Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 12:26:40 PM EDT
Just wondering.  Was the decision about gay marriage mentioned by your pastor or priest today in the service?  At the church I attended it was.  I was glad to hear it too.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No ,,   there was talk about locking the doors only from entering  at five minutes of,,,   and metal detectors...                so it's come down to this...........  

I could of never guessed  how far the media has caused   a panic.........    this County has never been safer.      look at the FBI   records....
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Tap danced around the Supreme Court rulings, but did not offer an opinion one way or another.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Preacher didn't tap dance where I was.  Said we were supposed to be a Republic, explained what that was, and said our rights were trampled by the Gov with an agenda.  Said what he said was probably gonna be considered hates speech.  Said God defined marriage and no man can change the definition.  Didn't say a thing about disliking gay people etc.  Said it was about to get tough for Christians who defend their faith.  Then he gave the sermon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Not during sermon or announcements up, but my priest did email out the pastoral letter from our bishop (I'm Orthodox) and our national church in response to the ruling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not during sermon or announcements up, but my priest did email out the pastoral letter from our bishop (I'm Orthodox) and our national church in response to the ruling.
View Quote

Any idea as to the content of that letter?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Preacher didn't tap dance where I was.  Said we were supposed to be a Republic, explained what that was, and said our rights were trampled by the Gov with an agenda.  Said what he said was probably gonna be considered hates speech.  Said God defined marriage and no man can change the definition.  Didn't say a thing about disliking gay people etc.  Said it was about to get tough for Christians who defend their faith.  Then he gave the sermon.
View Quote

I like it!
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, confirmed our church doctrine and mission statement falls in line with what the word of god is and what is stated in the bible.  Confirmed that no man will ever change this and as long as he was pastor of our church this will be the law he follows.  He received lots of applause several different times during the five minutes or so he spent discussing Friday's ruling.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep.
Man turns from God.
Man makes laws without God as the foundation.
And here we are.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Pastor went over the published decision we made a few years back regarding gay marriage and other sexual sins.

Church was packed this morning which really surprised me.  If the court can get people into church like this, amen to that, hopefully they will repent of their own sins and accept Jesus.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's posted in the thread here in religion titled From Archdiocese of Pittsburgh.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes he mentioned it. It went something along the lines of "This book (Bible) and what it says is the way I choose to live my life." There was a bit more, but he was essentially preaching the "hate the sin, love the sinner" line.
God Bless.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.

He went out of his way to reference the decision and said it may be a very trying time for the people that follow God's word
Our pastor does not get very political from the pulpit but there is no doubt where he stands and he is not shy about preaching against sin.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pastor went over the published decision we made a few years back regarding gay marriage and other sexual sins.

Church was packed this morning which really surprised me.  If the court can get people into church like this, amen to that, hopefully they will repent of their own sins and accept Jesus.
View Quote

Where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Not mentioned in the homily.

In the after mass announcements, the priest mentioned that there was a joint statement from the two RC bishops of Virginia (Arlington and Richmond dioceses) in our bulletin.  Our priest also promised that he would preach on the topic in the future, but that he was not sure that last Sunday was the right time to do so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top