Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 12:35:42 PM EDT
My wife of 26 years is Seventh Day adventist (SDA). (No pics- don't ask)  I was not practicing anything when we met although I was raised a Southern Baptist.  Could care less.   But something finally gave in and in 99 I became SDA.   Now I may not be the best SDA, but I believe.  I have read Notradomus, Ellen G. White, the Great Controversy, and of course Revelations.  Pretty much all of them talk about the end times and the anti christ.  The Lord also said in Revelations he would give us some signs but WOULD NOT tell us exactly when.  My wife believes we are seeing the End Times and that obama is the Anti Christ.  

My slant:

I told my wife I suspect in WWII when Hitler invaded Europe those people thought he was the anti christ and that was the end times.  At first I didn't think we are there yet, that we have a little father to go, sign(s) wise.  

Now I look around, watch the world evolve, wars and rumors of wars, famine, aids, ebola you name it.  

My rant ?

Obama is the anti Christ.  Every day he is proving it to be true.  

Thoughts ?

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not found in scripture where we are told to discover who the antichrist is.  I really don't see the use in it either.  If you follow Christ, you are in good hands.  God has his plan, and I'm not in position to change it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
There's very little doubt that the season you are talking about is getting closer.  The question is "What's left on the prophetic calendar before the Rapture?"

As for who the anti-Christ is, there have been many anti-Christs throughout the ages, no question that Obama is one.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I respectfully submit...

1) There will be no such thing as a pre-tribulation Rapture. That's not what's in Scripture.

2) No one knows the day nor the hour, save the Father. As such, I doubt Satan has an anti-Christ running around in preparation for a date he doesn't know, either.

3) Obama may be AN anti-Christ, but he's not THE anti-Christ. See #2 above. Frankly, my description of him needs to stay in GD...
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh..I agree with #1 and #3.
I said in another thread, since satan doesn't know the time he has had to have someone in place to fill the role since Christ was Crucified. As for the pre trib rapture..until the 1800s ...really the early 1900s, no one had heard of it.  Darby and Schofield brought that to us.  And it has been proliferated by the people who want the easy way out.  It's just not there in Scripture, in fact, the opposite is there. Sorry to go off on a tangent OP.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I respectfully submit...

1) There will be no such thing as a pre-tribulation Rapture. That's not what's in Scripture.

2) No one knows the day nor the hour, save the Father. As such, I doubt Satan has an anti-Christ running around in preparation for a date he doesn't know, either.

3) Obama may be AN anti-Christ, but he's not THE anti-Christ. See #2 above. Frankly, my description of him needs to stay in GD...
View Quote

You have a description of him in GD ?  Thread link ?  Would love to read it.  

Nevermind, got it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I respectfully submit...

Oh, I'm not alluding to a single time. More of a pattern.

It's just not something I believe would be appropriate for me to repeat in this sub-forum, out of respect for the norms that are expected here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I respectfully submit...

View Quote

That's a topic for another thread.  There's quite a bit of discussion with valid points on both sides.  And it's all well above my pay grade.  I'm just a guy who pulls weeds in a small garden*, and even that menial work strains my capacity.

* I have no link to an explanation of the analogy, sorry.  Hopefully you've read it for your self and know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree separate thread needs to start to go down that rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I would not be surprised with the way he is treating Israel. It's not something I am dogmatic about, but I often think of WWII as Satan's attempt to start armageddon early. It was not in God's timing, but actually paved the way for certain milestones to take place (the rebirth of Israel) so that all prophecy would be fulfilled. I could be completely wrong, just sort of the way I think about it.

There are definitely a lot of signs, and certain technological elements are now in place that weren't in the 1940s that would further allow the fulfillment of prophecy in painstaking detail. One of those being the whole world seeing the destruction of Babylon. It would be on televisions and social media across the world within seconds. Maybe it'll happen next week, maybe next century, but we are getting closer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top