Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2014 10:59:00 AM EDT
I received an IM this morning from a fellow arfcommer concerning some doubts that he still has about salvation, believing that he has to do something in order for God to do something for him and so-forth.

But as it probably most certainly is, is that God is actively working with this man, and as it goes, whatever God initiates for a valid reason, in which all of God's reasons are intricate and valid, then I would say that this person, fellow arfcommer, is in very good hands as we who have been called eternally by the Name have been, and will continue to be dealt with as God sees fit, as the Bible clearly states that all things will conform in the presence of the omnipotent God.

Now, there are many who have wondered why that God, would have at least approved of a situation where man and woman would have fallen into such a state as we have, as even most people through the better wisdom of their own consciences can intrinsically testify to that.

If you feel like that we have more than just some understanding issues concerning some pretty un-understandable things for now then this OP is mainly directed at you!

It is one thing to imagine that all things are random and secular as man has in essence through his discoveries (and what really is a discovery) of the universe, and then from inward self and conscience know that there in fact is a God, and that God is the super-intelligent causal Agent responsible for the inception of all things and then the ongoing maintenance of all things also.

We live in a way too complicated situation here on earth and even as the synchronicity of the universe goes to be here and actively studious concerning all things as God would have us to be, rather than the opposite which has no end except a temporal physical end which teaches its proponents many things which are really starting to show themselves concerning much error and eventually much moral error also.

But, as it is God has even factored and actually ordained all of these things to happen as real and valid proof for the other side of the coin, so to speak. And that other side of the coin is wisdom, understanding, and then the right actions toward correcting a wrong which only God can rectify but using us, the incomplete creation in order to complete the incomplete right.

Adversity and misunderstanding about God and the existence of God is not an abnormal way for all of us to feel about a God who has for all practical purposes closed the best parts of us, exclusively spiritual, and then with the rest of our outward physical senses through a sin nature corrupted them to error, is what we all as humans have to understand and gauge all spiritual matters with, which on their own will never be good enough for us or God either and especially for Him.

Why?
You tell me why?

However, there must be adversity at least for now.
If you think that you might underscore God somehow with uneducated and unwise arguments with the creation concerning even His very existence, then continue to go ahead and do that, God will not try and stop any of you for doing these things.
If you believe the time has come for you to come to terms with God about you're surrendering a bunch of humanistic rubbish for Jesus Christ to dispose off, then do that with the eternal assurance that you will live forever and not die as any other supporting creation has or will very shortly now.

What has become necessary for you to have in your own lives?
Money, stuff?
No real or genuine self-examination of further potential to be achieved other than more money and stuff?
Are these things which mainly lead to unrighteous pride and foolish arrogance going to be enough for you when you die.
What are we promoting with an attitude or mindset such as this.
No room or place in our lives for God?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I was raised Catholic and I struggled for years with this for years.  As a Catholic I was lead to believe so many had power over my salvation.  We were taught so many contradictory things that it was simple to just follow, rather than build a relationship with God and Christ.

This scripture changed my life: John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

This convinced me of my salvation.  (not taking away from the Holy Spirit who convicted me of this belief!) I had to say this to myself over and over again and then I had to learn just how much God loved us.  I read the gospel of John over and over and while listening to a study on the Life of John by Beth Moore it sunk in.  Its inconceivably complex while at the same time so very simple.

Lastly, I add this:  1 John 3:21-22—"Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have
confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep
His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.”

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for posting Queen!
Much to study here!
I will certainly use these!

SAE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top