Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they do.

I've not seen one myself, but they happen.

Perhaps one day the Lord will bless me by allowing me to witness one myself....
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
When my MIL was dying, and my wife was looking to stop dialysis (story here), we spoke to a liaison of one of the hospices on the GA coast. A woman who was a nurse and had been in the system for years, who was bluntly honest about how the hospice system worked, faults and all. During the conversation, she told us something she had seen:

A young woman in her early 30's had been a diabetic her whole life. IIRC, she had a donor kidney that was starting to shutdown, as they eventually do, and she was on dialysis everyday. This woman had a 10 year old daughter, who she could not have any real relationship with because dialysis wipes a person out, and they sleep afterwards. Eventually the woman decided enough was enough, she was tired of not ever spending time with her family, that she would rather have a few good days to love her little girl than spend no time with her in a vain attempt to prolong the inevitable. So the mother elected to stop dialysis and put it in God's hands.

She went into hospice home care. Now a person who has stopped dialysis that needs it every few days, takes no more than 10 days to fall asleep and slip away as the toxins build in their system. My 66 year old MIL who was on it 3 times a week for a couple years, took about 3 days to pass. So this woman, no longer physically drained from dialysis, spent all her time playing with her daughter, doing projects, loving and enjoying her until the toxins in her system built up and she would sleep more and more until she stopped waking up, which again, should only take a few days for someone as severe as her. God gave her 30 days. On the last day, she went to bed with her husband, told him that this was it. The next morning he awoke and she had passed.

The miracle according to this veteran nurse is that someone as severe as her should not have lasted nearly that long, considering her numbers were such that it required daily dialysis.

(Some reading this may wonder to themselves how a merciful God could let any of it happen at all. The best answer I can give is that we as human beings don't always see the big picture. What does God have planned for that little girl's life? Would it have been best accomplished in another scenario? We can't reasonably answer that. What most forget is that death is not the end, and pain is temporary - although renal failure is one of the best ways to go comfort-wise. God may have it planned to ensure that both mother and daughter will see each other again. The whole experience seeing my MIL die has taught me that the Holy Spirit doesn't screw around when it comes to live and death. All the other silly stuff we worry about in our lives pales in comparison to death - and God is there at that moment)

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes.

I am a recipient.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.

I am a recipient.

View Quote

Care to share?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I died in 1975

my wife was told she had a tumor and would not be able to have a child in 1982, she had xrays and IMR to prove it, she was scheduled for a second opinion. unbeknownst to us a visiting minister with the gift of healing was scheduled to preach at the little church we attended, just 2 days before her appointment. the pastor while preaching stopped and started calling out people and their illnesses, while he stood over 50 feet away from my wife he called out our exact medical condition and that God was going to heal her, she went limp and collapsed hitting her head on the pew and landing on the floor. I was locked in the sound booth some 150 feet away so I could not help her but some people around did. I was both worried and amazed as no one at that church really knew us, other then the music minister and the pastor and neither of us had spoken to anyone about my wife's condition. on tuesday the doctor that examined my wife said their must be a mistake as there was no tumor, he even called the first doctor and sent a  nurse to get the Xrays. He called it a miracle

may 7 1983 our daughter was born
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Care to share?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
I am a recipient.

Care to share?

He saved me when I was hit by a car on the interstate.  I was changing a flat, talking to the person in car behind mine on the shoulder who brought me a jack. Lady in another car doing 60-70-80 mph, who knows, plowed into the car because she was passing on the shoulder and then that car hit me sending me flying.

Easiest way to describe it is he turned my body into one like Superman. Thrown through the air 15-20 feet. Crushed in a 80's model truck pickup tailgate,  my body smashed it in, and then I fell to the highway and rolled out into traffic.

When my body stopped and I opened my eyes, I called out to God to not let me be hurt or paralyzed.

I got up. Not a single bruise, scratch, or cut. The people on the interstate got out of their cars. Traffic was shut down. All three cars were totaled. I can only imagine what they were thinking.

He saved me that day. No doubt.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a miracle as well.

Car accident that should have killed me and my kids.

In fact if it were not for divine intervention on all counts I would be lost or dead.

I think I have been granted many miracles.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1718609_The_miracles_of_Jesus.html

They happen all the time. Unfortunately my thread got locked.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Many years ago I worked part time for USPS to put myself through college. One morning I was emptying the drive-by collection box at the edge of the customer parking lot w/my back to the parking lot when I caught a flash of movement out of the corner of my eye. Next thing I know I'm 10+ feet away on the grass and heard a loud crash.
Turns out a kid disengaged the parking brake on his mom's car and it rolled backwards down the slight incline and directly into the collection box, destroying it. With the door down, if I'd still been standing there when the car hit it would have amputated both my legs just below the knees.
I don't think it's physically possible for me to have instinctively thrown myself as far as I went in that short a period of time based solely on a flash of movement seen out of the corner of my eye.
Recipient of a miracle? I believe so...
Tomac
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes they do. A good example of this is Lourdes, France. An Atheist author, Emile Zola, visited Lourdes to debunk it, witnessed three people miraculously healed, and then lied in his book that these people died shortly after when in reality they did not. Miracles are real, but some people will never believe in them even if they see them.

http://www.crisismagazine.com/1989/belief-and-unbelief-i-emile-zola-at-lourdes

God has worked miracles in my own life. These aren't the kind that can be scientifically validated, but they are miracles nonetheless.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Ever noticed how when something good happens it is the will of God but if something bad happens it's not the will of God.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ever noticed how when something good happens it is the will of God but if something bad happens it's not the will of God.
View Quote

I can understand how you could make this observation based on some cursory exposure to Christian piety.  I would encourage you to dig a little deeper and educate yourself on some of the well developed Christian thought on this concept of the will of God.

Aquinas is a good primer: http://www.newadvent.org/summa/1019.htm
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#13]
More time than I can count for me personally and it still took a NDE to completely tern my life over to him.
I see them all the time it is typically labeled misdiagnoses in the medical community....
I love it when terminal cancer confirmed by 2 or more MDs disappear and it is always a misdiagnosis couldn't be God.
I could share allot more but hate typing.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:25:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really.

one is a blessing. The other, even in its darkest, is an opportunity for those who serve God to demonstrate their love.

9/11 was inexplicably evil, and not God's doing. Still, He gives us free will and we live with the consequences. In the meantime, how many stories of heroism, selflessness, sacrifice, and duty emerged from the ashes?

I have lived long enough and been through enough to now know that even when God allows "bad" things to happen to me, it is because I deserve them OR because I NEED them to happen. He has been phenomenally patient with me, for which I am unconditionally grateful. Even the really bad things that have happened to me have turned out to be blessings in the long run, and I am a better person for them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I can understand how you could make this observation based on some cursory exposure to Christian piety.  I would encourage you to dig a little deeper and educate yourself on some of the well developed Christian thought on this concept of the will of God.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't suppose that his works are available as a PDF somewhere? I've not had much luck.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't suppose that his works are available as a PDF somewhere? I've not had much luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are wanting PDFs for offline viewing, there are ebook and text files available free from project Gutenberg. I think CCEL might have downloads as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not really.

one is a blessing. The other, even in its darkest, is an opportunity for those who serve God to demonstrate their love.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

Sorry, Zaphod (I actually think you were saying it) but they are BOTH blessings.

I have seen death, in my job, for the last 20 yrs. You would be amazed at how a family can take the death of a family member & turn it into a Faith so beautiful it is blinding. But, like you said, the free will takes it somewhere else. Occasionally.

Yes, I have lived miracles. They are everywhere. I think that without Faith though, the Veil is thickened & you can not see it for what it is. Also, there are times that God requires your journey to the realization, that what you saw or experienced, was a miracle.

But, many miracles are documented. Read about Fatima or Garabandal. These are Gifts from God. Or even, the Aparition in Cairo. There are pictures & videos of Garabandal & Cairo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#18]
You are correct.

Blessings often come in strange (to us) wrappers. It's not until later we realize what they were.

If it happens enough or if you grow enough, you eventually start recognizing these blessings sooner and sooner.

Believe me, some of the blessings I've gotten have had some AMAZING camo wrapped around them, and have not yet been fully revealed...
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you are wanting PDFs for offline viewing, there are ebook and text files available free from project Gutenberg. I think CCEL might have downloads as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forgot all about Guttenberg.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You are correct.

Blessings often come in strange (to us) wrappers. It's not until later we realize what they were.

If it happens enough or if you grow enough, you eventually start recognizing these blessings sooner and sooner.

Believe me, some of the blessings I've gotten have had some AMAZING camo wrapped around them, and have not yet been fully revealed...
View Quote

LOL... When I ask for a sign, I tell Him to hit me in the head with it. Because I'm pretty dense..... HE USUALLY uses a 2x4 to head
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Do you consider this a miracle, or simply an answered prayer?

I'm a cop, and about 3 years ago, I was pretty much fed up with this career.  Basically, the job had completely worn me down.  I moved halfway across the state of Ohio for this job, and was really starting to regret it.  I took this job to do God's work, but it seemed like I was just getting crapped on by everyone I tried to help.

One night, I was looking for a wanted subject.  It was like 35 degrees, and pouring down rain.  I figured, "This guy's not going to be out walking around in this".  So, I pulled into the parking lot of a church and just watched the traffic go by.  I really started to wonder why I'd take this job.  I remember praying and asking God why He'd brought me to this place.  Was I really supposed to spend the rest of my life risking everything to help people who didn't care?  Would it be too much for someone to say "thank you" to me every once in awhile?

While I was sitting there in the parking lot, an aggravated robbery came out practically right down the street from me.   A furniture store was being robbed at gun point, and the manager was in the back room watching his employee get robbed on the security camera.  So, I get there in pretty good time, and arrest the guy as he's attempting to get away in the parking lot.

The guy has a Hi-Point, doo rag, gloves, and the stolen money in his pockets.  The store clerks are the most appreciative people I've ever seen.  They thanked me for getting the guy, and thanked God that I was there to arrest the guy.  What really got me-  They said they usually aren't open this late.  Because it was tax refund season they keep the store open later.  When the suspect was interviewed by the detectives, he not only admitted to this one, but 2 other aggravated robberies.  The media was there filming, I got a written commendation and a departmental citation, all that.  Most importantly, it completely changed my view of my job.

I guess it's not a miracle like the Red Sea parting, but doesn't it seem kinda strange...that when I'm feeling rock bottom in my career, pulled over in a church parking lot, asking why God put me in this place, I just happened to be right down the street to be in the right place to arrest a serial robber?  There I was complaining that no one ever thanked me, and 30 minutes later these guys were thanking me so much I was starting to get embarrassed!   Maybe it was one of those incidents where you really had to be there to appreciate it, but I don't believe in coincidences.  So if the question is whether God still acts in ways there are unexplainable...I say yes.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you consider this a miracle, or simply an answered prayer?

I'm a cop, and about 3 years ago, I was pretty much fed up with this career.  Basically, the job had completely worn me down.  I moved halfway across the state of Ohio for this job, and was really starting to regret it.  I took this job to do God's work, but it seemed like I was just getting crapped on by everyone I tried to help.

One night, I was looking for a wanted subject.  It was like 35 degrees, and pouring down rain.  I figured, "This guy's not going to be out walking around in this".  So, I pulled into the parking lot of a church and just watched the traffic go by.  I really started to wonder why I'd take this job.  I remember praying and asking God why He'd brought me to this place.  Was I really supposed to spend the rest of my life risking everything to help people who didn't care?  Would it be too much for someone to say "thank you" to me every once in awhile?

While I was sitting there in the parking lot, an aggravated robbery came out practically right down the street from me.   A furniture store was being robbed at gun point, and the manager was in the back room watching his employee get robbed on the security camera.  So, I get there in pretty good time, and arrest the guy as he's attempting to get away in the parking lot.

The guy has a Hi-Point, doo rag, gloves, and the stolen money in his pockets.  The store clerks are the most appreciative people I've ever seen.  They thanked me for getting the guy, and thanked God that I was there to arrest the guy.  What really got me-  They said they usually aren't open this late.  Because it was tax refund season they keep the store open later.  When the suspect was interviewed by the detectives, he not only admitted to this one, but 2 other aggravated robberies.  The media was there filming, I got a written commendation and a departmental citation, all that.  Most importantly, it completely changed my view of my job.

I guess it's not a miracle like the Red Sea parting, but doesn't it seem kinda strange...that when I'm feeling rock bottom in my career, pulled over in a church parking lot, asking why God put me in this place, I just happened to be right down the street to be in the right place to arrest a serial robber?  There I was complaining that no one ever thanked me, and 30 minutes later these guys were thanking me so much I was starting to get embarrassed!   Maybe it was one of those incidents where you really had to be there to appreciate it, but I don't believe in coincidences.  So if the question is whether God still acts in ways there are unexplainable...I say yes.

View Quote

Yes, it's a miracle. Actually, even more it is a visceral answer to your prayer. You would be surprised how many don't have the Grace to even see these Gifts.

I'm in EMS, so people like to see me. But they still crap on you. God Bless you. Cops have it tough sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I recently met someone who was deaf and went to one of those healings and tells me that one week~ later she woke up and could hear.
I think the fact that I met her is a miracle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#24]
The mother of a very good friend of mine was diagnosed with advanced and aggressive breast cancer in the 80s.  While the family was evangelical and devout, the mother didn't really believe in faith healers, but her daughter, my friend's half-sister insisted on dragging my friend's mom to a gathering where a well known faith healer of the day was having a ... whatever you call it.

The two of them sat through most of the gathering, with my friend's mom rolling her eyes as the faith healer touched people on the forehead and yelled "be healed" or similar exhortations.  As the show began to wind down, the healer/minister called for more to come forward, but my friend's mom didn't want to go.  After a few more, the healer closed his eyes and said "there is a woman here in the audience who doesn't want to come forward.  She is here with a family member and has cancer.  God wants her to be healed".

My friend's half sister excitedly turned toward her mother in the next seat.  Mom's eyes were rolled back in her head with only the whites showing.  The daughter said that her mom's skin was painfully hot to the touch.  Mom was drooling and moaned softly.  Daughter started to get worried, but mom groggily came out of her stupor and asked her daughter what happened to her.  Mom wasn't sure what to believe, but at her next appointment with the doctor a few days later, there was no longer any sign of cancer in her body.

FWIW, I've long been a skeptic regarding faith healers.  This isn't some repeated rumor.  My friend whose mother was healed and whose half-sister witnessed the event is a close friend.  I am godfather to her second daughter and I was my friend's sponsor when she was confirmed as a Catholic.  Both she and her husband are friends and USNA classmates of mine.  Her mom, who I have met, passed away, from cancer, a few years ago, but more than 20 years after the healing.

So, yes I believe miracles happen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#26]
That is miraculous.

When house burnt the fire destroyed everything. The room where the fire started in between the walls had a cross hanging on it.

The cross and the wall behind it were untouched.

The fire department walked out with and were shocked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just had one happen in my family last week.  

SIL was diagnosed with stage IIIc Malignant Melanoma 3 years ago.  Got into a drug trial 16 months ago.  All has been going well, went for a treatment and quarterly pet scan last week.  They found a golf ball sized tumor in her lower intestine.  Second scan confirmed.  They checked the previous scan from January and as it turns out, they missed the tumor as it was smaller then.  

Oncologist decided to operate immediately.  My brother was in San Francisco on business and had to catch a redeye flight back to FL.  

The entire family prayed as well as many friends in people in the community.  My older brother is a minister and anointed her with oil, prayed over her and claimed victory over the cancer.  Early that morning I was praying for her and had a vision where I was in the hospital looking for her.  I was in a hospital room and approached a bed, the person their was covered with a sheet and had passed away.  The same for the person in the next bed.  I asked where my sister in law was and a gentle voice said clearly, "why are you looking here, she is among the living" which is coincidentally what the angel of God said to Mary and Mary Magdeline when they went to the tomb to find Jesus.  

The surgery was scheduled for 5 pm last friday.  They took another scan prior to the surgery and the tumor was clearly there.  Once in the OR, my brother took his son and daughter to a restaurant to get something to eat as the surgery was scheduled to last 3 to 4 hours.  After an hour and a half the surgeon called my brother and said "I don't know how to tell you this…"  My brother though the worst had happened.  The surgeon stated that he searched all 26 feet of her lower investing.  No tumor.  He searched again, no tumor.  Stumped, he called in another surgeon who searched 3 times and no tumor.  

Say what you want, that is a miracle.
View Quote

Praise God!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top