Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
Curious, for reasons I don't want to get into...

Does anyone drive a long distance to church - 1 hour+? Reasons why? No church of a particular denomination in your immediate area, you prefer church that's a greater distance away, etc.?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
30 miles to church for me. I am orthodox so that is just what has to happen.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Since we moved a few towns away, we drive 30-40 minutes to our "home" traditional latin Mass church. When we don't feel like it or weather is bad, we go to our "beater" church 5 minutes away.    Tried to go to beater church today but all masses are cancelled because of the snow storm.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I drive over a half-hour, despite having one within 10 minutes.

We REALLY didn't like the local one, and have found a home in the one further away.

We are not alone.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]
When I lived in metro Detroit I used to drive half an hour to go to The Shrine of the Little Flower.  They had great priests and the building is an Art-Deco treasure.

Now I go someplace within walking distance.  It all depends but a properly church-like environment is important to me, I can't abide those V2 style barns.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Not over an hour, but about 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]
When I lived in Louisville we drove about 40 minutes to go to church.

Physically it wasn't that far from us, but the drive took forever.

We liked the church & the people and we were a part of getting it off the ground.

I knew one couple who drove 1.5 hours each way for church in Mid MO.  Churches in their denom were few & far between and they didn't like the local one.

Some friends drive an hour for church each Sun.  The wife grew up in the church & her whole family goes there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
30 minutes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top