Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2015 2:28:11 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with this? Know more about it?

So basically Mary appears to only certain people on certain days of the month, like the second Monday?

Everyone else gathers around, looks, sees nothing, hears nothing, no video, no pictures, but Mary is there, delivering a message to that one person on that one particular day of the month?

I'm Catholic, God has send me messages, but he has never showed up in robe and said, "Hey bro, everything is gonna be alright, just keep prayin..."

Or maybe I'm going to hell, I dunno.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The Vatican is about to release the ruling of its investigation.

The apparitions have been controversial and are the longest running ever reported.

It is similar to  Garabandal. The blessed mother began appearing to children in Bosnia at Mejugorje. The apparitions began in 1981.
Pope Francis is prudently investigating and is cautious until the appropriate investigation can be completed. The Vatican hasn't discouraged personal consideration of the messages.  But the church will not speak or promote it.
The Church does recommend being cautious in these claims because of false profits. While St. Pope John Paul II, began the investigation he did not strictly prohibit pilgrimages .

The history of Popes in declaring apparitions true usually requires some direct message that only heaven would know. Literally in conjunction with miracles that science cannot explain. St. Bernadette (Lourdes), Sr. Lucia (Fatima) both of these things happened.  One of the things that weighs heavily in favor of Mejugorje is St. Padre Pio's revelation that the Blessed Mother would appear there and he sent one of his spiritual children there long before the apparitions began in anticipation.

There are 10 secrets the Blessed Mother has given the children of Mejugorie. The third is going to be a permanent sign that will be something the world has never seen before and will cause many conversion. The others will be revealed three day and the day before they happen. There have been warnings.
Mother Theresa also believed  Our Lady Queen of Peace was appearing there.
The thing we are always cautioned about is to remember that Mary the Mother of God is an advocate and she does not ever take the place of Christ or the Trinity and Our Lady certainly doesn't want that either.

ETA. Only you and God know if you are going to hell. Reconciliation is a pretty good thing.

You tube has some footage of the apparitions and there are numerous articles out there.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
[youtube] [https://video-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net[/youtube]

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
What Angelfire said.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]
It is my understanding that the Church is being particularly careful with this. I have seen videos online where a few priests have expressed doubts about the validity of claims. I do not know enough to comment on that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is my understanding that the Church is being particularly careful with this. I have seen videos online where a few priests have expressed doubts about the validity of claims. I do not know enough to comment on that.
View Quote

There has been back & forth over the years. The local Bishop was very against it. Similar to Fatima. With that said, Pope John Paul II somewhat endorsed it. But he didn't not want to step on the toes of the local Bishop. All visions & locutions require discernment by each of us. They are not required to believe in the Faith though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There has been back & forth over the years. The local Bishop was very against it. Similar to Fatima. With that said, Pope John Paul II somewhat endorsed it. But he didn't not want to step on the toes of the local Bishop. All visions & locutions require discernment by each of us. They are not required to believe in the Faith though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a bunch of issues too, including such things as scheduled times (which Pope Francis doesn't like), plus the Church typically doesn't decide on a visitation and such until after they stop.

I don't personally trust this one, but we'll see what the Vatican says.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There's a bunch of issues too, including such things as scheduled times (which Pope Francis doesn't like), plus the Church typically doesn't decide on a visitation and such until after they stop.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could you tell me why you don't trust it? I am undecided right now, but have found no reason to deny it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone familiar with this? Know more about it?

So basically Mary appears to only certain people on certain days of the month, like the second Monday?

Everyone else gathers around, looks, sees nothing, hears nothing, no video, no pictures, but Mary is there, delivering a message to that one person on that one particular day of the month?

I'm Catholic, God has send me messages, but he has never showed up in robe and said, "Hey bro, everything is gonna be alright, just keep prayin..."

Or maybe I'm going to hell, I dunno.
View Quote

If you want to learn about Marian apparitions, I'd stick to Fatima until such time as the Church rules on Medugorje

This was a good read
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top