Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2014 2:15:29 PM EDT
Now, it seems like my other thread was about what I expected from some folks with certain kinds of participation in it that were not from a Christian point of view concerning the existence of God or not kinnda went south on me so to speak.

For the moment anyways.

Fine by me but unfortunate though, because at least for now, there will be people who will take an anti-Christian view about most anything in this world no matter what!

Sooooo thennnnnnnnnn; this thread will be just a little bit different this time!

It will be a Christian based thread with Christian participation only this time please.

The title of this thread, "The Christian Way" which will encompass anything "Christian" as you might see fit to post, whether it be a story that you would like to share with your Christian brothers and sisters, or a praise about something that God in His unfailing love has done for you or what ever that you would like to post; pictures ; Christian videos someone else's songs or whatever!

If it is Christian then rock on!

Prayers, praise, testimony, songs, whatever!

Bang a gong baby if that's what you want to do!

Holy Spirit, You are welcome here!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance and by undying love, active hope, and very great faith,

Your brother in Christ as always and come on in,

SAE*

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
For God so loved the world,
that He gave His
only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth
on Him shall not perish,
but have everlasting life.

John 3: 16

The Father's Great Gift to Us
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now, it seems like my other thread was about what I expected from some folks with certain kinds of participation in it that were not from a Christian point of view concerning the existence of God or not kinnda went south on me so to speak.
View Quote

Did you expect only the Christian point of view in a thread titled, "So you say that there is no God?"
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you expect only the Christian point of view in a thread titled, "So you say that there is no God?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, but was well worth it while it lasted.

Now however, unless someone wishes to discuss some of the finer points of that thread, I believe we should all move on from there till right now.

Amen?

There is no spilled milk in what we accomplished there.

As a matter of fact this seven day endeavor concerning that thread accomplished much for the kingdom of God as it seems some Christians realize now that there are quite a few chinks in the armor concerning the kingdom of darkness. And one of these weak points is that, and I quote from John chapter 1. that, "That light that shines in the darkness, yet the darkness (or the prescribed kingdom of darkness) did not overcome it (or comprehended it not; verse 5).

So, what should that verse of Scripture mean to us about any direct contact or intervention on the part of the believer toward the safety and rescue of the non-believer?

So what is, "The Prescribed Kingdom of Darkness" as I will call it according to what the Spirit has to say to all of us? Well, if we flip back a couple of verses in the gospel of Saint John (now there was, is, and will continually and eternally be a saint of the Most High God or in Jesus Christ the Messiah forever) in verses 1-3.

Where it reads: "In the beginning was the Word (or Logos or the word of God represented by the eternal Jesus Christ; Order of Melchezedek; Revealer of the Father; will explain latter; whole in depth study to detail), and the Word was with God (known in eternity as, "One" through the eternal word; Christian Bible), and the Word was God (or One in the kingdom of God; equal status and authority; Soveriegn; The Power).

He was with God in the beginning.

ALL THINGS WERE CREATED BY HIM, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created." vs 1-3.

So does this mean that God has purposely created a separate kingdom other than His own, the one that is called, "Darkness" in verse #5?

No, it certainly does not in the kingdom of God; in the sense that God fully and completely retains His kingdom authority over all things:See Job < Chapter One.

So what about the ones who fear the so called "kingdom of darkness" which that they believe that they may have to, "give the Devil his due" in this life, or even in the next?

Could it appear that way to some?

Yes, and to many to be sure as too many people Christian and non alike, have given up too much of the total kingdom authority that God has given to them because they feel that this other "kingdom" is actually a threat to the kingdom of God at any moment (See: Genesis account concerning man's stewardship among the other worldly creations to interact with him; Adam Kadmon; earth-man with God's breath within him and the woman who was taken from him).

We are truly weak in this sense, but He is strong according to them all!

But our strengths will grow, or strictly translated as "weaknesses into strengths; major and minor; if we are shrewd and discerning concerning our retained spiritual  knowledge about God and know how we use it, as God loves a courageous and discerning servant; auspiciously using them for greater things.

Spoken < Faith< Patience< Knowledge< discernment- when to take action.

And still it seems a threat as to what we see in the physical realm day by day, or through the carnality of man, especially sometimes initiated by our own actions too; this organization of the fallen which have been quite defeated and righteously so by Christ, and if for any other reason of what God did for us at the cross at Calvary.

But what about the word of God in our lives, and at the end of the day what it is supposed to represent to us in order to help us to maintain our Christianity which sometimes for us may be very difficult for us to negotiate properly?

The Sword of Truth, or the word of God, is a weapon to this organization of fallen creations as it was always meant to be; toward those who are locked away presently and then by our Christian witness concerning Christ helping to keep them locked up.

Did you know this child of God?

Military angels know this well.

And then also concerning those who remain out on bail, so to speak, until their time of eternal imprisonment has come to pass and as it is written; to satisfy God's purpose and according to His eternal plan of salvation and will be released again for a short time to torment men on the earth in those days coming up now by the power of God!

For us!

And according to His Glory!

Amen?

But, as it turns out contrary to what some Christians believe, is that God has not given away one square inch of any of His creation or hallowed ground to anyone who is a subordinate toward Him! Now, He has set some of it aside for some purposes which we know about and have learned about through His word concerning stewardship toard some, but still there are many things which go on everyday and every moment non-stop in this world which we know little about, or in many cases are quite ignorant about altogether concerning just who is in charge of what down here on earth.

Amen?

If one might, the kingdom of darkness is a place that God built to hold any and every creature that He has made himself responsible for, because in order for Him to be a Sovereign power and God in His universe, then God must be responsible for everything and at all times for us, and then in a greater and much more intricate, and many times not, as God's ways are higher than out own and inexplicable to us. But, in the way of the eternal loop where He has chosen to be, and also a place that He by His own power has chosen for Himself to reside we must deal with this reality concerning Him concerning us having the capability to walk with Him, in a personal way, and on a daily basis for us; as the Bible teaches us to be humble in spirit toward all things, so that our study and observations as Christians will be perfected to be complete and honored by God.

For God's glory pertaining to us, his elect!

So where does God rule?

God rules in all the places where He rules!

"He (Jesus Christ the One called Messiah) was in the world (or was born into the world by the uncorrupted seed of a woman overwritten by the eternal word of God: a virgin birth as no other has been performed; authority: Holy Spirit of the eternal Father spiritually translated: SEEDS/The Elected: SOWER) the world was created (or birthed: Borne) through Him, yet the world did not recognize Him (or recognize Him as it was written to be)."

"He came to His own (or to the ones who as a people would not believe on Him first), and His own people did no receive Him. But to all who did receive Him (or the ones who were called by Jesus' name to live with Him in eternity, "In Him"), He gave them the right to be (or become) the children of God, to those who believe in His name, not of blood (or the mixing of bloods; or through human ancestry through a physical father's linage), who were born, not of blood, or the will of the flesh (or anything throughout the ages that a man might purpose to do to affect any human genealogical line), or of the will of man (or through a man who lays with a woman with or without her consent because she is his slave; or the weaker), but of the will of God.

So as it has been written, so as it is being done right now!

God is not One to be taken lightly concerning being able to Lord over all things, even in the way that He has total authority pertaining to the inward, and the outward parts of a man which He has alone constructed; completely; and is responsible for; forever.

Amen?

John1: 10-13

Prologue

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stanc, as the OP reads about only Christian participation here, please my friend unless you have deemed yourself a Christian in the last couple of hours and with a public profession of faith about your eternal salvation being brought to you, by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ dying for all of your sin and lawlessness toward the Father, then please I will ask you again if you are not a Christian, then please do not post within the confines of this "Christian" only thread for any reason at all unless you convert to Christianity before its completion.

Any other attempts to do so will be reported to the Site authorities for their disposition concerning your general failure to comply about the way that I feel that this particular thread, such as it has been fashioned, should be conducted until its timely completion.

Without the negativity of a troller who has a long and varied reputation for being one in this forum!

Maybe if you have something to say to the people who are members and who regularly post on this board, then start your own thread, and maybe this momentous step for you will be fulfilling enough on your own part, for you and you can gain an audience with some others who prescribe to the same belief system as you do or anyone else for that matter.

There have been threads posted in this forum for atheists and agnostics only on several occasions.

You know, birds of a feather so they say.

But, until that time, I again ask you to stay out of this one without exception!

Step off.

Dude!

Each man to his or her own country concerning this thread.

No exceptions!

Do we read each other loud and clear sir?

No need to reply back for any reason.

However, you may IM if you want.

No?

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Stanc, as the OP reads about only Christian participation here, please my friend unless you have deemed yourself a Christian in the last couple of hours and with a public profession of faith about your eternal salvation being brought to you, by the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ dying for all of your sin and lawlessness toward the Father, then please I will ask you again if you are not a Christian, then please do not post within the confines of this "Christian" only thread for any reason at all unless you convert to Christianity before its completion.

Any other attempts to do so will be reported to the Site authorities for their disposition concerning your general failure to comply about the way that I feel that this particular thread, such as it has been fashioned, should be conducted until its timely completion.

Without the negativity of a troller who has a long and varied reputation for being one in this forum!

Maybe if you have something to say to the people who are members and who regularly post on this board, then start your own thread, and maybe this momentous step for you will be fulfilling enough on your own part, for you and you can gain an audience with some others who prescribe to the same belief system as you do or anyone else for that matter.

There have been threads posted in this forum for atheists and agnostics only on several occasions.

But, until that time, I again ask you to stay out of this one without exception!

Step off.

Dude!

No exceptions!

No?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Step off.

Dude!

No exceptions!

No?

SAE, you have only yourself to blame. If you had not gone off topic (something you do quite often, but complain about when others do it) in the OP and taken a shot at "some folks with certain kinds of participation", I would not have made a post in this thread.

Dude!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Aaron Shust sings two of my favorite songs, favorite at the moment anyway, "cornerstone" and "no one higher".
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard an old, old story, How a Sav-ior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Cal-va-ry to save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groan-ing, of His pre-cious blood's a-ton-ing,
Then I repented of my sins and won the vic-to-ty,

Refrain:

O vic-to-ry in Je-sus, My Savior for-ever, He sought me and bo't me With His redeeming blood; He loved me ere I knew Him And all my love is due Him. He plunged me to vic-to-ry, Beneath the cleansing flood.

song entitled: Victory in Jesus
archaic; composer not listed.
one of three complete stanzas of music pertaining to this popular old timey spiritual classic.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Praise  the LORD!
For it is good to sing praises to
our God;
For it is  pleasant and praise is becoming.

The LORD builds up Jerusalem (or Jerusalem with His mighty armies);
He gathers the outcasts (or the ones that He rescues at the end of days)
of Israel.

He heals the brokenhearted, and binds up their wounds.

He counts (or is able to count) the exact number of the stars;
He gives names to all of them (or to the entirety of His heavenly creations).
Great is our LORD and mighty in the abundance of His strength;
His understanding is infinite (or is outside of the understanding of man).

The LORD supports the afflicted;
He brings the wicked to the ground (or brings the wicked stooping before Him in judgment).

Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving;
Sing praises to our God
on the lyre, The One who covers the heavens with clouds (or the One who brings forth rain in due season), who provides rain for the earth, Who makes grass grow on the mountains.

He gives to the beast its food, And to the young ravens which cry,
He does not delight in the strength  of a horse (or depends on physically brutish power to overcome); He does not take pleasure in the legs of a man (or does not take pleasure in the influences of men),

The LORD favors those who reverence Him, those who are patient concerning His loving-kindness.

Praise the LORD O Jerusalem! Praise your God O Zion! For He has strengthened the bars of your gates. He has blessed your sons within you. He makes peace inside of your borders; He satisfies you with the finest of wheat. He sends forth His command to the earth; His word (or word; or His word coming: Completed Bible/Word of Messiah who is in the Spirit in the world; from the Messiah who is in eternity and is Sovereign over all; One) runs very swiftly.

He gives snow like wool (or gives snow on the harvest day); He scatters the hoarfrost (or early morning white frost) like ashes, He casts forth His ice as fragments (or affecting some crops, but not affecting the righteous man's tribute). Who can stand before His cold? He sends forth His word and melts them (or sends forth His word from prayer); He causes the winds to blow and the waters to flow (or melt it in rapid fashion).

He declares his word to Jacob (or to us who have contended with him). His statutes and His ordinances to Israel.

He has not dealt thus with any nation; And as for His ordinances, they have not known them (or have not been understood by the wicked wherever they may be found).

Praise the Lord.

Psalm 147

Praise for Jerusalem's Restoration and Prosperity

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SAE, you have only yourself to blame. If you had not gone off topic (something you do quite often, but complain about when others do it) in the OP and taken a shot at "some folks with certain kinds of participation", I would not have made a post in this thread.

Dude!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Step off.

Dude!

No exceptions!

No?

Dude!

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#12]
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8) - For everything there is a season, and a time for
every matter under heaven:  a time to be born, and a time to die; a time
to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;  a time to kill, and a
time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;  a time to
weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;  a time
to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to
embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;  a time to seek, and a
time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away;  a time to tear,
and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;  a time
to love, and a time to hate; a time for war..

On that day, Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea.

Such large crowds gathered around him

that he got into a boat and sat down,

and the whole crowd stood along the shore.

And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying:

"A sower went out to sow.

And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path,

and birds came and ate it up.

Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil.

It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,

and when the sun rose it was scorched,

and it withered for lack of roots.

Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it.

But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit,

a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.

Whoever has ears ought to hear.”

The disciples approached him and said,

"Why do you speak to them in parables?”

He said to them in reply,

"Because knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven

has been granted to you, but to them it has not been granted.

To anyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich;

from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

This is why I speak to them in parables, because

they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand.

Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled in them, which says:

You shall indeed hear but not understand,

you shall indeed look but never see.

Gross is the heart of this people,

they will hardly hear with their ears,

they have closed their eyes,

lest they see with their eyes

and hear with their ears

and understand with their hearts and be converted,

and I heal them

"But blessed are your eyes, because they see,

and your ears, because they hear.

Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people

longed to see what you see but did not see it,

and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

"Hear then the parable of the sower.

The seed sown on the path is the one

who hears the word of the kingdom without understanding it,

and the evil one comes and steals away

what was sown in his heart.

The seed sown on rocky ground

is the one who hears the word and receives it at once with joy.

But he has no root and lasts only for a time.

When some tribulation or persecution comes because of the word,

he immediately falls away.

The seed sown among thorns is the one who hears the word,

but then worldly anxiety and the lure of riches choke the word

and it bears no fruit.

But the seed sown on rich soil

is the one who hears the word and understands it,

who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.”

Which one are we and which do we seek. to be?

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Simply awesome sister!

Highly anointed reading!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8) - For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:  a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;  a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;  a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;  a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to throw away;  a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;  a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war..
I remember this scripture from the movie Footloose!
On that day, Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea.
Such large crowds gathered around him
that he got into a boat and sat down,
and the whole crowd stood along the shore.
And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying:
"A sower went out to sow.
And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path,
and birds came and ate it up.
Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil.
It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep,
and when the sun rose it was scorched,
and it withered for lack of roots.
Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it.
But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit,
a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.
Whoever has ears ought to hear.”

The disciples approached him and said,
"Why do you speak to them in parables?”
He said to them in reply,
"Because knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven
has been granted to you, but to them it has not been granted.
To anyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich;
from anyone who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
This is why I speak to them in parables, because
they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand.
Isaiah’s prophecy is fulfilled in them, which says:
You shall indeed hear but not understand,
you shall indeed look but never see.
Gross is the heart of this people,
they will hardly hear with their ears,
they have closed their eyes,
lest they see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their hearts and be converted,
and I heal them

"But blessed are your eyes, because they see,
and your ears, because they hear.
Amen, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people
longed to see what you see but did not see it,
and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.

"Hear then the parable of the sower.
The seed sown on the path is the one
who hears the word of the kingdom without understanding it,
and the evil one comes and steals away
what was sown in his heart.
The seed sown on rocky ground
is the one who hears the word and receives it at once with joy.
But he has no root and lasts only for a time.
When some tribulation or persecution comes because of the word,
he immediately falls away.
The seed sown among thorns is the one who hears the word,
but then worldly anxiety and the lure of riches choke the word
and it bears no fruit.
But the seed sown on rich soil
is the one who hears the word and understands it,
who indeed bears fruit and yields a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.”

Which one are we and which do we seek. to be?

View Quote

I just read this parable to my family tonight at our "nightly" bible reading!  I say "nightly" but it's more like 2 or 3 times a week. It's suppose to be nightly though, I really need to work on that.  I read Mark 3-4.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a praise!  Some of you may remember me asking for prayers for my mom, she had to have 7" of her colon removed due to diverticulitis on May 13th.  First of all, the surgery took 6 hours instead of 3 because of complications. She had to stay in the hospital the first week, and the three weeks after was VERY rough. The colon had a small leak when the doctor spliced it back together after cutting the 7" out, so he had to bring her small intestine out of her abdominal wall, also know as a stoma. But, he couldn't bring the small intestine out an inch to where it would dump straight into the ostomy bag, he had to make it flush with the skin. Therefore, the stomach acid was eating the adhesive off the bag and the bag would leak causing the skin that was exposed to the acid to become raw and bleed. My dad was the main one taking care of her, except a nurse that would come to the house once a week, and due to the stress of not being able to keep the bag from leaking he got shingles. That's the first three weeks summed up.

Fast forward to today. I go over to visit and she is up helping my dad cook! It's been 2 months today since her surgery.

Here's the main praises: (I'm sure there's more than what I'm seeing)
1. My wife's best friend is a nurse that works with sick kids that have stomas, tubes, machines etc. She advised my parents to leave the bag off and just wipe up what comes out so that the raw skin can heal. This made a world of difference.
2.  She had a her colon tested for leaks Tuesday and there are no leaks, it's completely healed!
3.  Within the past few weeks my parents have found a bag and a technique that keeps the bag from leaking. This makes it where she can get up and around, and her skin around the stoma is almost healed. She's also able to get more rest instead of waking up every hour or so clean up what was coming out of her stoma.
4.  She should be having her last surgery to reattach her small intestine about mid August.

Thanks to all that have prayed or have been praying!  And if you haven't prayed and want to, well, go right ahead!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#16]
<><future so bright in Christ!

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
If you want to be lifted up, listen to Chris Tomlin's "God's Great Dance Floor."  
He opened and closed the concert I saw with this song.
<><
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Mercy and Grace just blow me away.

God's Mercy = I don't get what I deserve.
God's Grace = Getting what I don't deserve.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a praise!  Some of you may remember me asking for prayers for my mom, she had to have 7" of her colon removed due to diverticulitis on May 13th.  First of all, the surgery took 6 hours instead of 3 because of complications. She had to stay in the hospital the first week, and the three weeks after was VERY rough. The colon had a small leak when the doctor spliced it back together after cutting the 7" out, so he had to bring her small intestine out of her abdominal wall, also know as a stoma. But, he couldn't bring the small intestine out an inch to where it would dump straight into the ostomy bag, he had to make it flush with the skin. Therefore, the stomach acid was eating the adhesive off the bag and the bag would leak causing the skin that was exposed to the acid to become raw and bleed. My dad was the main one taking care of her, except a nurse that would come to the house once a week, and due to the stress of not being able to keep the bag from leaking he got shingles. That's the first three weeks summed up.

Fast forward to today. I go over to visit and she is up helping my dad cook! It's been 2 months today since her surgery.

1. My wife's best friend is a nurse that works with sick kids that have stomas, tubes, machines etc. She advised my parents to leave the bag off and just wipe up what comes out so that the raw skin can heal. This made a world of difference.
2.  She had a her colon tested for leaks Tuesday and there are no leaks, it's completely healed!
3.  Within the past few weeks my parents have found a bag and a technique that keeps the bag from leaking. This makes it where she can get up and around, and her skin around the stoma is almost healed. She's also able to get more rest instead of waking up every hour or so clean up what was coming out of her stoma.
4.  She should be having her last surgery to reattach her small intestine about mid August.

Thanks to all that have prayed or have been praying!  And if you haven't prayed and want to, well, go right ahead!
View Quote

To our very great Father who is in heaven, Lord God, and Majesty, Our magnificent Physician and Healer of all who have been brought before You for treatment, Great Father of all wisdom and understanding: Father, we come into Your throne room of grace this evening and thank you that our requests and petitions that are being answered by the loving-kindness and the great compassion that Your Majesty has for all of His children as He always has; and without reserve at any time concerning any of us! Now Father God, our God; we humbly now come to Your Chair of Justice and Righteousness; as Your royal scepter has shone on us as we worship at the Savior's feet forever; our loving and dear Lord who heals our infirmities before we even ask!

Let us sacrifice praise unto You!

Lord, at this time we would just like to thank You and nothing more; concerning Your graciousness, love, and healing kindness which you have shone and brought on Ledslger's mother here recently as You do all things which help us to understand the goodness which only You possess; as the wondrous God who satisfies the needs of all of His people.

So Father give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us of our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass
against us, and lead us not
into temptation, but deliver all of us
from all evil,
For Yours is the kingdom and the power,
and the glory forever.

Amen.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you want to be lifted up, listen to Chris Tomlin's "God's Great Dance Floor."  
<><
View Quote

Can you linky?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#21]
">

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Can you linky?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<><

Can you linky?

Ask and you shall receive.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

To our very great Father who is in heaven, Lord God, and Majesty, Our magnificent Physician and Healer of all who have been brought before You for treatment, Great Father of all wisdom and understanding: Father, we come into Your throne room of grace this evening and thank you that our requests and petitions that are being answered by the loving-kindness and the great compassion that Your Majesty has for all of His children as He always has; and without reserve at any time concerning any of us! Now Father God, our God; we humbly now come to Your Chair of Justice and Righteousness; as Your royal scepter has shone on us as we worship at the Savior's feet forever; our loving and dear Lord who heals our infirmities before we even ask!

Lord, at this time we would just like to thank You and nothing more; concerning Your graciousness, love, and healing kindness which you have shone and brought on Ledslger's mother here recently as You do all things which help us to understand the goodness which only You possess; as the wondrous God who satisfies the needs of all of His people.

from all evil,
and the glory forever.

Amen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

from all evil,
and the glory forever.

Amen.

Amen!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Now Korah son of Izhar, son of Khath, son of Levi, with Dathan and Abiram, sons of Eliab, and On son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took 250 prominent Israelite men who were leaders of the community and representatives in the assembly, then they rebelled against Moses.

They came together against Moses and Aaron and told them, "You have gone too far (or we have had enough of you)! Everyone in the entire community is holy, and the LORD is among them. Why then do you exalt yourselves above the LORD's assembly?"

When Moses heard this, he fell facedown. Then he said to Korah and all his followers, "Tomorrow morning the LORD will reveal who belongs to Him, who is set apart, and the one He will let come near Him. He will let the one He chooses come near Him (or approach Him), Korah, you and all of your followers are to do this: take firepans, and tomorrow place fire in them and put incense on them before the LORD. Then the man the LORD chooses will be the one who is set apart. It is you Levites who have gone to far!"

Moses also told Korah, "Now listen Levites!

Isn't it enough for you that the God of Israel has separated you from the Israelite community to bring you near to Himself, to perform the work at the LORD's tabernacle, and to stand before the community to minister to them? He has brought you near, and all of Your fellow Levites who are with you, but you are seeking the priesthood as well. Therefore it is you and all of your followers who have conspired against the LORD!  As for Aaron, who is he (or Aaron, what has he done) that you should complain about him?"

Moses sent for Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, but they said, "We will not come! It is not enough that you brought us up from a land flowing with milk and honey (Lit Egypt) to kill us in the wilderness? Do you also have to appoint yourself as ruler over us? Furthermore, you did not bring us to a land flowing with milk and honey or gave us an inheritance of fields and vineyards. Will you gouge out the eyes of these men? We will not come!"

Then Moses became angry and said to the LORD, "Don't respect their offering. I have not taken one donkey from them or mistreated a single one of them,"

So Moses told Korah, "You and all of your followers are to appear before the LORD tomorrow------you, they, and Aaron.

Each of you is take his firepan, place incense on it, and present his firepan before the LORD--------250 firepans.

You and Aaron are each to present your firepans also,"

Each man took his firepan, placed fire on it, put incense on it, and stood at the entrance to the tent of meeting (or the tabernacle) along with Moses and Aaron. After Korah assembled the whole community against them at the entrance to the tent of meeting, the glory of the LORD appeared to the whole community.

The LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, "Separate yourselves from this community so that I may consume them instantly,"

But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and said, " God, God of the spirits of flesh, when one man sins, will You vent Your wrath upon the whole community?" The LORD replied to Moses, "Tell the community: Get away from the dwellings of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, and the elders of Israel followed him.

He warned the community, " Get away now from the tents of these wicked me. Don't touch anything that belongs to them, or you will be swept away because of their sins." So they got away from the dwellings of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram. Meanwhile, Dathan and Abiram came out and stood at the entrance of their wives, children, and infants.

Then Moses said, "This is how you will know that the LORD sent me to do all these things and that it was not of my own will (or initiative): If these men die naturally as all people would, and suffer the fate of all, then the LORD has not sent me, But if the LORD brings about something unprecedented, and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them along with all that belongs to them so that they go down to Sheol (or the place of torement in the inner earth), then you will know that these men have despised the LORD."

Just as he finished speaking these words, the ground between them split open. The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, all of Korah's people, and all of their possessions. They went alive down into Sheol with all that belonged to them. The earth closed over them and they vanished from the assembly.

At their cries, all the people of Israel who were around them fled because they thought, "The earth may swallow us too! Fire also came down from the LORD and consumed the 250 firepans who were presenting the incense.

Then the LORD spoke to Moses: "Tell Eleazar son of Aaron the priest to remove the firepans from the burning debris, because they are holy, and scatter the fire far away. Now concerning the firepans of those who sinned at the cost of their own lives, make them now into hammered sheets as plating for the alter, for they presented them before the LORD, and the firepans are holy.

They will be a sign to the Israelites."

So Eleazar the priest took the bronze firepans that those who were burned had presented, and they were hammered into plating for the alter, just as the LORD commanded through Moses, it was to be a reminder for the Israelites that no unauthorized person outside of the lineage of Aaron should approach to offer incense before the LORD and become like Korah and His followers.

The next day the entire Israelite community complained about Moses and Aaron, saying, You have killed the LORD's people!" When the community assembled against them, Moses and Aaron turned toward the tent of meeting, and suddenly the cloud covered it (or the glory and presence of the LORD enveloped it), and the LORD's glory appeared (Lit God stood opened to the people in Messiah).

Moses and Aaron went to the front of the tent of meeting, and the LORD said to Moses, "Get away from this community so that I may consume them instantly."

But they fell facedown (Lit on their faces as dead men after seeing the eternal Savior face to face).

Then Moses told Aaron, "Take your firepan, place fire from the alter in it, and add incense, Go quickly to the community and make atonement for them, because the wrath (or the Recompense*) has come from the LORD; the plague (or the harvest by the actions of the  people) has begun."

So Aaron took his firepan as Moses had ordered, ran into the middle of the assembly, and saw that the plague had begun among the people. After he added incense, he made atonement for the people.

He stood between the dead and the living, and the plague was halted. But those who died from the plague numbered 14,700, in addition to those who died in the Korah incident.

Aaron then returned to Moses at the entrance to the tent of meeting, since the plague had been halted

View Quote

Numbers 16: 1-50 ( Fourth Old Testament Book)

Korah Incites Rebellion

*The One called Jesus Christ after the order of Melchezedek; King of Salem; The God and the Tithe of Abraham
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<><

Can you linky?

Way sista!

tight!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Aaron Shust sings two of my favorite songs, favorite at the moment anyway, "cornerstone" and "no one higher".
View Quote

Your IM box is full brew!

SAE
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

SAE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SAE

Woops!  It's empty now
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#29]
He was led like a sheep
to the slaughter,
and as a lamb is silent
before the shearer,
so He does not open
His mouth.
In His humiliation justice
was denied Him.
Who will describe
His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth.

Acts of the Apostles 8: 32-33

Early second century evidence suggests a high level of probability that Luke the Physician was the author of this New Testament Book as he was author of Luke; the gospel of; according to; with the same level of high probability as: Acts of the Apostles.

The Compassionate God
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Daily Devotion with Greg Laurie
DEVOTION
Before the World Began  

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
—Ephesians 1:4

Before the world was made, even before sin entered into this world that was made, God predestined you. He chose you to be His child. We use phrases like "the day I found the Lord," and that is true in one sense. But in another sense, God chose us before we chose Him.

Jesus said, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain . . ." (John 15:16). God chose us before we ever were around to choose Him. We may wonder, What merit or goodness did He find in me that He would choose me to be His child? There was no merit. In spite of our best intentions or the high opinion we may hold of ourselves, God's choosing had nothing to do with our merit or goodness.

If you knew what would happen before it took place, would you choose something that worked in your favor or against it? God knew exactly how you would turn out. And He chose you from the foundation of the world.

You might say, "I think the Lord made a mistake here because I'm a loser." But God chose you to win. God chose you to be something that He will make you into. You may look at yourself and see your flaws and shortcomings, but just remember that you are still a work in progress.

God isn't finished with you yet — not while your heart is still beating! And He will complete what He has begun in your life. So rejoice that He chose you from the foundation of the world.

Today's devotional is an excerpt from Every Day with Jesus by Greg Laurie, 2013

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#31]
DEVOTION
The Missing Piece    

The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living.
—Romans 13:12

Have you ever tried to put a puzzle together, and when you were almost done, you realized that someone had lost the final piece? It can be incredibly frustrating.

Maybe you have tried to put your life together, thinking, If I put this here and that there, it will work. . . But where is that other piece?

God holds the missing piece. You won't find it in your pursuits. The missing piece is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. Have you found that missing piece? Or, do you still have a hole in your heart that you've tried to fill with everyone and everything, but nothing satisfies?

I was raised around many of the empty pursuits this world offers. And I pursued enough of them to know they were empty — enough to know they weren't the answer to what I was looking for. So when I first heard about Jesus Christ, the idea of having a relationship with God held great appeal for me. But the Christians I knew were so nice and loving. I thought, I don't know if I can become one of these people. But God started working in my life. He changed my heart. And if He can do it for me, then He can do it for you. In fact, when I told people I was a Christian, they didn't believe it. Then a few years later when they learned I was a pastor, they laughed even harder. It was the last thing anyone ever envisioned for me. But God had a different plan for my life.

Who knows what kind of plan He has for you?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#32]
WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2014  
DEVOTION
Nothing New    

History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
—Ecclesiastes 1:9

Joy Davidman, the wife of C. S. Lewis, made this insightful statement about the pursuit of pleasure: "Living for his own pleasure is the least pleasurable thing a man can do; if his neighbors don't kill him in disgust, he will die slowly of boredom and lovelessness." And that is true. It has been said that the only cure for hedonism is to try and practice it.

The pursuit of pleasure is nothing new. As Solomon reminds us a number of times in the book of Ecclesiastes, when you boil it down, there is nothing new under the sun. Though our technology has changed and we have had certain advancements since Solomon wrote those words, the basic cravings of humanity have not changed, nor have the basic things we look to. The philosophy of eat, drink, and be merry has been with us for a long time.

When Solomon decided he would pursue everything this world had to offer, He was not considering God in all of it. He was living horizontally — he had adapted a worldview that omitted God. Eventually he came to realize there was nothing to profit from under the sun. It was only when Solomon looked above the sun and looked to God that he found the answers he was seeking. When we see God for who He is, we will see the world for what it is.

If you have a close relationship with God and are walking closely with Him, you will recognize philosophies, concepts, and ideologies being propagated that are contradictory to what the Bible teaches. When you are walking closely with God, you will see this world for what it is.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Enjoyed these, thanks.  

Quoted:
WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2014  
DEVOTION
Nothing New    

History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
—Ecclesiastes 1:9

Joy Davidman, the wife of C. S. Lewis, made this insightful statement about the pursuit of pleasure: "Living for his own pleasure is the least pleasurable thing a man can do; if his neighbors don't kill him in disgust, he will die slowly of boredom and lovelessness." And that is true. It has been said that the only cure for hedonism is to try and practice it.

The pursuit of pleasure is nothing new. As Solomon reminds us a number of times in the book of Ecclesiastes, when you boil it down, there is nothing new under the sun. Though our technology has changed and we have had certain advancements since Solomon wrote those words, the basic cravings of humanity have not changed, nor have the basic things we look to. The philosophy of eat, drink, and be merry has been with us for a long time.

When Solomon decided he would pursue everything this world had to offer, He was not considering God in all of it. He was living horizontally — he had adapted a worldview that omitted God. Eventually he came to realize there was nothing to profit from under the sun. It was only when Solomon looked above the sun and looked to God that he found the answers he was seeking. When we see God for who He is, we will see the world for what it is.

If you have a close relationship with God and are walking closely with Him, you will recognize philosophies, concepts, and ideologies being propagated that are contradictory to what the Bible teaches. When you are walking closely with God, you will see this world for what it is.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#34]

DONATE  •  RADIO    
 THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2014  
 DEVOTION
Accepted    

He made us accepted in the Beloved.
—Ephesians 1:6

All that God has done has been because of His grace, which means "unmerited favor." You aren't merely forgiven, justified, and cleansed of your sins; you have been received in love by God Himself. This is because of His deep love for His own Son, Jesus. Because His Son lives in you, you have found His favor. You have the approval of God because of what Jesus has done.

Some people have been raised in homes in which their father may have never demonstrated any kind of love toward them. Maybe he was cold and distant. Or maybe they, like me, were raised in a home where there wasn't a father at all. We can transfer those emotions to God the Father. We can walk around in life feeling as though we don't have the approval of God: If I just did this, God would notice. If worked a little harder, then God would love me.

God approves of you. You are "accepted in the Beloved" — not because you read your Bible a little bit longer, share Christ with more people, or give a little more in the offering. You are still accepted even when you don't do all of that. You are accepted in the Beloved when you fail, when you trip up. You are accepted in the Beloved not because of what you have done, but because of what He has done.

In understanding this great truth, however, you should want to do everything for His glory—not to earn His approval, but because you already have it.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

DONATE  •  RADIO    
 THURSDAY, JULY 24, 2014  
 DEVOTION
Accepted    

He made us accepted in the Beloved.
—Ephesians 1:6

All that God has done has been because of His grace, which means "unmerited favor." You aren't merely forgiven, justified, and cleansed of your sins; you have been received in love by God Himself. This is because of His deep love for His own Son, Jesus. Because His Son lives in you, you have found His favor. You have the approval of God because of what Jesus has done.

Some people have been raised in homes in which their father may have never demonstrated any kind of love toward them. Maybe he was cold and distant. Or maybe they, like me, were raised in a home where there wasn't a father at all. We can transfer those emotions to God the Father. We can walk around in life feeling as though we don't have the approval of God: If I just did this, God would notice. If worked a little harder, then God would love me.

God approves of you. You are "accepted in the Beloved" — not because you read your Bible a little bit longer, share Christ with more people, or give a little more in the offering. You are still accepted even when you don't do all of that. You are accepted in the Beloved when you fail, when you trip up. You are accepted in the Beloved not because of what you have done, but because of what He has done.

In understanding this great truth, however, you should want to do everything for His glory—not to earn His approval, but because you already have it.

View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#36]
DONATE  •  RADIO    
THURSDAY, JULY 10, 2014  

DEVOTION
What Friends Are For    

Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
—2 Timothy 2:22

One morning after one of our services at Harvest Christian Fellowship, a young woman walked up and asked if I would pray for her about a relationship she was in.

"What kind of a relationship is it?" I asked.

"It's a relationship with a guy."

"Let me ask you a question. Is this guy that you are in a relationship with a Christian?"

"Well," she said, "I . . . think he is. Actually, I'm not really sure if he is or not."

I said, "You know what? I am not going to pray that God will heal your relationship. I am going to pray that God will give you the courage to terminate the relationship. That is what needs to happen. Here you are in church, and you are struggling and having a hard time with a guy who doesn't walk with the Lord."

As we talked further, it was apparent that this was exactly what was happening. The relationship was dragging her down spiritually.

Many times we will pray for the Lord to fix something, and He will say, "You are in a place you don't belong. You are hanging out with people you don't belong with. This is bringing about many of your problems."

In 2 Timothy 2:22 we read, "Pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts" (NLT). Are you enjoying the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts? Or, are you hanging around with people who are dragging you down spiritually?

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:36:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Thought I'd resurrect this one from page two. It's got some good Christian music videos in it!

Thanks,
SAE

btw- could anyone of the bros or sisters post some more music videos to liven it up a little more in here? Thanks again!

Favorites?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#38]
All I can say to all of this is; Thank God for His only begotten Son ,Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top