Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2014 6:25:14 AM EDT
1. "There shall be showers of blessing; '' This is the promise of love; There shall be seasons refreshing, sent from the Savior above.
2. "There shall be showers of blessing"---Precious reviving again; Over the hills and the valleys, Sound abundance of rain.
3. "There shall be showers of blessing;" Send them upon us O Lord; Grant to us now a refreshing, Come, and honor Thy Word.
4. "There will be showers of blessing;" Oh, that to-day they might fall, Now as to God we're confessing, now on Jesus we call!

Chorus.

Show-----ers o' blessing, showers of blessing we need; Mercy-drops round us fall-ing, but for the showers we plead.
Showers, Showers

Title: There Shall Be Showers of Blessing

James McGranaham
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
1. There is a fountain filled with blood Drawn from Immanuel's veins; And sinners plunged beneath that flood, Lose all their guilty
stains; Lose all there guilty stains: lose all their guilty stains, And sinners plunged beneath that flood, lose all their guilty stains.

2. The dying thief re-joiced  to see That fountain in his day; And there may I, though as vile as he, wash all my sins away; wash all my sins away, wash all my sins away, and there may I , though vile as he, Wash all my sins away.

3. Dear dy-ing Lamb, Thy precious blood Shall never lose its pow'r, Till all the ran-somed Church of God Be saved, to sin no more: Be saved to sin no more, Be saved to sin no more; Till all the ran-somed Church of God Be saved, to sin no more.

4. E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream Thy flowing wounds supply, Re-deem-ing has been my theme, And shall be till I die; Re-deem-ing love has been my theme, And shall be till I die.

5. Then in a no-bler, sweeter song, I'll sing Thy pow'r  to save, When this poor lisp-ing, stamm'ring tongue Lies si-lent in the grave: Lies si-lent in the grave, lies si-lent in the grave; When this poor lisp-ing, stam-m'ring tongue Lies si-lent in the grave.

Title: There is a Fountain
William Cowper
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Stand up, Stand up for Jesus, Ye soldiers of the cross; Lift high His roy-al ban-ner , it must not suf-fer loss: From vic-t'ry unto vic-t'ry His army shall be lead, Till ev-'ry foe is van-quished, and Christ is LORD in-deed.

2. Stand up, Stand up for Jesus, The trum-pet call obey; Forth into the mighty con-flict, In this His glo-rious day: Ye who are men, now serve Him A-gainst un-num-bered foes; Let cour-age rise with dan-ger, And strength to strength oppose.

3. Stand up, Stand up for Jesus, stand in His strength a-lone; The arm of flesh will fail you, Ye dare not trust your own: Put on the gos-pel ar-mor, Each piece put on with pra'r; Where du-ty calls, or dan-ger, Be nev-er want-ing there.

4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus, the strife will not be long; This day the noise of bat-tle, the next the vic-tor's song: To him who o-ver-com-eth a crown of life shall be; He, with the King of glo-ry, Shall reign e-ter-nal-ly.

Title: Stand up, Stand up for Jesus
Ephesians 6: 10-20. Words, George Duffield, Jr. 1858, Tune WEBB, George J Webb, 1830.
This tune in a higher key, No. 238
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]
1. O what a won-der-ful,
won-der-ful day----- Day I will nev-er for-get;
Af-ter I'd wan-dered in dark-ness a-way,
Je-sus my Sav-ior I met.
O what a ten-der com-pas-sion-ate friend the Savior,
He met the need of my heart;
Shad-ows dis-spel-ling,
With joy I am tel-ling, He made all the darkness de-part!

Refrain:

Heav-en came down and glo-ry filled my soul (round: filled my soul), When at the cross the Sav-ior made me whole (round: made me whole); My sins were washed a-way---And my night turned into day---Heav-en came down and glo-ry filled my soul (round: filled my soul)!

Title: Heaven Came Down
Words and tune Heaven Came Down, John W. Peterson, 1961
1 of 3 stanzas seen here
No.425: Baptist Hymnal (1975 Edition)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top