Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#1]
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me (or "Me," or, "One," in the prophetic sense of some of the words Jesus spoke during His crucifixion on the cross at Calvary)? Why are You so far from my deliverance and from my words of groaning? My God, I cry by day, but You do not answer, by night, yet I have no rest.

But (or however), You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.
Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You rescued them.
They cried out to You and were set free; they trusted in You and were not disgraced.

A Psalm and Song of King David; God's Anointed King
Psalm 22: 1-5
From Suffering to Praise: Trust in the LORD of Hosts
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by men and despised by people. Everyone who sees me mocks me; they sneer and shake their heads: "He relies on the LORD; let Him rescue him; let the LORD deliver him, since He takes pleasure (or since He takes special interest) in him."
You took me from the womb, making me secure (or assuring my life with You) while at my mother's breast. I was given over to You at birth (Lit was cast on You from the womb); You have been my God from my mother's womb.

A Psalm and Song for the Choir Director of King David
Psalm 22: 6-10
From Suffering to Praise: The God Of My Beginning
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't be far from me, because distress is near and there is no one to help. Many bulls surround me; strong ones (or giants; Nephilim or unclean spirits from within them) from Bashan encircle me. They open their mouths against me-----lions, mauling and roaring. I am poured out like water, and all my bones are disjointed; my heart is like wax, melting within me.

The Psalms and Songs of David; God's Anointed
Psalm 22: 11-14
From Suffering to Praise: The Bulls Of Bashan
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How happy is the man who does not follow the advice of the wicked, or take the path of sinners, or join a group of mockers!
Instead, his delight is in the LORD's instruction, and he meditates on it day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water (or by streams which do not dry up in the summer season) that bears its fruit in season (or in a timely manner so as always to be a blessing to others), and whose leaf (or word or prodigy) does not whither.

Whatever he does prospers.

However, the wicked are not like this; instead, they are like chaff that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not survive the judgment (or ultimately God's ruling against them), and sinners will not dwell in the community of the righteous.

For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous (or the LORD has prepared paths for the righteous to walk in), but the way of the wicked always leads to ruin.

Psalm 1

The Two Ways of Men
View Quote

Tracking.........
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
My strength is dried up like baked clay; my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth (or here as a prophetic statement of the cross when Jesus said: "I thirst"). You put me (or Me; prophetically) into the dust of death (or prostrate on the ground to be nailed to the curse of the tree).
For dogs (or Roman soldiers and mockers) have surrounded me; a gang of evildoers has closed in on me; they pierced my hands and my feet.

A Psalm and Lament of David
Psalm 22: 15-16
From Suffering to Praise: The Eternal God
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I can count all of my bones (or I can see all of my bones protruding outward); people (Lit they) look and stare at me.
They divided my garments among themselves, and they cast lots for my (or My) clothing.

Psalm of David
Psalm 22: 17-18
From Suffering to Praise: The Coming Of God's Messiah
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#7]
But You, LORD, don't be far away. My strength, come quickly to help me. Deliver my life from the sword, my very life from the power of the dog (or from the temporal power of the infidels). Save me from the mouth of the lion (or save me from the powers which are lying in wait to ambush me)! You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen.

(So therefore) I will proclaim Your Name to my brothers; I will praise You in the congregation.
You who fear (or earnestly reverence) the LORD, Praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor Him!

A Psalm a Song of David, Son of Jesse
Psalm 22: 19-23
From Suffering to Praise: The Proclamation Of The Name
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]
All you descendants of Israel revere Him! For He (or God Almighty) has not despised or detested the torment of the afflicted. He did not hide His face from him, but listened when he cried to Him for help.
Therefore, I will give praise (Lit my praise) in the great congregation (or forever more) because of You; I will fulfill my vows (or my solemn promises) before those who fear (or those who completely reverence the Name ) You.
The humble will eat (or be well sustained) and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise Him.

A Psalm and Song of King David
Psalm 22: 23-26
From Suffering to Praise: Giving Praise to the Lord in the Great Congregation
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#9]
May your hearts live forever! All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD. All of the families of the nations will bow down before You, for kingship belongs to the LORD; He rules over the nations.
All who prosper on earth will eat and bow down; all those who go down to the dust will kneel before Him-----even the one who cannot preserve his life.
Descendants will serve Him; the next generation will be told about the Lord (or will be told about the goodness of the LORD).
They will come and tell a people yet to be born about His righteousness-----about the things that He has done.

The Psalms and Spiritual Songs of King David of Judah and Israel
Psalm 22: 26-31 (end of chapter)
From Suffering to Praise: The LORD Is GOD
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#10]
The LORD is my shepherd; there is nothing that I lack. He lets me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He renews my life; He leads me along the right paths (or along the right places where I need to be; righteous paths) for His name's sake (or for the sake and duty of and to the Name).
Even when I go through the darkest valley (or the valley of the shadow of death; the low places of dispersion), I fear no danger (or evil), for You are with me; Your rod (or Your sure guidance) and Your staff (or Your supreme rule over all)-----they comfort me.

A Psalm and Song of King David
Psalm 23:1-4
The Good Shepherd: The LORD Is My Shepherd
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Only goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD as long as I live (Lit forever).

Psalm and Song of King David; Son of Jesse; Son of Obed
Psalm 23: 5-6 (end of chapter)
The Good Shepherd: The House Of The LORD / A Table In The Wilderness
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]
The earth and everything in it, the world and all of its inhabitants, belong to the LORD; for He laid its foundations on the seas (or on the sea beds or foundations before the earth was pushed up), and established it on the rivers (or on the rivers with life giving waters for His creation and for beauty).  

Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD (or the heights or understanding of the holy One of Israel)?
Who may stand in His holy place?

A Psalm and Song of King David of Israel
Psalm 24: 1-3
The King of Glory: The LORD's Possessions
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#13]
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not set his mind (or not lifted up his soul) on what is false, and who has not sworn deceitfully. He will receive blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of His salvation.
Such is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob (or the face of God; God's chosen).

Psalm of King David: God's King
Psalm 24 4-6
The King of Glory: Clean Hands And Pure Heart Forever
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Lift up our heads, you gates (or all of the vessels which attest to God's truth by His will)! Rise up ancient doors (or the eternal spirits of men)! Then the King of glory will come in.
Who is the King of glory?
The LORD, strong and mighty (or LORD strong and mighty to save), the LORD, mighty in battle!

Psalm and Song of David; God's Mighty Warrior
Psalm 24: 7-8
The King of Glory: The LORD Strong And Mighty
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Lift up your heads, you gates!
Rise up, ancient doors!
Then the King of glory will come in.
Who is He, this King of glory?
The LORD of Hosts, He is the King
of glory. Selah (pause and reflect)

Psalm of King David
Psalm 24 9-10 (end of chapter)
The King of Glory: The LORD Of Hosts
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]
LORD, I turn my hope to You. My God, I trust in You. Do not let me be disgraced; do not let my enemies gloat over me.
No one person who waits for You will be disgraced; those who act treacherously will be disgraced.

Make Your ways known to me, LORD; teach me Your paths.

Psalm and Song of King David
Psalm 25: 1-3
Dependence on the LORD: Trust In The One God Only
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Make your ways known to me LORD; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation;  I wait for You all day long.
Remember, LORD, Your compassion and Your faithful love, for they have existed from antiquity (or from eternity).
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my acts of rebellion; in keeping with Your faithful love, remember me because of Your goodness LORD.

Psalm and Song of David; God's King
Psalm 25: 4-7
Dependence on the LORD: The Paths of Righteousness
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top