Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2015 4:29:49 PM EDT
Lots of guys I know have trouble getting their wives on board with prepping/homesteading/what have you.  So I decided to make a video on this, showing some Bible stories that can be used to help convince a reluctant partner.

http://youtu.be/7oi5ik-OP0s
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Getting the family on board is always a great idea.

However, It doesn't have to be under the guise of "one day the sky may fall".

Get fit together, go camping, fishing, hunting. The reason in your head is just your personal version of live action role playing (Mega virus, economic collapse, zombie apocalypse, etc....). How about Sharknado... they are making the third one now!?

Live healthy, respect each other and invest in your future (Roth IRA, Mutual Funds, pay off debt) before you blow too much on your hobbies under the guise of "prepping". Have a limit that your family and your wallet can tolerate.

IF in fact it is sent from the lord, then no prepping will be helping you.

My two cents, I have interacted with too many "preppers" that couldn't run a mile to save their life, but blew enough cash to have so much "stuff", usually firearms, stored away to equip a modern infantry platoon.

God Bless America
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top