Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 1:23:18 PM EDT
- The Pope’s pilgrimage to the Holy Land and its aftermath show again Francis’s astute Jesuistry. He has made it known again and again that he is not attempting to mediate politically between his Israeli and Palestinian visitors. Rather, the role he is purportedly attempting to play is that of spiritual mediator. -

Spiritual Mediator

Total Anti-Catholic rubbish...or, a hint of something far more Prophetic?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Complete and utter anti-Catholic tripe. Thanks for sharing the hate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I love how he's trying to huckster off his USB compatible 'Puritan Hard Drive' for a 'Once-in-a-lifetime'  low, low  2 for 1 price of $298.48 in his 'Super Sale' ending at 11:59PM Monday!  

Probably just the thing for spam-hammering internet discussion boards with anti-Catholic prooftexts!  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So I take it you're not going to be placing an order for one of his 'Puritan Hard Drives'?  

All for the low, low price of $97.97 for the downloadable version, it's a once in a lifetime deal...
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So I take it you're not going to be placing an order for one of his 'Puritan Hard Drives'?  

All for the low, low price of $97.97 for the downloadable version, it's a once in a lifetime deal...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Holding out for V2.11

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Holding out for V2.11

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holding out for V2.11

I'm holding out until someone here admits they bought one.  

Or two.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or two.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holding out for V2.11

Or two.  

Pfft you can get the entire content of newadvent.org on CD for only $19.99.  I think that says something about Catholics but I'm not sure what.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love how he's trying to huckster off his USB compatible
-snip-
View Quote

Err... that's not his website. But whatever. Better to keep on ridiculing an obvious aggregator website instead of confronting the truth.

Link to the original.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Err... that's not his website. But whatever. Better to keep on ridiculing an obvious aggregator website instead of confronting the truth.

Link to the original.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how he's trying to huckster off his USB compatible
-snip-

Link to the original.

LOL, half of the total content of that webpage is ads for that ridiculous Prot-Fund Thumb-Drive.

Look at the page yourself.  Spiritual Mediator/Prot-Fund Huckster Drive Site
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pfft you can get the entire content of newadvent.org on CD for only $19.99.  I think that says something about Catholics but I'm not sure what.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holding out for V2.11

Or two.  

I guess the Pro-Funds are right - Catholics don't understand capitalism.  If they were smart they would charge $97.97.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Honestly I tried to read the article but it was really bad.  I have a lot of respect for Reformed Christians most of the time.  However, this article was just conspiracy level, pope-is-the-antichrist balderdash.  These sorts could be labeled "pope troofers."  

I think the flippant attitude by Catholics in this and other threads like it is because after the initial offense when people accuse your religion as being secretly evil, there comes annoyance and eventually amusement.  I think we are all in the amusement phase.  

Thus, donning the guise of a peacemaker, Francis was able to use the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of Pope Paul VI’s visit to Israel in 1964 to launch his latest offensive for papal dominion in several spheres.
View Quote

Francis is first and always a Jesuit, his mind having been specifically formed to think within those terms.40 For nearly five hundred years, the Jesuits have led a movement to restore the Roman Catholic Church to the position it enjoyed before the Reformation of the sixteenth century. As an elite cohort of foot-soldiers absolutely loyal to the Papacy, Jesuits became tutors and teachers to the children of kings, rulers, and important families in each country. Thus, they gained access to those in positions of civil power and influence to the end that the nations that had been part of the Holy Roman Empire would again submit to Roman Catholic teachings and law.41 Even in modern democracies, the Jesuits have wormed themselves into positions of influence in politics, media, and state agencies. They always act firstly, and only, in the interests of the Roman State Church. If Francis the Jesuit has become the honorary conductor of the world’s peace train, we may be sure that the Vatican will set the price of the tickets.
View Quote

If the stuff in bold were true, trad Catholics would be in love with Francis and the Jesuits.  If only Jesuits were loyal to the pope and actually wanted people to believe all that Catholic stuff, I would be so happy.  There are so many things actually scandalously wrong in the Catholic Church to cast stones at, why completely miss the mark with this made up Jesuit conspiracy stuff?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Honestly I tried to read the article but it was really bad.  I have a lot of respect for Reformed Christians most of the time.  However, this article was just conspiracy level, pope-is-the-antichrist balderdash.  These sorts could be labeled "pope troofers."  
View Quote

The guy's Block-O-Text, 'Paragraphs, how do they work?' style of writing was painful as well.

If you're going to quote anything of any length, indent it, don't run it on inside your paragraph.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link to the original.
View Quote
Truth? What truth?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Richard Bennett served for 22 years as a Roman Catholic priest. By what authority do you question him?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Richard Bennett served for 22 years as a Roman Catholic priest. By what authority do you question him?
View Quote

By this authority:

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!
Gal 1:8

This Bennett guy seems out to lunch. I won't speculate on his motivations for abandoning the Priesthood but assume he is following his conscience. However, his accusations against Catholicism are woefully misinformed.

I find it strange that former Protestants who have become Catholic like myself usually speak well of their former faith tradition, but Catholics who have left often seem desperate to justify their decision for the rest of their lives.

If you want some serious, thought provoking Catholic/Reformed debate, check out calledtocommunion.com.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Fellers, my point wasn't the 100$ Hard Drive (which does look like a great deal.)
The sight and it contributors don't have men like Rev. Marcial Maciel Degollado raising tens of millions of dollars for their cause (thankfully)...it's self supporting.

The article is written by an Ex-Priest and points out the sidelining of Biblical Truth in exchange for religious unity....and perhaps posturing for global control.

My hope is that a few of you might actually read the article and the very least question The Vatican's intentions.
What if the current Pope is willing to expose The Sins of past Popes and reform the Church.....winning the accolades of men..... while at the same time shelving the absolute claim of Jesus to be The Way, The Truth and The Life...no one comes to the Father but by Him.

What if the man most able to influence the worlds spirituality could use that influence on Global Governments??
What if he would be able to do so in a way that felt spiritual .....but stripped the absolute claims of the Bible and Jesus Christ?

What if the concern of Global Environment  and Wealth Redistribution actually held more potential power and influence over nations than concern for the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

My point isn't "hey folks lets pick on Catholics"...my point is to question The Vatican....a system of Global power built in the name of Jesus ....but spending very little time actually talking about Jesus in the same way The Bible does.

Here's the thing....I do believe we will be accountable...not only for spreading false information and scandal...but having the access to truth and refusing to even weigh it for value.
I don't care about "winning" a theological fight on an obscure religion forum read by the same nine bickering guys.
Our allegiance should be to Jesus Christ over and above men whether they're Pope or Puritan

-“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. Rev 22
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
my point is to question The Vatican....a system of Global power built in the name of Jesus ....but spending very little time actually talking about Jesus in the same way The Bible does.
View Quote

The whole 'The Vatican doesn't talk about Jesus!' meme is a canard and an ignorant one at that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This Bennett guy seems out to lunch. I won't speculate on his motivations for abandoning the Priesthood but assume he is following his conscience. However, his accusations against Catholicism are woefully misinformed.

I find it strange that former Protestants who have become Catholic like myself usually speak well of their former faith tradition, but Catholics who have left often seem desperate to justify their decision for the rest of their lives.
View Quote

This.  Fallen away priests/nuns are among the most vicious Catholic haters, usually for some pretty petty reasons.

Considering his horrible writing style, I have no problem believing he had issues as a priest - Catholic priests are typically quite educated people.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I know you mean well T1NMAN. It really is hard to take this article seriously though. It's like if someone sent you the infamous "43 times more likely to be killed if you have a gun" study and then said "why won't you listen to the truth about guns?!"

Again, I encourage you to check out Called to Communion. You'll find Catholics there much more charitable  than me and the other 8 bitter people here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top