Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2014 5:27:18 PM EDT
The word's of Jeremiah, the son of Hilkiah, one of the priests living in Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. The word of the LORD came to him in the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son of Amon, king of Judah.

The Testimony of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1:1-2
Prologue
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It also came throughout the days of Jehoiakim son of Josiah, king of Judah, until the fifth month of the eleventh year of Zedekiah, son of Josiah, king of Judah, when the people of Jerusalem went into exile.

The word of the LORD came to me: I chose you before I formed you
in the womb;
I set you apart
before you were born.
I appointed you a prophet
to the nations.

The Holy Book and Scroll of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1: 3-5
The Call of Jeremiah: Called with an Eternal Calling
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
But I (Jeremiah speaking) protested, "Oh no, Lord God! Look, I don't know how to speak since I am only a youth."
Then the LORD said to me:

Do not say: I am only a youth,
for you will go to everyone
I will send you to and speak
whatever I tell you.
Do not be afraid of anyone,
for I will be with you
to deliver you

This is the LORD's declaration.

The Book and Scroll of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1: 4-8
The Call of Jeremiah: Jeremiah is Commissioned by God
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Then the LORD reached out His hand, touched my mouth, and told me:

Look, I have filled your mouth
with My words.
See, today I have set you
over nations and kingdoms
to uproot and tear down,
to destroy and demolish,
to build and to plant.

The Book of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1: 9-10
The Great Commission of God: Building Kingdoms and Nations
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Then the word of the LORD (or of Jehovah, or of the One through the Father, and of the Messiah, and then communicated through the Spirit of God), came to me asking, "What do you see Jeremiah?"

I replied, "I see a branch of an almond tree."
The LORD said to me, ''You have seen correctly, for I watch out over My word to accomplish it."

Again the word of the LORD came to me inquiring, "What do you see?"
And I replied, "I see a boiling pot, its mouth tilted from the north to the south."

Then the LORD said to me, "Disaster will be poured out (Lit will boil) from the north (or from a land of the north or lands of the north) on all who live in the land (or on all who live in this land).

The Book and Parchment Scroll of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1: 11-14
Two Visions: The Boiling Pot
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
"Indeed, I am about to summon all of the clans and kingdoms of the north.
They will come, and each king will set up his throne (or each king will lay claim to the land) at the entrance of Jerusalem's gates. They will attack all her surrounding walls and all of the other cities of Judah."
[The LORD's declaration]

"I will pronounce My judgments against them for all of the evil they did when they abandoned Me to burn incense to other gods and to worship the works of their own hands (or to covet material goods over Me)".
[The declaration of the LORD]

The Old Testament Book of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 1: 14-15
Two Visions: God Summons Kingdoms of the North: Judgment Decreed Against Israel and Judah
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I will pronounce My judgments against them because of all of the evil they did when they abandoned Me to burn incense to other gods (or other gods or articles which precludes them from My favor for now). [The Declaration of the Lord] and to worship the works of their own hands (or to purchase these articles according to the labor of their own hands).[The LORD's Declaration]

The Old Testament Book and Archaic Scroll of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1: 16
The Worship of Foreign Gods
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
"Now, get ready. Stand up and tell them everything that  command you. Do not be intimidated by them or I will cause you to cower before them. Today, I am the One who has mage you a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls against the whole land-----against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests, and the population.

They will fight against you but will never prevail over you, since I am will you to rescue you." [This is the LORD's declaration]

The Old Testament Book of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 1: 17-19 (end of chapter)
The Lord's Command and Commission Concerning Jeremiah
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#8]
edit
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
As always, Brother SAE, you are on FIRE!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The word of the LORD came to me: ''Go and announce directly to Jerusalem that this is what the LORD says:

I remember the loyalty
of your youth,
your love as a bride-----
how you followed Me
in the wilderness,
in a land not sown.
Israel was holy to the LORD,
the first fruits of His harvest.
All who ate it found
themselves guilty;
disaster came upon them."
This is
the LORD's declaration.

Jeremiah 2: 1-3
Israel Accused of Apostasy
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Hear the word of the LORD, house of Jacob (or to the Jewish clans by definition of the law) and all of the families of the house Israel (or to the Messianic clans from the nations; no longer foreigners of David's house in the Lord God Messiah).

Here is what the LORD says, "What fault did your fathers find with Me, who followed worthless idols and then became worthless themselves?''

The Old Testament Book and Sacred Scroll of JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 4-5
Israel Accused of Apostasy: The House of Jacob / The House of Israel
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]
They stopped asking: Where is the LORD who brought us out of the land of Egypt, who led us through the wilderness, through the land of deserts and ravines, through a land of drought and darkness (or the shadow of death), a land that no one traveled through or where no one lived?

I brought you to a fertile land to eat its fruit and bounty, [The LORD's Declaration] but after you entered, you defiled My land; you made My inheritance detestable.

The Book and Sacred Scroll of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 6-7
Israel Accused of Apostasy: The Shadow of Death upon the People
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
The priests quit asking: Where is the LORD? The experts of the law no longer knew Me, and the rulers rebelled against Me. The prophets prophesied by Baal (or by a demon god hiding itself in plaster) and followed useless idols.
Therefore I will bring a case (or bring you to court for judgment) against you again. [The LORD's Declaration]

Jeremiah 2: 8-9
Israel Accused of Apostasy: Where is the LORD?

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I will bring a case against your children's children. cross over to Cypress (Lit the islands of Kittim) and take a look. Send someone to Kedar and consider carefully; see if there has been anything like this: Has a nation ever exchanged its gods? (but they were not gods!) Yet My people have exchanged their Glory (or literally the glory of God within them) for useless idols.

Be horrified at this, heavens (or the heavenly host or the assembly of the gods); be shocked and utterly appalled.

The Book and Sacred Scroll of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 9-12
Israel Accused of Apostasy: The Curse of the Generations
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#15]
For My people have created a double evil: They have abandoned Me, the fountain of living water, and dug cisterns for themselves, cracked cisterns (or defective devises), that cannot hold water (or ones which cannot hold the Spirit of the Almighty God within them).

The Old Testament Book and Hebraic Scroll of JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 13
Israel Accused of Apostasy: The Double Evil of Idolatry / Defect and Denial
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Is Israel a slave?
Was he born into slavery (Lit born of a particular house)?
Why else has he become a prey?

The young lions have roared at him; they have roared loudly. They have laid waste to his land. is cities are in ruins, without inhabitants.
The men of Memphis and Tahpanhes have also broken your scull.
Have you not brought this on yourself by abandoning the LORD your God while He was leading you along the way?

Jeremiah 2: 14-17
Consequences of Apostasy: No Freedom In Rebellion Towards God
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Now what will you gain by traveling along the way to Egypt (or back into the foreign land from which you and your ancestors came) to drink the waters of the Nile (Lit of Shichor)?
What will you gain by traveling along the way to Assyria to drink (or to indulge yourself and to be filled by a foreign god) to drink the waters of the Euphrates?

Your own evil (or your own evil against the Lord) will discipline you (Lit will be a rod across your back); and your own apostasies will reprimand you.
Think it over and see how evil and bitter it is for you to abandon the LORD your God and have no fear (or reverential awe) of Me.
[This is the Declaration of the LORD God of Hosts]

The Old Testament Prophecies of JEREMIAH; God's Prophet from the Archaic
Jeremiah 2: 18-19
Consequences of Apostasy: The Foreign Channels of Apostasy and Deception Through a Glass Darkly Seen
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#18]
For long ago I (or I Am) broke your yoke; I tore off your fetters (Lit the oppressive shackles). You insisted: I will not serve! (So therefore) On every high hill (or on every high place of idol worship or in the low places of degrading), and under every leafy tree (or under a tree called, "no shame") you lie down like a prostitute.

Jeremiah 2: 20
Consequences of Apostasy: The Reattaching Curse of Demonic Intrigue

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#19]
I planted you, like a choice vine from the very best seed. How then could you turn into a degenerate foreign vine? Even if you wash with lye and use a great amount of soap, your guilt is still in front of Me.

Jeremiah 2: 21-22
Consequences of Apostasy: The Engrafted Vine of the Sin Nature and Rebellion
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#20]
How can you protest: I am not defiled; I have not followed the Baals (or have not followed other false gods)? Look at you behavior in the valley; acknowledge what you have done. You are still a swift young camel twisting and turning on her way, a wild donkey at home (Lit donkey taught) in the wilderness.
She sniffs the wind in the heat of her desire.
Who can control her passion?

The Book and Scroll of the Prophet JERIMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 23-24
Consequences of Apostasy: The Enticement of Sin and Foolishness
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#21]
All who look at her will not become tired; they will find her in her mating season (Lit in her month). Keep your feet from going bare and your throat from thirst. But you say (or but you say about idols and false gods): It's hopeless; I love strangers (or I love the constant company of strangers), and I will continue to follow them.

The Old Testament Prophecies of JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 24-25
Consequences of Apostasy: No Fast in the Mating Season
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Like the shame of a thief when he is caught, so the house of Israel has been put to shame. They, their kings, their officials, their priests, and their prophets say to a tree: You are my father, and to a stone: You gave birth to me.
For they have turned their back to Me and not their face, but in a time of disaster they beg: Rise up and save us!

The Old Testament Book of JEREMIAH the Prophet
Jeremiah 2:26-27
Consequences of Apostasy: The Shame of  Thieves  

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#23]
But where are your gods you made for yourself? Let them rise up and save you in your time of disaster if they can, for your gods are as numerous as your cities, Judah.

The Old Testament Prophecies of God According To JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 28
Consequences Of Apostasy: Flirting With Disaster
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Why do you bring a case against Me? All of you have rebelled against Me.

I have struck down your children in vain; they would not accept discipline (or they would not accept discipline as a righteous father disciplines his own children).
Your own sword (or by your own tongue initially) has devoured your prophets like a ravaging lion.
Evil generation, pay attention to the word of the LORD!

The Old Testament Book and Scroll of the Torah; The Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 30-31
Judgment Decreed: Judgment Deserved

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Have I been a wilderness to Israel or a land of dense darkness? Why do My people claim: We will go where we want (or we have taken control, or we can roam freely); we will no longer come to You? Can a young woman forget her jewelry or a bride her wedding sash?
Yet My people have forgotten Me for countless days (or countless days on end).

How skillfully you pursue love; you also teach evil women your ways.
Moreover, your skirts are stained with the blood of the innocent poor.

You did not catch them breaking and entering,
But in spite of all of these things you claim:
I am innocent.

The Old Testament Prophecy of the Holy Bible of JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 2: 31-35
Judgment Deserved: The Dishonesty Of A Perverse And Evil Generation
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#26]
His anger is sure to turn away from me. But I will certainly judge you because you (or because you in your extreme arrogance) have said: I have not sinned. How unstable you are, constantly changing your way! Therefore You will be put to shame by Egypt (or be put to shame by your traditional enemies or influences) just as you were put to shame by Assyria (or just as you were from before).

Moreover, you will be led out from here with your hands on your head since the LORD has rejected those whom you trust; you will not succeed (or will not escape the judgment that has been placed against you) even with their help (Lit with them all around you).

Jeremiah 2: 35-37 (end of chapter)
Consequences of Apostasy: No Escape From the Instability and Bondage of the Continual Practice of Sin
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#27]
If a man divorces his wife and she leaves him to marry another, can he ever return to her? Wouldn't such a land (or that of the woman) become totally defiled?
But you!
You have played the prostitute with many partners----- can you return to Me?
[This is the LORD's declaration]

The Old Testament of the Holy Bible of JEREMIAH the Prophet
Jeremiah 3: 1
Wages of Apostasy: The Prostitute of Many Partners
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Look to the barren heights (or look at all of the enormous amount of false idols and statuettes) and see (or perceive or discern). Where have you not been immoral? You sat waiting for them by the highways like a nomad in the desert. You have defiled the land with your prostitution and wickedness.

This is why the showers (or latter rains) haven't come-----why there has been no spring rain (or early rains either).
You have the brazen look of a prostitute (Lit a prostitute's forehead; a prostitute's hairstyle, or wear the sign of her identity) and refuse to be ashamed.
Have you not lately called Me; My Father, my youthful companion?

Jeremiah 3: 2-4
Wages of Apostasy: The Barren Heights Of Immoral Idolatry
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Will He (or God) bear a grudge forever? Will He be endlessly frustrated (or will He be endlessly frustrated without instituting a curse)?
This is what you have spoken and done, the evil that you are capable of.

The Book of the Old Testament of the Holy Bible of the Prophet JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 3: 5
Wages of Apostasy
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#30]
In the days of king Josiah the LORD asked me, "Have you seen what unfaithful Israel has done? She (or they) have ascended every high hill and gone under every green tree to prostitute (or to worship foreign idols or gods) herself there (or in those places where they meet to produce abominable acts against the LORD).

I thought: after she has done all of these things, she will return to Me.

The Old Testament Prophesy of JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 3: 6-7
Unfaithful Israel: Treacherous Judah
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:51:08 PM EDT
[#31]
But she (abominable Israel) did not return, and her treacherous sister Judah saw it (or took opportunity because of it). I observed it was because unfaithful Israel had committed adultery that I had sent her away and had given her a certificate of divorce.

Nevertheless, her treacherous sister Judah was not afraid but also went and prostituted herself.
Indifferent to her prostitution, she defiled the land and committed adultery with stone and tree (or with idol worship and in some cases murder).
Yet in spite of all of this, her treacherous sister Judah didn't return to Me with all her heart (or in a solemn state of genuine repentance)-----only in pretense (or only according to a lie).

Jeremiah 3: 7-10
Wages of Apostasy: The Two Treacherous Sisters
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#32]
The LORD announced to me, "Unfaithful Israel has shown herself more righteous (or just barely righteous in little) than treacherous Judah. Go proclaim these words to the north, and say: Return, unfaithful Israel (or unfaithful house of Israel) [This is the LORD's Declaration].
I will not look on you with anger (Lit not cause My face to fall on you), for I am unfailing in My love (or in My love for you).
[This is the LORD's Declaration].

The Old Testament Book of JEREMIAH the Prophet
Jeremiah 3: 11-12
Wages of Apostasy: The Loving God
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Only acknowledge your guilt-----you have rebelled against the Lord your God.
You have scattered your favors to strangers under every green tree (or at every opportunity that is met to be lawless against Me) and have not obeyed My voice.
[This is the LORD's Declaration]

The Old Testament Oracles and Prophecies of the Holy Bible of GOD of JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 3: 13
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#34]
"Return, you faithless children"-----this is the LORD's declaration-----"For I am Your master (or One to be your God and Counsellor). and I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion.
I will give you shepherds who are loyal to Me (Lit shepherds according to My heart), and they will shepherd you with knowledge and skill.

The Old Testament Book of JEREMIAH; God's Prophet
Jeremiah 3: 14-15
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#35]
"When you multiply and increase in the land, in those days"-----the LORD's declaration-----"no one will say any longer: The ark of the LORD's covenant. It will never come to mind, and no one will remember or miss it.
It will never again be made."

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God; JEREMIAH
Jeremiah 3: 16
The LORD's Declaration: The Passing Outward Ark of Inward Spiritual Covenant With God
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top