Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2015 9:56:03 AM EDT
Old friend of mine, masqueraded as a hardcore atheist for a while, now has a giant baphomet tattoo on his abdomen, so clearly, it's more than just an unbelief in God, how would you guys go about talking to someone like this?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Try asking them about it...
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

To be one ask one? What're you saying here?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't force anything. Pray for him & Trust in God. Some things are best left to the Mighty One.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Old friend of mine, masqueraded as a hardcore atheist for a while, now has a giant baphomet tattoo on his abdomen, so clearly, it's more than just an unbelief in God, how would you guys go about talking to someone like this?
View Quote

Get a new friend and have nothing more to do with this God hating Satan-Lover!  
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, probably not a good idea to hang out with people would worship Satan. It's like hanging out with a Redskin or Eagles fan, nothing good can come from it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds very Christian.

Again, you don't have to hang out with him. But pray for his soul.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Exactly, probably not a good idea to hang out with people would worship Satan. It's like hanging out with a Redskin or Eagles fan, nothing good can come from it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can see the relation to Redskins fans, but Eagles fans?  That's uncalled for.  You should probably apologize to satan.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
oc·cult
?'k?lt/
noun
noun: occult; plural noun: occults

supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.

I'm not sure occult is the word you're looking for.  It describes nearly every religion, and many other wacky things.

It's one of those words that is widely misunderstood.

But to answer your question, much like you can't teach someone that isn't willing to learn, you also can't preach to someone that isn't willing to listen.

My advice would be to make it clear that you're willing to discuss the topic, seed it a bit, and let him come to you if he chooses to.

Having it forced down my throat from all angles is one of the things that turned me away from organized religion.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Don't force anything. Pray for him & Trust in God. Some things are best left to the Mighty One.
View Quote
This.

I have lived next door to wickens for the last 15 years. When she first moved in she literally came to my front door and asked me to remove the statue of the Blessed Mother from my front yard because she found it offensive.

I told her when she paid my mortgage she could tell me what to put in my front yard.

She spent several nights in her front yard putting curses on us.

She is a crack addict and has 4 kids by 4 different guys and all have been taken away from her. She and her brother mooch of their elderly mom. Its terrible.  They put the 2 and 18 month old outside in cold rain with no coat or shoes.

There is usually some sort of weird crap in the background of someone who believes like this. I have found it best to pray hard for them.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds very Christian.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds very Christian.

I investigated some Satanists as a police detective.  They have to commit the "UNPARDONABLE SIN" as part of their initiation rites so nothing can save them.  They are forever doomed, like Judas was.  Have nothing to do with them.  They are toxic.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
oc·cult
?'k?lt/
noun
noun: occult; plural noun: occults

supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena.

I'm not sure occult is the word you're looking for.  It describes nearly every religion, and many other wacky things.

It's one of those words that is widely misunderstood.

But to answer your question, much like you can't teach someone that isn't willing to learn, you also can't preach to someone that isn't willing to listen.

My advice would be to make it clear that you're willing to discuss the topic, seed it a bit, and let him come to you if he chooses to.

Having it forced down my throat from all angles is one of the things that turned me away from organized religion.
View Quote

I'm sure he'd say the last sentence, though he proselytizes harder (against Christianity) than I ever have in favor of it.

When I say occult, I think a lot of people understand what I mean. Crowley, various esoteric orders.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:44:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Might want to do some learning first.

Baphomet (/'bæf?m?t/; from Medieval Latin Baphometh, Baffometi, Occitan Bafometz) is a term originally used to describe an idol or other deity that the Knights Templar were accused of worshiping, and that subsequently was incorporated into disparate occult and mystical traditions. It appeared as a term for a pagan idol in trial transcripts of the Inquisition of the Knights Templar in the early 14th century.[1] The name first came into popular English usage in the 19th century, with debate and speculation on the reasons for the suppression of the Templars.[2]

Since 1856, the name Baphomet has been associated with a "Sabbatic Goat" image drawn by Eliphas Levi[3] which contains binary elements representing the "sum total of the universe" (e.g. male and female, good and evil, etc.)
View Quote

“The name of the Templar Baphomet, which should be spelt kabalistically backwards, is composed of three abbreviations: Tem. ohp. AB., Templi omnium hominum pacts abbas, “the father of the temple of peace of all men”. [1. Eliphas Levi, Dogmes et Rituels de la Haute Magie]
View Quote

“The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light, his two hands forming the sign of Hermeticism, the one pointing up to the white moon of Chesed, the other pointing down to the black one of Geburah. This sign expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice. His one arm is female, the other male like the ones of the androgyn of Khunrath, the attributes of which we had to unite with those of our goat because he is one and the same symbol. The flame of intelligence shining between his horns is the magic light of the universal balance, the image of the soul elevated above matter, as the flame, whilst being tied to matter, shines above it. The ugly beast’s head expresses the horror of the sinner, whose materially acting, solely responsible part has to bear the punishment exclusively; because the soul is insensitive according to its nature and can only suffer when it materializes. The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life, the body covered with scales the water, the semi-circle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgyn arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences.” [3. Eliphas Levi, Dogme et Rituel de la Haute Magie]
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Just love them. From a distance if you need to, closer if you can and want. I don't think anyone wants to be witnessed to except other Christians. Would you want him to witness to you?

Seems like the first step to accepting Jesus would be to reject whatever brand of devilishness he's into. So maybe light debunking might help after you figure out what the heck he's into.

It's entirely possible he's still an atheist and just thinks the Sigil makes a pretty tattoo. Same as some people put Hindu or Buddhist or Native stuff on themselves.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Pray for him, but be mindful of how much contact you have with him.

Be very careful, because when we try to open a dialogue with darkness, sometimes the darkness will find a way in.

If you must interact with him, be polite and kind, but refute the lifestyle he has chosen.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I look to the parable of the sower.  It's your job to plant the seed.  It's God's job to make it grow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Break out some Slayer and go with it
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I investigated some Satanists as a police detective.  They have to commit the "UNPARDONABLE SIN" as part of their initiation rites so nothing can save them.  They are forever doomed, like Judas was.  Have nothing to do with them.  They are toxic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds very Christian.

Was that during the satanic panic?

Op have you actually asked him about it? What if he just thought it was a cool design and doesn't actually believe in it? People get all kinds of stupid tattoos for stupid reasons.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Op have you actually asked him about it? What if he just thought it was a cool design and doesn't actually believe in it? People get all kinds of stupid tattoos for stupid reasons.
View Quote

This is a good point.  Might want to find out if he even knows what his tattoo is before taking any actions.  

Or it may be that he got that design on purpose, but that to him it's a completely different meaning than what you may think it is. I mention this because there are some religious symbols that have different meanings depending on which faith you belong to.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is actually the best advice in the thread.

Ask him to explain his beliefs, and then shut up while he talks.  Maybe probe areas you don't understand but don't argue with him.

It buys you the credibility you need to explain what you believe.

I've had some pretty hard core non believers ask me to explain Christianity to them because I was willing to listen to them first.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd talk about sin and ask them to pray for me.  If you approach him because his beliefs are stupid instead of what is at stake, you will have a hard time being earnest.  So keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Heaven is full of many people who followed the devil for years before they turned to Jesus.

Tattoo's don't mean a man cant change his ways.    

To win any battle you must know what your up against first and then arm yourself for the fight.

Always ask questions and gather Intel.  

If they worship the devil they already know there is a supernatural power and that is half the battle we fight today.
Most will deny any form of a higher power being.

The Lord longs to save souls who have been to the dark side because
he knows they can shine the brightest when they turn to him.

Only they heard that he who once persecuted the Way is now preaching Jesus.....................Paul
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not really what the Gospel teaches.  All of us were God-haters before we were redeemed.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Does it look like this?eeee

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This.
I have lived next door to wickens for the last 15 years. When she first moved in she literally came to my front door and asked me to remove the statue of the Blessed Mother from my front yard because she found it offensive.

I told her when she paid my mortgage she could tell me what to put in my front yard.

She is a crack addict and has 4 kids by 4 different guys and all have been taken away from her. She and her brother mooch of their elderly mom. Its terrible.  They put the 2 and 18 month old outside in cold rain with no coat or shoes.

There is usually some sort of weird crap in the background of someone who believes like this. I have found it best to pray hard for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

All i can say is that if she is claiming to be Wiccan, she isn't following the tenets of her own faith. At all.

As to OP's question, i agree with those that say ask polite questions and listen to the answers. A calm dialogue between friends can open someone to a perspective they hadn't previously considered, as well as cause you to examine and better understand your own faith. It's also far more effective than putting someone on the defensive.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Not everyone will accept enlightenment. I have a atheist friend who's also a libtard.

I mostly hang out with him to watch free UFC fights at his house
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Look up russ dizdar for help
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Prayer & fasting.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Remember, a satanist/occultist, believes in God.

They just do not believe God is who we believe He is.

Also through general revelation God reveals himself to all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top