Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2014 5:26:04 AM EDT
I have nothing to do with it. I feel the the Holy Spirit has led me in this.

What say you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have nothing to do with it. I feel the the Holy Spirit has led me in this.

What say you?
View Quote

I say the same thing.
Alternative church functions such as "Fall Harvest" activities and other forms of Christian fellowship especially with small children I believe should be considered however.
Candy
Too much candy
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I know people who don't for religious reasons.

I support it, and participate in it when I can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've told my child that it is a time where we remember that there are horrible things out there (mostly man made), and it's a time to practice bravery in the face of it.  As he is older I will add the lesson than some people give themselves over to the horror and become authors of it, which can be seen by the relish some take in playing evil.  So far it has been both fun and instructive.

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#4]
how do you deny supernatural evil while loving, worshiping and obeying the supernatural laws of Good and GOD?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Slightly off topic, but I don't like to participate because, most holidays now are made into big events where you have to spend a lot of money.

Businesses and corporations have turned the holidays into  money grabs. If you think about it, there is some kind of holiday almost once a month, then ad birthdays etc.

I work in food warehousing and the volume swells around each of these holidays, either from more food, flowers, candy, and other goods.
It's like soon as we get over one holiday, stuff is shipping in for the next one.

It's all about money.

Jan. - New Years. - party favors, fireworks, drinking, etc.
Feb.- valentines day- flowers, cards, candy, stuffed animals, etc
March- st Patricks day, green clothes and party favors, and drinking
April- Easter- baskets, dress up clothes, candy, etc
May- Mother's Day. Gifts
June- Father's Day gifts
July - Independence Day- cook outs and fire works
August- only month with no major holiday!
Sept- Labor Day. Big for cooking out
Oct- Halloween candy, costumes, etc
Nov. Thanksgiving- big for cooking meals
Dec- Christmas- the most expensive holiday of all
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Slightly off topic, but I don't like to participate because, most holidays now are made into big events where you have to spend a lot of money.

Businesses and corporations have turned the holidays into  money grabs. If you think about it, there is some kind of holiday almost once a month, then ad birthdays etc.

I work in food warehousing and the volume swells around each of these holidays, either from more food, flowers, candy, and other goods.
It's like soon as we get over one holiday, stuff is shipping in for the next one.

It's all about money.

Jan. - New Years. - party favors, fireworks, drinking, etc.
Feb.- valentines day- flowers, cards, candy, stuffed animals, etc
March- st Patricks day, green clothes and party favors, and drinking
April- Easter- baskets, dress up clothes, candy, etc
May- Mother's Day. Gifts
June- Father's Day gifts
July - Independence Day- cook outs and fire works
August- only month with no major holiday!
Sept- Labor Day. Big for cooking out
Oct- Halloween candy, costumes, etc
Nov. Thanksgiving- big for cooking meals
Dec- Christmas- the most expensive holiday of all
View Quote

Yes, and in all of this, the binge spending and with the continuous credit card purchases, layaways and the like, should send out a degree of awareness to all of us, that if we do these things for very long, then we also are at fault and should personally take some of the blame concerning the ever growing deficits which now plague our own country's national debt crisis.

Stupid is as stupid does.
We definitely should not follow suit according to these matters of a failed government.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Personally I have no issue with halloween as I choose to take it at face value, but I don't fault anyone that does take issue with it. For me and my family it has always merely been something fun to do and I choose not to read into it too much. We don't do a ton with it other than let the kids pick a fun costume (we do set the stipulation that they are not to be a devil or something ridiculous) and run around with some friends in our small neighborhood and go door to door for candy etc. All in all it takes about an hour. Generally we also take them to any of the various "fall festivals" at local churches including our own throughout the month. It has just become part of the enjoyment of fall to us as we love the fall weather, pumpkins, apple orchards, cider, changing leaves, and everything else around this time of year.

I know some brothers/sisters in Christ that don't celebrate Christmas because it coincides with some old pagan day of celebration, but again, I choose not to read into it. Christmas has become the traditional day that we celebrate the birth of Christ. I'm not concerned with what pagans once used it for. Again, I don't fault anyone that thinks contrary to me. If you can't do it with a clear conscience, then don't.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I think to myself, would Christ approve of my participation in Halloween.  

I also think that if I participate then I'm somewhat condoning it.

The whole thing is a celebration of evil to me. I don't think Jesus would participate so I wont.

The Holy Spirit will lead you. So I'm not judging you my brothers. I'm just wondering who else feels convicted as I do.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm participating in a supper with some friends with whom I worship, but that's about it. If I stayed home, I would not get trick-or-treaters--I'm far enough out in the boonies that that doesn't happen.

Halloween is pretty much a non-issue for me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quit doing it when families started busing kids into the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
My kids have fun thinking of spooky stuff. We love to fix the yard up. They love to Trick or Treat. I buy around $100 worth of candy and I don't care where the kids that come after it are from. No evil or devil worship in it. If you feel that way Christmas is a bunch of crap also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top