Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Believers: Matthew 10:14-16

John 12:44-50
Jesus did not force himself on anyone and we should do the same.

2 Corinthians 4:4

It is our job as believers to teach the good news, not to talk anyone into accepting Him. I think most of the misconceptions have been addressed and its now up to the nonbelievers to accept or reject that information. Or to do more research on their own.

My question is this: Would Jesus participate in this thread any further?  I think we should leave this one be from now on.
View Quote

You keep making that statement. If you have nothing of value to contribute then stay out. I can't imagine why you'd want to stifle open discussion.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm out of this thread as well.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 1:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sure, in a fanatical way, but if you truly were meant to spread the word of god to others then you're going to have to do better than "because the bible said so". That's where the issue lies. Believers can easily put faith into the equation and rely solely on that. Believers don't need evidence, they don't care about that. They simply read the book and chose to put all their chips into the belief that the bible is true.
View Quote

Acting as if 'because The Bible says so' is the be-all and end-all of Christian thought is ignorant in the extreme.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Acting as if 'because The Bible says so' is the be-all and end-all of Christian thought is ignorant in the extreme.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure, in a fanatical way, but if you truly were meant to spread the word of god to others then you're going to have to do better than "because the bible said so". That's where the issue lies. Believers can easily put faith into the equation and rely solely on that. Believers don't need evidence, they don't care about that. They simply read the book and chose to put all their chips into the belief that the bible is true.

It's the thought of the person I was responding to.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:20:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This is rich. Refresh my memory, which exact denomination of christianity do you subscribe to?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't even think that he is being truthful here about who he purports to truly be.

This is rich. Refresh my memory, which exact denomination of christianity do you subscribe to?

Why should it matter to you?
Because it doesn't!

What's rich here is your methodology of trying to play coy concerning your real intensions here.
Apparently, what you are trying to sell is trying to get someone to hold on to something that is not genuine concerning your own closed eyes in conjunction with spiritual matters which you haven't the ability to understand so you attempt to heckle and lash out at the ones of us that do..
We are not impressed nor frustrated with your game.
God doesn't speak to you and others somewhat like you so there it is guy.
We will continue to pray for your salvation, that is, if it is God's will for this amazing thing to happen to you.
But anyways for now, please take up your shenanigans with someone else because frankly I think that you think that you are smarter than most or some kind of special here running some kind of a game, but I think that you guys are just needy for the drama that you wish others to endure at other people's expense.
Either that or atheists trying to effectually choke the word of God by the tactics and deceit that I believe that you have generously shown here.
Either way though, you probably think this post is about you.
Now quest that!

That is all.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because it doesn't!

What's rich here is your methodology of trying to play coy concerning your real intensions here.
Apparently, what you are trying to sell is trying to get someone to hold on to something that is not genuine concerning your own closed eyes in conjunction with spiritual matters which you haven't the ability to understand so you attempt to heckle and lash out at the ones of us that do..
We will continue to pray for your salvation, that is, if it is God's will for this amazing thing to happen to you.
But anyways for now, please take up your shenanigans with someone else because frankly I think that you think that you are smarter than most or some kind of special here running some kind of a game, but I think that you guys are just needy for the drama that you wish others to endure at other people's expense.
Either that or atheists trying to effectually choke the word of God by the tactics and deceit that I believe that you have generously shown here.
Now quest that!

That is all.

Thanks,

SAE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't even think that he is being truthful here about who he purports to truly be.

Because it doesn't!

Now quest that!

That is all.

Thanks,

SAE

I'm not sure why you keep implying that there's some secret dark purpose behind my (and others) posts. I can disagree with your conclusions without being a part of some grand atheist conspiracy.

It's fine if you don't want to share your denomination, I understand why you would be afraid to do so.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry not interested...
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top