Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2014 9:54:02 AM EDT
Just want to give the Lord a substantial praise this morning for bringing us through a large round of thunderstorms late last night. As some already know, my wife Janice and I live about 25 miles west of Ft. Worth in Parker County Texas.
The night before last we also received about an inch of badly needed rain and finished up early this morning with about another two inches which right now, and in it's own rite is just as or even more important than what I am about to relay to you now, about what happened after 1:30 this morning as the weather took a turn for the worse, but not for us!

Praise God!

But, this is how this weather episode went down.
Now, all afternoon yesterday the Noah , Weather Radio and website was forecasting possible severe thunderstorms for our area and sure enough as my wife woke me up a few minutes before they hit, well, she does; and so I go out onto our porch to see the lightning and winds start to pick up to just about a gale level outside almost immediately.

Now to be truthful here, many years ago I saw an old movie about the Israelites' exodus by God's hand out of Egypt, after 400 years of bondage by God's will for them to endure. In this movie and I'm not sure according to what, but this old man I believe during their passover meal, there was this old man who kept singing out from the background; things like, "And His Mercy Endureth Forever (King James Version I guess), and OT one liner Scripture like this; but anyway, I was impressed by this because it was the way that he sang it, like it was a part of him, kind of like a chant I suppose.

So over the years in bad weather like this I always go out and ask God through His Son Jesus Christ to bless our home, animals, vehicles, and property, because some of the storms we have had here in North Central Texas can get real stupid and devastating in a hurry, just like this one was starting to do.

So anyways fast-forward to early this morning: Storm coming in like a charging rhino on steroids. Wife looking kind of worried. NOAH weather radio is telling everyone in the area to seek shelter in a secure room or location; lightning flashing and coming closer rapidly. Storm moving along a line coming in at 60 mph; winds gusting to 75-80 mph.

Things in front yard starting to move from place to place as I step out on a very large flat rock in front of our front porch about 8 feet around. Lift my hands to the Lord and start to sing Psalms and other Biblical things, just like the old Hebrew man did in the old movie that I seen that one time.

Now I know some might think that this might be kind of a crazy thing to do in the middle of a bad storm with lightening popping everywhere and stuff blowing around, but as I felt prompted to do this, praising the Lord in Jesus name; this is what I did. And after I did not a thing changed as actually the weather didn't seem any better, but seemed worse.

So we go inside because the cold rain is now blowing sheets of cold and bracing water right up onto the front door so Janice and I retreated inside.

We both went into our bathroom, because we feel like it is the safest room in our home. It is large and has two large closets, and has an octagon shape with five walls, and with the two closets tied in on each side for added support of the structure of that side of our home.

As my wife opened the laptop to refresh the NOAH Doppler Radar web page the winds and blowing rain outside seemed to let up significantly.
As the Doppler Radar images finally came up we were quite surprised and almost shocked at what we saw. And what we saw was that the storm which was huge and massive looking approximately like the South American continent, which had hit us smack dab in the middle of its thickest parts with deep and thick red and pink images all along the leading front of this buddy; but as we watched started to lose its formation with the worst parts of the leading edge systematically begin to turn from red with pink cores, to green and yellow images; which are just light to moderate rain as after going back out was now rather gentle; was a really surprising witness; what in reality only took about five minutes to elapse into that moderate to mild state of being; but what seemed like an eternity to us.

Wow!Intensely dramatic ya know?

Came back in and when back to our "safe room" with the wife still looking at the Doppler; then looking back over at me and said, "What do you think?"

I said, "Well I think that God is good and then sang out in my best Old Hebraic worship voice, "And His Mercy Endureth Forever!"
Rock on!

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear you.

James 5:16 comes to mind.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Great story op. Glad it worked out and yes God works in wonderful ways. We all should thank Him more then we do. My wife just put a painting of Jesus she did in an art show. She didn't pray for it to sale but for it to be an inspiration to others. At least 25 people commented to her how much they loved it. Prayers answered.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hear you.

James 5:16 comes to mind.
View Quote

Thank you!

Maybe someone else has had a similar or any kind of miraculous experience to praise God with that has happened to them?
This is how people get blessed is giving God all of the glory and honor due Him and at all times.
Not just in or during the good, but in any state that we might find ourselves in, even in the not so good!
And as like the title of this thread goes; all power, honor, and glory belongs to the Lord, and whoever He decides that should receive some because God either edifies, or de-edifies all things as God wills to do.
The Lord of all of these things!
All.
And this is how we as Christian people get blessed!
Some blessings known, and then others not for a while, if ever known to us in this life at all.
But, as it goes for us; it doesn't really matter anyways if we think this way or that, now does it?
Who is really doing the work here!

Praise God!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
<><
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Yessir, as always, great post, Brother SAE!

I hear ya!

Back in '08 when we were in Texas, we thought we'd heard and seen thunderstorms.

Nope! You ain't experienced a thunderstorm unless you have it "Texas Style!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top