dalliance w/ a young lady, and so was forced to resign.  Bad for him, bad for us.  Fortunately, no one from the congregation.  He was out of town, got a little lonely, and it blew up in his face.

He's a smart kid, so he could go into the business world, I've tried to recruit him for the Army, so he's not w/o options.  Just sad to see, and the situation leaves a newish mission in a somewhat precarious state.

I've watched a Captain on active duty get a General Officer Memorandum Of Reprimand over a thin slip of a gal, and I know preachers are human.  It's just sad to see a bright fella who took on such responsibility trip over his own dick.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
We are all sinners. Every single one of us.

Hopefully he will learn from the experience, but I wouldn't be one of the folks with pitchforks after him...
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, I don't think anyone has pitchforks after him, other than perhaps the gal.  This particular denomination has a zero tolerance policy for such things.  It was just a kick in the gut - for him, for us, and for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top