Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2015 6:54:41 AM EDT
There are some teachers that have rather large followings which have adopted this idea of "dual covenant".  Im not going to name names but im sure some of you know the names of some that have gone this route.
I dont know how people can sit an listen to these people for more than a few sermons before realizing they are saying things that contradict what the Bible says.
Dual Covenant Theology

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't seem to sqaure with what is written in Gallatians:

I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of it.  I would say that if a Jew could go his whole life, never sinning, never even once breaking a law, not even being born into original sin, He would be righteous and go to Heaven.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Catholic perspective is that all salvation comes through Christ, because Christ opened the gates to heaven for all people.  We believe that the normal path thought those gates is through belief and faith in Christ, but God's mercy could allow other paths through the Gates that Christ opened - it is not up to us to limit God's mercy.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the Catholic perspective is that all salvation comes through Christ, because Christ opened the gates to heaven for all people.  We believe that the normal path thought those gates is through belief and faith in Christ, but God's mercy could allow other paths through the Gates that Christ opened - it is not up to us to limit God's mercy.

View Quote

This. But I would add, we don't know if they have a change after they leave this world. They will meet Jesus either way & there is know end to His Divine Mercy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Christ's own words on the subject are good enough for me:

John 10:9

"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture."

John 10:1

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It isn't up to us...but there are also verses that say things like " the path is narrow" which would be a good case against universalism.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I tend to think that Paul's statements about "to the Jews and also to the Greek", and his essay about Abraham's faith, means both are under the same rule...faith.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus's last words concerning Israel

Matthew 23:37-39 NKJV “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top