Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
"Anyone who is not with Me is against Me, and anyone who does not gather with Me scatters. When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it roams through waterless places (or places of dry bones and death) looking for rest, and not finding rest (or only finding torment and not the refreshing process by the substance of eternal life), it then says, 'I'll go back to the house where I came from (or from dwelling on the inside of men; flesh and wet bone).'

And returning, it finds the house swept (or and the person's spirit unencumbered yet unfilled) and put in order. Then it goes and brings seven other spirits more evil than itself (or by the implementation of a strategy or plan to destroy; the solicitation of others like itself), and they then enter in and settle down there.

As a result, the man's last condition, is worst than the first."

The Testimony of Jesus Christ
The Gospel of Saint Luke
A House Divided: An Unclean Spirit's Return
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
As He began His ministry, Jesus was about thirty years old and was thought to be (or people did not know about His virgin birth or immaculate conception; yet) the:

Son of Joseph, son of Heli,
son of Matthat, son of Levi,
son of Melchi, son of Janni,
Joseph, Mattathias, Amos, Nahum, Esli, Naggi, Maath, Mattathias, Semein, Josech, Joda, Joanan, Rhesa, Zerubbabel, Shealtiel, Neri, Melchi, Addi, Cosam, Elmadam, Er, Joshua, Eliezer, Jorim, Matthat, Levi, Simeon, Judah, Joseph, Jonam, Eliakim, Melea, Menna, Mattatha, Nathan, David, Jesse, Obed, BOAZ, Salmon, Nahshon, Amminadab, Ram, Hezron, Perez, JUDAH, JACOB, ISACC, ABRAHAM, Terah, Nahor, Serug, Rue, Peleg, Eber, Shelah, Cainan, Arphaxad, Shem, NOAH, Lamech, Methuselah, ENOCH, Jared, Mahalaleel, Cainan, son of Enos, son of SETH, son of Adam, son of God.

The Gospel of Saint Luke
Luke 3: 23-38
The Presumed Genealogical line of Jesus Christ from Steward Joseph Descending to Originator Adam: Seventy-four Generations
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
"Don't assume that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For I assure you: Until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter (or not one iota; iota is the smallest letter of the Gk alphabet) or one stroke of the letter (or the most minimal application of the Law and its precepts during judgment) will pass from the Law until all things are accomplished (or from having been finalized on the last day).

The Words of Jesus Christ the Son of God
The Gospel of Saint Matthew 5: 17-18
Christ Fulfills the Law: God Has Shown Mercy on Men
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
because the kingdom of heaven
is theirs.

Blessed are those who mourn,
because they will be comforted.

Blessed are the gentle,
because they will inherit
the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger
and thirst after righteousness,
because they will be filled.

Blessed are the merciful,
because they will be
shown mercy.

Blessed are the pure in heart,
because they will see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
because they will be called
the sons of God.

Blessed are those
who are persecuted
for the sake of righteousness,
because the kingdom of heaven is theirs.

The Word and Promises of Messiah (Jesus Christ)
The Gospel of Saint Matthew 5: 1-10
The Sermon on the Mount: Standing and Relying on the Promises of the Blessed God
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Give, and it will be given to you; a good measure-----pressed down, shaken together, and running over-----will be poured (or deposited in your lap (or back into your possession again).

For with the measure that you use (or amount or by that standard of measure sown), it will be measured back to you

The Promises of God Through Faith in Christ Jesus
The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician 6: 37-38
Do Not Judge Except Through the Forgiveness of Offenses
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
As a large crowd was gathering, and people were flocking to Him (or Jesus Christ the Anointed One) from every town (or every town and village in the vicinity), He said in a parable (or a short narrative making a moral point by comparison), "A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he was sowing, some fell among the path; it was trampled on by others, and after that the birds of the sky ate what was left exposed (Lit ate it up). Other seed fell on the rock; so when it sprang up, it withered quickly, since it lacked moisture (or didn't receive the sustaining elements to live on).

Other seed, fell among thorns (or the briers; the brambles which cause death to the seedling); the thorns sprang up with it and choked it. Still other seed fell on good ground; when it sprang up, it produced a crop: 100 times what was sown,"

As He said this, He called out, "Anyone who has ears to hear should listen!"

The Words of Jesus Christ: The Word in Red
The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician 8: 4-8
The Parable of the Sower: Seed Sown in Different Places

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Then the disciples asked Him. "What does this parable mean?" So He said, "The secrets of the kingdom of God have been given for you to know, but for the rest it is in parables, so that:

Looking they may not see,
and hearing they may
not understand. (Isaiah 6:9 spoken by the voice of One)

The Words of Christ in Red
The Gospel of Saint Luke 8: 9-10

The Reason for Parables Explained: The Secrets of the Kingdom of God Turned Around
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. The seeds along the path are those who have heard (or received the word of God by proclamation). Then the Devil comes along and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

And the seeds which fell on the rock are those who, when they hear, welcome the word with joy. Having no root though, these believe for a while and depart in a time of testing

The Gospel According to Saint Luke the Physician
Luke 8: 11-13
The Parable of the Sower Explained: Seed and the Expected Harvest

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
"As for the seed that fell among thorns, these are the ones who, once they have heard, go on their way and are choked with worries, riches, and the pleasures of life, and produce no mature fruit (or any kind of fruit that is consistent with a repentant heart).

But the seed in the good ground-----these are the ones who (or these are the kind who), heard the word with an honest and good heart, and hold on to it and by enduring many consequences bear fruit."

The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician
Luke 8: 14-15
Parable of the Sower Explained: The Cares Of This World versus The Honest At Heart
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
"Lord," said Philip, "show us the Father, and that's enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been among you all of this time (or speaking here concerning the eternal relationship the Christ has with all believers) without you knowing Me Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. (So) How can you say, 'Show us the Father?'
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me?

The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own (or on My own initiative).
The Father who lives in Me does the works.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me. Otherwise (or if not fully convinced), believe because of the works (or because of the righteous fruit that they bear) themselves.

The Gospel of Saint John 14: 8-11
Jesus Reveals the Father: The One in Jesus Christ the Messiah
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#11]
"I assure you: The one who believes in Me will do the works that I do. And he (or he and she) will do even greater works than these (or will do greater works than those which have already been disclosed to this very day), because I am going to the Father,

(So therefore or because of this) Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

The Gospel of Saint John the Beloved
John 14: 12-14
Praying in Jesus' name: The Father is Glorified by All
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
''If you love Me you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor (or the Holy Spirit of God dwelling within you) to be with you forever (or forever One with God in Jesus Christ forever).

He is the Spirit of truth."

The Word in Red of Jesus Christ
The Gospel of Saint John 14: 15-17
Another Counselor Promised: Loving The Savior; Spirit Of Truth
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The high priest then stood up and said to Him (or Jesus Christ), "Don't You have an answer concerning what these men are testifying against You about?"
But Jesus kept silent.
Then the high priest (or the presiding judge over the Jewish Senate that year) said to Him "By the living God I place You under oath, "tell us if You are the Messiah, the Son of God!"

"You have said it," Jesus told him. "But I tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."

The Words of Jesus Christ in Red
The Gospel of Saint Matthew 26: 62-64
Jesus Faces the Sanhedrin: Jesus States Under Oath to Being God's Messiah and the Son of God
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Jesus replied to them, "The healthy don't need a doctor, but the sick do.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

The Word of Christ in Red
The Gospel of Saint Luke 5: 31-32
Dining with Sinners: Self-righteousness in Men

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#15]
"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be in the days of the Son of Man (or so it will be likewise at the end of the age when the great tribulation or violent shaking will begin): people went on eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage until the day that Noah (or Noah and his family) boarded the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

It will be the same as it was in the time of Lot: people went on eating, drinking, buying, selling, planting, and building.
But on the day that Lot left Sodom, fire and brimstone (or burning projectiles made of sulfur) rained from heaven and destroyed them all.

It will be like that on the day that the Son of Man (or Messiah) is revealed."

The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician 17: 26-30
The Coming of the Kingdom of God: God's Wrath and Judgments Against the Lawless Inhabitants of the World
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#16]
On that day, a man on the housetop, whose belongings are in the house, must not come down to get them. Likewise the man who is in the field must not turn back.
Remember Lot's wife!
Whoever tries to make his life secure (or to save it) will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it (or gain it). I tell you, on that night (or at that appointed hour), two will be in one bed: one will be taken and the other left.
Likewise, two women will be grinding grain together: one will be taken and the other one left.
Two will be in a field: one will be taken, and the other one will be left.

"Where, Lord?" they asked Him.
He said to them, "Where the body is, there also is where the eagles will be gathered."

he Gospel of Saint Luke 17: 31-37 (end of chapter)
The Coming of the Kingdom: God's Harvest and Translation of the Righteous Completed
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#17]
He (Jesus) also told a parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous (or justified before God) but looked down on everyone else:

"Two men went up to the temple complex to pray, one was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee (or the religious administrator of the law) took his stand (or the Pharisee stood by himself) and was praying like this: 'God, I thank You that I'm not like other people-----greedy, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector here. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of everything that I get."

The Gospel of Saint Luke 18: 9-12
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#18]
"But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even raise his eyes to heaven but kept striking his chest (or breast) and saying, 'God turn our wrath (or Your impending anger) from me-----a sinner!

I tell you, this one went down t his house justified rather than the other; because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

Saint Luke's Gospel 18: 13-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Some people were even bringing young children (Lit infants) to Him so that He might touch them (or so that He might bless them with a great blessing), but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked the parents (or tried to verbally stop them from coming to Him).

Jesus, however, invited them, "Let the little children come unto Me, and don't stop them, because the kingdom of God belongs to such as these (or the kingdom of God belongs to such as these because they have already have been declared righteous and blameless through Christ and are not accountable for sin until their specific and individual ages of accountability for sin have been reached).

I assure you: Whoever does not welcome the kingdom of God like a little child (or like a small child who is covered by the spirit of the law, but not by the letter of the law which condemns them from the beginning) will never enter it."

The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician
Luke 18:15-17
Blessing the Children: Blessing Mankind
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#20]
A ruler ask Him, "Good Teacher, what must we do to inherit eternal life?"

"Why do you call me good (or as the ruler was a hypocrite and only asked the question of Jesus to be seen by other men as being pious)"? Jesus asked Him.
"No one is good (or no worldly flesh is justified) but One------God.

You know the commandments:
Do not commit adultery;
do not murder;
do not steal;
do not bear false witness;
honor your father
and mother (Ex 20:12-16; Dt 5:16-20).

The Gospel According to Saint Luke; 18: 18-20
The Rich Young Ruler: The Evidence of Eternal Life In Christ
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how many times could my brother sin against me and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"

"I will tell you, not as many as seven," Jesus said to him, "but seventy times seven."

The Gospel of Saint Matthew; 18: 21-22
The Parable of the Unforgiving Slave: Forgiveness Unconditional in Occurrences
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The high priest questioned Jesus about His disciples and about His teaching. "I have spoke openly to the world," Jesus answered him. "I have always taught in the synagogue and in the temple complex, where all of the Jews congregate, and I haven't spoken anything in secret. Why do you question Me?

Question those who have heard what I have told them. Look, they know what I said."

The Gospel of St. John; 18:19-21
Jesus before Annas: The High Priest Questions Jesus
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:38:22 AM EDT
[#23]
<><system tap
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:38:41 AM EDT
[#24]
<>< system tap
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#25]
But He told them, Not everyone can accept this saying, but only those who it has been given to. For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs (or the physically castrated) who were made by men (or made by men to protect a certain bloodline usually a royal one), and then there are eunuchs who have made themselves that way (or themselves who abstain from sexual behavior for the sake of the kingdom of God) because of the kingdom of heaven.

Let anyone accept this who can (or for who God has ordained for that kind of service, let that one be successful and proceed).

The Words of Jesus Christ to His Disciples
The Gospel of Saint Matthew; 19: 11-12
The Question of Divorce: Spiritual Eunuchs in the Kingdom of God
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Then children were brought to Him so that He might put His hands on them and pray. But the disciples rebuked them. Then Jesus said, "Leave the children alone (or do not suffer the little children), and don't try to keep them from coming to Me, because the kingdom of heaven (Lit the kingdom of God) is made up of people like this (or these)."

And after putting His hands on them, He (Jesus the One called Christ) went on from there.

The Words of Jesus Christ and Direct Commentary in Red
The Gospel of Saint Matthew; 19: 13-15
Blessing the Children: The Spirit Of God Makes Clean
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Summoning the crowd along with His disciples, He finally said to them, "If anyone wants to be My follower, he (or he or she) must deny himself (or deny and adjust themselves for spiritual service according to the laws of the fast inwardly toward self, and then outwardly toward others), take up his cross (or take up his ministry which has been prepared for him) and follow Me."

The Gospel of Saint Mark 8: 34
Take Up Your Cross: Following the Lord
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#28]
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me (or because of the gospel of Jesus Christ's sake) and the gospel will save it.

For what does it benefit (or profit, or promote) a man to gain the whole world yet lose his (or his or her) own soul (or the eternal life that only God can give)?

The Gospel of Saint Mark 8: 35-36
Take Up Your Cross: The Loss of Life for Gain
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#29]
''What can man give in exchange for his (or his or her) own life? For whoever is ashamed of Me and of My words (or the written or oral word of God as a lifestyle; ashamed to share with others friendly or hostile to God's word) in this adulterous (or lawless or rebellious) and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him (or him or her) when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.

Then He said to them, "I assure you: There are some standing here who will not taste death (or will never taste death ever) until they see the kingdom of God (or see the kingdom of God from the inside of the glorified resurrected body) come in power (or with the power to raise the dead in Christ from their temporary graves and unto eternal life)."

The Gospel of Saint Mark; 8: 37-38 (end of chapter), 9: 1
Take Up Your Cross: The Transfiguration
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Then an argument started among them about who would be the greatest of them. But Jesus, knowing the thoughts of their hearts, took a little child and had him stand next to Him.

He told them, "Whoever welcomes this little child in My name welcomes Me.
And whoever welcomes Me welcomes Him who sent Me.
For Whoever is the least among you (or least among you in his own sight)-----this one is great (or this one is the greatest of all)."

The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician; 9: 46-48
Who is the Greatest?: The Least Proud and Most Wise of All Men
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Jesus answered them. "The works that I do in My Father's name (or in the name of the One; or by innumerable title meanings amounting to the omnipotent God) testify about Me (or testify about the continuity of God in the  Father, Son and the Holy Spirit: ONE).

But you don't believe because you are not my sheep (Lit not My sheep just as I have told you).
My sheep hear My voice, I know them (Or I have known them from the beginning), and they follow Me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish-----ever!
No one will (or no one will be able to) snatch them from My hand.
My Father, who has given them to Me (or My Father who has created them for Me) is greater than all.
(So therefore) No one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
I and My Father are one (or One in the Spirit of the Almighty God)."

The Gospel of Saint John the Disciple of Christ; 10: 25-30
The Ideal Shepherd: In the Father's Name
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Again the Jews picked up rocks to stone Him.
Jesus replied, ''I have shown you many good works (or many works which are consistent with the Scriptural integrity of God showing His great compassion and unyielding love toward all men), from the Father.
Which of these works are you stoning Me for?"

The Gospel Message of Saint JOHN; 10: 31-32
Renewed Efforts to Stone Jesus: Good Works Shown From The Father
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#33]
"A good tree doesn't produce bad fruit; on the other hand, a bad tree doesn't produce good fruit (or an end product resulting from righteousness). For each tree is known by its own fruit. Figs aren't gathered from thornbushes, or grapes picked from a bramble bush (or from a row of choking brambles).

A good man produces good (or produces godliness) out of the storeroom of his heart.
An evil man produces evil (or produces ungodliness) out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow (or from the overflow of sin and foolishness) out of his heart (or out of a weary soul).

The Gospel of Saint Luke; 6: 43-45
A Tree and Its Fruit: The Good Tree and the Evil Man
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:31:35 AM EDT
[#34]
One Sabbath, when He (or Yeshua; Jesus) went to eat (Lit eat bread; = eat a meal) at the house of one of the leading Pharisees, they (or the religious leadership in attendance) were watching Him closely. There in front of Him was a man whose body was infirmed and swollen with fluid (or afflicted with dropsy or edema).

In response, Jesus asked the law experts and the Pharisees, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath or not?"
But they kept silent.

So, He took hold of the man and healed him, and then sent him away whole.
And to them He said, "Which of you whose son or ox falls into a well, will you not immediately pull out on the Sabbath day?"
And to this, they could not find an answer.

The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician; 14: 1-6
A Sabbath Controversy: Healing On The Sabbath
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Then He took the cup, and after giving thanks, He gave it to them, and so they all drank from it. He said to them, " This is My blood that establishes the covenant (or new covenant); it is shed for many.
I assure you: I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until the day when I drink it in a new way (or drink new wine; Lit drink it new), in the kingdom of God."

After singing psalms (PSS 113--118 were sung during and after the Passover meal), they went out to the Mount of Olives.

The Words of Jesus and Direct Commentary in Red
The Gospel of Saint Mark; 14: 23-26
The First Lord's Supper
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Jesus answered, " I assure you: You are looking for Me, but not because you saw the signs (or not because My works exceed that of mortal men but), because you ate the loaves and were filled (or were satisfied only in the carnal state of being which must be replenished often).
Don't work for the food (or for the food that passes through the temporal body) that perishes, but for the food that lasts for eternal life (or for food which lasts for eternal life which is not human food at all), which the Son of Man will give you (or give to you the Holy Spirit of One inside of you as eternally sustaining food), because God has sent His seal of approval on Him."

The Gospel of Saint John; 6: 26-27
The Bread of Life: Signs of the Flesh; Meanings of the Spirit; One Way To The Father
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Have a Very Great and Blessed Wonderful Friday
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jesus, knowing in Himself that His Disciples were complaining (or were complaining and wondering) about this, asked them, "Does this offend you? Then what if you were to observe the Son of Man ascending to where He was before? The Spirit of the One is the One who gives life. The flesh doesn't help at all.
The words that I have spoken to you are spirit (or are exclusively spiritual) and are life.
But there are some here who do not believe (or some here that believe in a different way)."

The Gospel of Saint John a Disciple of Jesus Christ; 6: 61-64
The Bread of Life: The Offense of the Son Of Man
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#39]
He said, "This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted to him by the Father.
So from that moment forward many of His disciples turned back and no longer accompanied Him.
Therefore Jesus said to the Twelve, "You don't want to go away (or go your own way) too, do you?"

The Gospel of Saint JOHN: 65-67
Many Disciples Desert Jesus: Coming to the Father
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Jesus told them, "My time has not yet arrived, but your time is always at hand. The world cannot hate you, but it does hate Me because I testify about it----that its deeds are evil.
Go up to the festival yourselves.
I'm not going up to the festival yet, because My time has not fully come,"
After He had said these things, He stayed in Galilee (or stayed in Galilee for a short time longer).

The Gospel of Saint John; Disciple of Jesus Christ; 7: 6-9
The Unbelief of Jesus' Brothers: The Destiny of Christ; The Feast of Tabernacles
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching isn't Mine but is from the One who sent Me. If anyone wants to do His (or the Father's) will, he will understand whether the teaching is from God (or from the kingdom of God) or if I am speaking on My own (or without reason to cause error).

The one who speaks for himself seeks his own glory.
But He who seeks (or who diligently seeks) the glory of the One who sent Him is true,
and their is no unrighteousness in Him.
Didn't Moses give you the law?
Yet none of you keeps (or perfectly and exclusively practices) the law!

Why therefore do you want to kill Me (or why do you want to kill Me: One Who Keeps the Law)."

The Gospel of Saint John; 7: 16-19
Jesus at the Festival of Tabernacles: The One Who Seeks The Father
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#42]
In the meantime the disciples kept urging Him, "Rabbi, eat something." But He said, "I have food to eat that you don't know about." The disciples said to one another, "Could someone have brought Him something to eat?"

"My food (or My driving force which is more important than food) is to do the will of the Father who sent Me in order to finish His work," Jesus told them.
Don't you say, 'There are still four more months, then comes the harvest'?
Listen to what I am telling you: Open your eyes (or open your spiritually discerning eyes of perception) and look at the fields, for they are ready for harvest.
The reaper is already receiving pay and gathering fruit for eternal life, so the sower and the reaper can rejoice together.
For in this case the saying is true: 'One sows and another reaps.'
I sent you to reap what you didn't labor for; others have labored, and you have benefited from (Lit you have entered into) their labor."

The Gospel of Saint John the Divine in the Spirit; 4: 31-38
The Ripened Harvest: The Food From The Father
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#43]
When He (or Jesus Christ the Son of God) entered Capernaum, a centurion (or a Roman military commander) came to Him, pleading with Him, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible agony!"
"I will come and heal him," He told him."
"Lord," the centurion replied, "I am not worthy to have You come under my roof.
But only say the word, and my servant will be cured.
For I too am a man under authority, having soldiers under my command.
I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes; and to another, 'Come!' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it,"

Hearing this, Jesus was amazed and said to those who were following Him, "I assure you: I have not found anyone in Israel with so great a faith! I tell you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and in the kingdom of heaven (or kingdom of God).

But the sons of the kingdom (or many religious Jews who live by the letter of the law of false righteousness by their own traditions and doctrines of ungodliness) will be thrown into the outer darkness (or in a place where God's goodness and grace may not be shown to them any longer).

So therefore in that place there will be weeping and the gnashing of teeth,"
Then Jesus told the centurion, "Go. As you have believed, then let it be done for you."
And his servant was cured at that very moment (or at that hour; Lit very hour).

The Gospel of Saint Matthew; 8: 5-13
A Centurion's Faith: Healing The Paralytic
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#44]
So He (or Jesus Christ) got into the boat, crossed over, and came to His own town (or to His own hometown ). Just then some men (Lit then they) brought to Him a paralytic lying on a stretcher. Seeing their faith, Jesus told the paralytic, "Have courage, son, your sins are forgiven,"

At this, some of the scribes said among themselves, "He's blaspheming!"
But perceiving their thoughts, Jesus said, " Why are you thinking evil things in your hearts (or in your unclean minds)?"
For which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?
But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on the earth to forgive sins"-----then He told the paralytic,, "Get up, pick up your stretcher and go home." And he got up and went home.
When the crowds saw this, they were awestruck (Lit amazed) and then gave glory to God who had given such authority to men (or given authority to men by faith to be healed of all infirmities and diseases for the glory of God).

The Gospel of Saint Matthew; 9: 1-8
The Son of Man Forgives and Heals
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Two others------criminals----- were also led away to be executed with Him, When they arrived at the place called the Scull (or scull place), they crucified Him there, along with the criminals, one on the right and one on the left.
Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they no not what they do."
And they divided His clothing and cast lots.

The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician; 23: 32-34
Crucified Between Two Criminals: Forgiveness Even Unto Death
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#46]
"I'm not Jew am I?" Pilate replied. "Your own nation and the chief priests handed You over to me.
What have You done?"
"My kingdom is not of this world," said Jesus.
"If My kingdom were of this world, My servants (or attendants or helpers) would fight, so that I wouldn't be handed over to the Jews.
As it is, My kingdom does not have its origin here (Lit My kingdom is not from here).

The Word of Jesus Christ and Direct Commentary in Red
The Gospel of Saint John; 18: 35-36
Jesus before Pilate: The Jews Receive Him Not
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top