Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2015 7:03:00 PM EDT
Anybody use one of the plans?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a link? I have never heard of this & I work in Healthcare.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.chministries.org/

http://samaritanministries.org/

http://www.libertyhealthshare.org/

We'll see if these work.

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
In for the answers.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife ( sorry no pics) told me to retire and who am I to argue. Now she would like to but she has the health care. We would like to use one of these instead of Obamacare but we don't know anyone that has one of the plans.

Funny spell check says abominate for Obamacare
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd check it out, but do so carefully.

Ask around and ask how others have had their claims handled.

Good on you for wanting to do something radical like this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
we dumped our bcbs plan almost a year ago

premiums were going up another couple hundred bucks and it was just flat out unaffordable

i was paying over 25% of my take home pay in premiums alone

thought about just going uninsured -- we are healthy folk. no illnesses, no prescriptions, i havent been to a doc in years -- but knew with small kids and wanting to have another at some point that we better have something in place

had heard about christian based cost sharing options but had never really looked into them

we went with Christian Healthcare Ministries

you pay in a set amount each month into a "pool" which is then used to pay members claims

you are responsible for the first part of your claim depending on the plan you choose, like a deductible  - ours is $500 per incident

in most cases, any amount you can get the doctor/hospital to come down is applied toward your deductible

we had our first claim -- our youngest had to have tubes in his ears

we are going through the billing process right now, but have no reason to believe our cost wont be shared

the people at chm have been very polite and helpful throughout our sign up and this first incident

its been quite a relief to know that we have something in place in case something catastrophic were to happen, and that we are helping and being helped by people that practice healthy living, and IMO, do their best to pay their own way in life

these plans are approved under 0bammas care act - so no tax penalty

some internet comments state that some of these ministries require you to first apply for medicaid or other .gov assistance programs

we have not found that to be the case

lots of great FAQ's on the CHM site - we also requested a paper packet full of information before we signed up
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top