Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 9:59:55 AM EDT
Something I should probably know, but alas I dont.  Had to put my Buddy down on Saturday and I'd really like to think I get to see him again someday, if I'm lucky.  I miss him.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure, I hope so as well, but most of what I heard is no.....sorry about your Buddy....
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't seem like heaven to me without em.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You got that right.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not sure, I hope so as well, but most of what I heard is no.....sorry about your Buddy....
View Quote

Anything "heard" would be speculative.  To quote Will Rogers, “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where do you think man will spend eternity, Heaven or Earth?
What importance does Resurrection play in your beliefs?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, there's nothing mentioned regarding our dear pets, but think about it this way: they are not suffering anymore!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The first pet in the bible was the dog of Tobias who accompanied young tobias to his far off adventure.

As for pets going to heaven..... by nature, no as they have no spiritual soul. BUT, in heaven the symbolism is of lion with the lamb, wolf next to the infant on God's holy mountain and all are tame, so I think all things are possible with God and since there are no tears or sorrow, it would follow that it's entirely likely our cherished pets will be there by grace of God.

Certainly is no metaphysical reason to believe in the resurrection but not believe animals with that particular set of memories and personality might not also be raised for our enjoyment.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#9]
they are God's creations and he knows when  sparrow falls from the tree, so it only makes sense that our pets would be there.

there is no greater example here on earth of Christ's love for us then the dog. Both God and dog would never leave you or forsake you.

sorry for your loss, tell us about your friend.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

they are God's creations and he knows when  sparrow falls from the tree, so it only makes sense that our pets would be there.

there is no greater example here on earth of Christ's love for us then the dog. Both God and dog would never leave you or forsake you.
View Quote

sorry for your loss, tell us about your friend.
Thanks

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#11]
While many versus hint that maybe they do, the verse that says anything concrete is that only God knows for sure. Ecclesiastes 3:21
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Not the Bible, but the Catholic catechism explains that as God creatures, their mere existence glorifies God; therefore, we ought to treat them kindly.  However, we must be careful not to put them above the dignity of other humans (e.g.: spend exorbitant amounts of money and time on an animal, when there are people suffering who would benefit from your time or money).

Sorry for your loss, OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top