BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2014 7:29:21 PM EDT
Any recommendations .
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
By a Retired Colonel

Rapture, prophecy or heresy: Will biblical christians be removed from the earth to heaven? : God's word vs man's doctrine Paperback – January 1, 1989

by H. Speed Wilson (Author)

In the first 5 chapters the author sets forth a very good exposition on the Post-Trib position. There are also good refutations of the Pre-Trib position. There is much continuity and many proof-texts offered that believers will go "through" the final tribulation.

The book can be very easily read in 1 or 2 sittings. I found the short comments for clarity used in parentheses ( ) very helpful.

In Chapter 6 the author attempts to explain why the Roman Papacy is the real Antichrist (I disagree). He combines 1st century history and quotations from early church fathers to lend credibility to this viewpoint.

By the time I got to Chapter 9, I felt that the author got sidetracked. He begins discussing Soteriology (doctrine of salvation), he elaborates on "Baptism in the Holy Spirit" and he sets forth theory on how to interpret Jesus' 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth". I disageed with all 3 of his conclusions and also felt it was unecessary content for a book on Eschatology.

The author adds an interesting hook to his work. He offers a $10,000 reward for anyone who can, after reading the book, refer to several scriptures clearly stating that the Saints are taken "out" of the world. The overall tone of the book is that the wicked will be taken out from among the just who will remain in an earthly setting during the rapture.
If you are Post-Trib you will find the book useful as a quick reference to defend your position. If you are Pre-Trib the book will challenge you to study more in defense of your viewpoint.
To help a believer ease the tension and frustration that may arise in these eschatological debates, think of what a wise preacher once said -

"Meet you there or in the air". Review....

...............................................................................................

Have not read this one but should be along the same lines.

RAPTURE - A DANGEROUS DECEPTION Paperback – June 15, 2009

by H. Speed Wilson (Author)

Colonel H. Speed Wilson, U.S. Marine Corps (Ret.) has served in combat in 12 named battles and campaigns during three wars. In recognition of his achievement in battle as a fighter pilot in World War II and Korea, he was awarded 3 Distinguished Flying Crosses, 16 Air Medals, and 5 Distinguished Combat Unit Awards. During combat duty in Vietnam, he served as Chief of the Staff of the 9th Marine Amphibious Brigade, which was an air-ground team of 20,000 Marines. In this assignment, he was awarded the Legion of Merit with a Combat "V" and the Republic of Vietnam's Distinguished Service Cross, which is one of the highest decorations awarded to a foreigner. During his eight years of duty at our nation's Capitol, Colonel Wilson served on many high-level planning and policy boards and was awarded the Marine Corps Commendation Medal for Meritorious Service. On July 1st, 1973, he retired after 31 years as a Marine. Colonel Wilson served 14 years (1973-1987) as an International Director of the Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International. He was often a featured speaker at international, national, regional, and state conventions; local monthly chapter meetings; and church congregations. He also conducts seven-day and weekend Bible seminars. He has been a guest on many TV and radio programs.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:06:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. I will check this out .
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought the newer expanded version of Rapture. Haven't read it yet. Also purchased,Antichrist Before The Day Of The Lord. A post Wrath of God book. We will see what these books have to say on the subject .
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Rapture.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top