Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Then Job answered: No doubt that you are the people, and wisdom will die with you! But I also have a mind; I am not inferior to you. Who doesn't know about the things that you are talking about (Lit With whom are not such things as these)? I am a laughingstock to my friends by calling on God, who answers me.
The righteous and upright man is a laughingstock.
The one who is at ease holds calamity in contempt and thinks it is prepared for those whose feet are slipping (Lit feet slipping down a steep slope).
The tents of robbers are safe, and those who provoke God are secure; God's power (or God's delay in severe judgment) provides this.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible and Archaic Scroll of JOB
JOB 12: 1-6
Job's Reply to Zophar: Calamity In Contempt
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
But ask the animals, and they will instruct you; ask the birds of the sky, and they will tell you. Or speak to the earth, and it will instruct you; let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done all of these things? The life of every living thing is in His hand, as well as the breath of all mankind.

Doesn't the ear test words as the palate tastes food?
Wisdom is found with the elderly, and understanding comes with long life.
Wisdom and strength belong to God; counsel and understanding are His.

The Old Testament Book and Torah Scroll Reading Of JOB
JOB 12: 7-13
JOB's Reply to Zophar: Accumulated Wisdom Of the Ages Toward Creation
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Whatever He (or God) tears down cannot be rebuilt; whoever He imprisons cannot be released. When He withholds the waters, everything dries up, and when He releases them, they destroy the land. True wisdom and power belong to Him. The deceived and the deceiver are His. He leads counselors away barefoot (or He has unwise or evil counselors take leave of their own sanity) and makes judges go mad.

He releases the bonds (Lit loosens the belt of; authority or edict) put on by kings and ties a cloth around their waist (or ties the cloth of a nobleman around the waist of the needy and the oppressed).
He leads priests away barefoot and overthrows the established leadership.
He deprives trusted advisers of speech and takes away the elder's good (or better) judgment.

The Old Testament Book and Archaic Scroll of the Teachings of JOB
JOB: 12:14-20
Job's Reply to Zophar: The Supreme Power Of God Over All
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
He pours out contempt on nobles and disarms (Lit loosens the belt; unties the authority of) the strong. He reveals mysteries from the darkness and brings the deepest darkness into the light. He makes nations great, then destroys them; He enlarges nations. then leads them away.
The He deprives the world's leaders of reason, and makes them wander in a trackless wasteland.
They grope around in the darkness without light; He makes them stagger like drunken men.

The Old Testament Book of JOB
JOB 12: 21-25 (end of chapter)
JOB's Reply to Zophar: The Omnipotent Power Of God
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Look, my eyes have seen all of this; my ears have heard and understood it. Everything that you know, I also know; I am not inferior to you. Yet I prefer to speak to the Almighty and argue my case before God. But you coat the truth with lies; you are all worthless doctors.
If only you would shut up and let that be your wisdom!

JOB: 13:1-5
Job's Reply to Zophar: The Man of False Perception
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Now hear my argument, and listen to my defense (Lit. the claims of my lips). Would you testify unjustly on God's behalf or speak deceitfully for Him? Would you show partiality to Him or argue the case in His defense? Would it go well if He examined you? Could you deceive Him as you would deceive a man?
Surely He would rebuke you if you secretly showed partiality.
Would God's majesty (or God's righteousness through His majesty) not terrify you?
Would His dread not fall on you?
Your memorable sayings are proverbs of ash; your defenses are made of clay.

Job 13: 6-12
JOB's Reply to ZOPHAR: The Majesty Of GOD
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Be quiet (Lit quiet before me) and I will speak (or I will speak important things). Let whatever comes happen to me. why do I put myself at risk and then take my life in my own hands? Even if He (or God) kills me, I will hope (or trust) in Him. I will still defend my ways before Him.

Yes, this will result in my deliverance, for no godless person can appear (or can appear after death) before Him.

The Old Testament and Archaic Scroll of JOB
JOB 13: 13-16
JOB's Reply to Zophar: Hope In The LORD
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Pay close attention to my words; let my declaration ring in your ears. Now then, I have prepared my case; I know that I am right. Can anyone indict me (or formally accuse me or bring a case against me)?
If so, then I will be silent and die.

Only grant these two things to me God, so that I will have to hide from Your presence: remove Your hand from me and do not let Your terror frighten me.
Then call, and I will answer, or I will speak, and You can respond to me.
How many sins and iniquities have I committed?

The Old Testament Book of and the Scroll of the Torah: JOB
JOB: 13: 17-23
Job's Reply to Zophar: A Righteous Case For The Unjust
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Reveal to me my transgressions and sin. Why do you hide your face and consider me your enemy? Will You frighten a wind-driven leaf? Will you chase after dry straw? For You record bitter accusations against me and make me inherit the iniquities of my youth (Lit the faults of the inexperienced).
You put my feet in the stocks and stand watch over my paths (or ways), setting a limit for the soles (Lit paths. You mark a line around the roots) of my feet (or accomplish my complete destiny set forth from my eternal youth).
Man wears out like something rotten, like a moth-eaten garment.

The Old Testament Book and Archaic Scroll of JOB
JOB: 13: 23-28 (end of chapter)
JOB's Reply to Zophar: The Revelation Of Transgression And Sin
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Man is born of woman is short of days and full of trouble. He blossoms like a flower, then withers; he flees like a shadow and does not last. Do You really take notice of one like this?
Will you bring me into judgment against you?

The Old Testament Book of JOB of the Holy Bible of God
JOB 14: 1-3
JOB's Reply to Zophar: JOB Petitions the LORD To Take Notice
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Who can produce something pure from what is impure? No one! Since man's days are determined and the number of months depends on You, and since You have set limits (or have set limits on him) that he cannot pass, look away from him and let him rest so that he can enjoy his day like a hired hand.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God of JOB
JOB 14: 4-6
The Determination: Man's Days and Months
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#12]
There is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, will it sprout again, and its shoots will not die. If its roots grow old in the ground and its stump starts to die in the soil, the smell of water makes it thrive and produces twigs like a sapling. But a man dies and fades away; he breathes his last-----but where is he?

The Old Testament Book and Archaic Scroll of the Holy Bible; JOB
JOB 13: 7-10
Job's Reply to Zophar: Hope For A Tree
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Would God's majesty not terrify you? Would His dread not fall on you? You memorable sayings are proverbs of ash; your defenses are made of clay. Be quiet now and I will speak. Let whatever comes happen to me. Why do I put myself at risk and take my own life in my hands?
Even if He (or God) kills me, I will hope in Him.
I will still defend my ways before Him.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God; JOB
JOB 13: 11-15
Job's Reply to Zophar: The Dread Of God
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top