Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2015 10:21:26 PM EDT
Are there?

I watch John Haller's Prophecy Update and I've watched some of the Fuel Project's videos. I'd like to find more videos along those lines. I'm having trouble sifting through all of the garbage. Are there any academic or at least informed people on youtube who explore Christian end times issues?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#1]
John Haller is the best. The other channel I watch is JD Farag and lately The Superior Word, which is more light-hearted. but yeah, most of the other channels are weird or downright unbiblical.

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
John Haller is the best. The other channel I watch is JD Farag's and lately The Superior Word, which is more light-hearted. but yeah, most of the other channels are weird or downright unbiblical.
View Quote

I'll check those channels out. I like John Haller a lot, but I think his videos focus on bringing people up to speed on current events with biblical analysis randomly thrown in. I wish he'd go more in-depth into scripture. You get glimpses of it but nothing significant.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah those things are taught separately. His channel is about how current events are leading us into those of scripture. Right now we are seeing the stage set but are not yet into the main event.

As far as learning eschatology, the best guys are Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Jacob Prasch, Ron Rhodes, David Hocking...speaking of which, here is a series on Revelation he did.

The big thing to understand is that it is not a linear fulfillment, but a pattern, or convergence, of events. Jacob Prasch, though he looks like he had a rough night, does a very good teaching on this concept and eschatology in general here.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I'll check those guys out too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Just remember not all of them agree on every little detail. Fruchtenbaum, Hocking and I think Rhodes are pre-trib rapture guys, Prasch is what is called "intra-seal rapture" I myself am "pan-trib" in that I don't think it matters what I think, the Lord will come when it is time, which will be when we least expect (Matthew 24:42-51).
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem. I mainly read history. I've started transitioning into the writings of Christian thinkers. I have no problem finding reputable scholarship both in print and on youtube for these subjects. When it comes to end times issues, everything seems to go off the rails. It's been hard finding a decent starting point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No problem. I mainly read history. I've started transitioning into the writings of Christian thinkers. I have no problem finding reputable scholarship both in print and on youtube for these subjects. When it comes to end times issues, everything seems to go off the rails. It's been hard finding a decent starting point.
View Quote

There is a lot of "newspaper exegesis", which is the bad practice of looking at Bible prophecy from the view of current events, instead of looking at current events from the perspective of the Bible. Also there is a lot of bad eschatology that was passed down through the centuries, starting mainly with Augustine. It wasn't a big deal back then but as things are starting to unfold it is now very important to have a solid foundation in understanding eschatology. The problem is most churches don't teach it, avoid it, or even discourage it. Then there's others that teach some weird stuff. Bottom line, know the scriptures and watch, which is where Haller, Farag and the other guy come in.

BTW as for Christian thinkers not related to eschatology, I found this vid pretty enlightening. I don't get into all the debates and positions anymore; doctrine is important, but theology doesn't save.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
For Prasch presentations, Hazel Allen's channel posted above is one of two I have bookmarked and check regularly. The other is Andrew R.

Dr. Walter Bramson's 40+ hours on Revelation is outstanding too (mp3 format). A word by word, verse by verse study. http://drwalterbramson.com/category/topics/rev/
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Going to post these, because it's becoming that important.

Link Posted: 1/7/2016 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is a lot of "newspaper exegesis", which is the bad practice of looking at Bible prophecy from the view of current events, instead of looking at current events from the perspective of the Bible. Also there is a lot of bad eschatology that was passed down through the centuries, starting mainly with Augustine. It wasn't a big deal back then but as things are starting to unfold it is now very important to have a solid foundation in understanding eschatology. The problem is most churches don't teach it, avoid it, or even discourage it. Then there's others that teach some weird stuff. Bottom line, know the scriptures and watch, which is where Haller, Farag and the other guy come in.

BTW as for Christian thinkers not related to eschatology, I found this vid pretty enlightening. I don't get into all the debates and positions anymore; doctrine is important, but theology doesn't save.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to derail the thread too much, but I watched that video and Jerry's argument seems a little unconvincing, especially when you look at the Greek. It seems the Arminians place predestination squarely on Augustine's shoulders, but I can't find strong evidence of error in any of Augustine's writings. Can you point me to where he erred?

Feel free to make another thread since these questions aren't related to my initial post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Busy week in the news.

Be ready.

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/24/2016 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#15]
This week's:

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#16]
OP, here's a pretty good overview of the basic Pre-Trib, Pre-Millennial position on eschatology:

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Whoops I skipped a week. Nonetheless:

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top