Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2015 11:00:46 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to AR15.com and I just discovered this general discussion forum as well as this religion based board.  I saw someone posted a video called did science kill religion not sure if they were trying to discredit religion based on modern day scientific advances or not. But, I'm here to share this video with all who are interested.

It is 3 hours long however if you begin to watch it, you will probably be compelled to watch the entire thing.

It tackles the creationist theory from a scientific perspective and actually proves the book of Genesis to be true.  As well as the fact that the earth is fairly new, the dinosaurs didn't live millions of years ago, and oil doesn't take millions of years to produce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMA41EVDhqw&index=3&list=WL

Also, I wanted to say that I'm happy that there are other fans of the black rifle out there that are into religion.  God bless!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I mean if you want to rationalize things, the Bible can mean literally anything. In my view, it's either literal or it can mean anything, and thus nothing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying to gut out the Kent Hovind in the hope he gets to something good.

Judging from the "Free Kent Hovind" comment I doubt it's worth watching for three hours.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I mean if you want to rationalize things, the Bible can mean literally anything. In my view, it's either literal or it can mean anything, and thus nothing.
View Quote

I mean if you want to rationalize things, around 75% of the Bible was prophetic when it was written and it is after the fact that we see that the things foretold in the bible came to fruition.  Sure there was some allegory told however the book of revelations is coming true before our very eyes.  If you want to believe it means nothing, that's on you bro.  God Bless!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Judging from the "Free Kent Hovind" comment I doubt it's worth watching for three hours.
View Quote

What do you have against Kent Hovind?  Even if you are the worst of Bible bashers you could have surely sat through his speech, scoffed in your head at everything he said mentioning the bible...then realized that he had some good points regarding what he said about measuring the distance to the stars, the speed of light, etc.

God Bless you sir, hope you find God...also Free Kent Hovind.  He's a good man who is currently in jail on some bullshit offenses.  Surely you could understand that considering that you are a firearms enthusiast and all. Obviously there has been some unnecessary persecution of the firearms community as of late.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you have against Kent Hovind?  Even if you are the worst of Bible bashers you could have surely sat through his speech, scoffed in your head at everything he said mentioning the bible...then realized that he had some good points regarding what he said about measuring the distance to the stars, the speed of light, etc.

God Bless you sir, hope you find God...also Free Kent Hovind.  He's a good man who is currently in jail on some bullshit offenses.  Surely you could understand that considering that you are a firearms enthusiast and all. Obviously there has been some unnecessary persecution of the firearms community as of late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's the problem I have, what Hovind says in that video is a misrepresentation of the Old Earth Creationist viewpoint. He also has a history of blatantly misrepresenting and creating strawman arguments against OEC. He is also lies about the origins of translations other than KJV, then calls OEC heresy. If you believe in YEC, fine, but let's have an honest discussion about it. You might be able to call him a smart man, but he doesn't strike me as a humble or honest one.

Reading over the wiki about his legal issues, it seems he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on legally or ethically.

I hope you aren't implying that I haven't found God because I question Kent Hovind.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top