Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/28/2014 1:27:54 PM EDT
OP-"Good Fences Make Good Neighbors"

Only Serious and Respectful Christian Commentary Please!

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Pastors will be judged more than I will and head of house hold will be judged more than the family.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  Pastors will be judged more than I will and head of house hold will be judged more than the family.
View Quote

And so will Marines!
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The Spirit of the Lord is on Me,
because He has anointed Me to preach the good news to the poor.
He has sent Me to proclaim freedom to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind,
to set free the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.

Jesus Christ the Messiah

The Great Commission of God

Luke 4: 18-19
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#4]
"And I say to you, anyone who acknowledges Me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God, but whoever denies Me before men will be denied by the angels of God. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but one who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Whenever they bring you before synagogues and rulers and authorities, don't worry about how you should defend yourselves or what you should say.

For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that very hour what must be said."

Jesus Christ the Messiah
Luke 12: 8-12
Acknowledging Christ
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Then He said to them all,

"If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life because of Me will save it. What does it benefit a man to gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul thus forfeiting himself out of the kingdom of God?

For whoever is ashamed of Me and my words, likewise will the Son of Man will be ashamed of that one when He comes in His glory and that of the Father and the holy angels which will be with Him.

I tell you the truth: there are some standing here [and even now at the door; the Lord's declaration] who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God [by the means of their own spirit here, or from being translated<transfigured; into the likeness of Messiah at His arrival in the air and with great glory; the Lord's Declaration to the reader].

Jesus Christ the Messiah

Luke 9: 23-27

Take Up Your Cross

Link Posted: 7/1/2014 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Blessed are the poor (or meek and humble, but not passive) in spirit (or the profound inward parts given eternally by God), because the kingdom of God is theirs.

Blessed are those who mourn (or the ones who have been severely oppressed for the Name of God's sake in the earth), because they will be comforted. Blessed are the gentle (or the sons of God who shall be called Peacemakers), because they will inherit the earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness (or the ones who are bond servants of the Most High), because they will be filled (or satisfied to the brim of the jar).

Blessed are the ones who show mercy (or the ones who give freely) because they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart (or the ones who are eternal in Him) because they will (or already have seen God in Christ within themselves) see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers (or the ones who will war with Messiah to establish lasting peace in the earth), because they will be called the Sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness (or the ones who minister and are flames of fire unto the Lord) because the kingdom of heaven is theirs

Jesus Christ the Messiah

Luke 5: 3-10

The Sermon on the Mount
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#7]
"I assure you: No prophet is accepted in his hometown. But I say to you, there were certainly many widows in Israel in Elijah's days (or before the catching up of Elijah into heaven), when the sky was shut up for three years and six months while a great famine came over all of the land.

Yet Elijah was not sent to any of them (or to give any of them relief from My hand: the LORD's Declaration)-------but to a widow at Zarephath in Sidon. And in the prophet Elisha's time, there were many in Israel who had serious skin diseases, yet not one of them was healed (Lit cleansed)-------only Naaman the Syrian ( or Naaman, the commanding general of the Syrian army)."

Jesus Christ the Messiah

Luke 4: 24-27

Rejection at Nazareth
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. (Because) On that day many will say to Me, 'Lord, Lord. didn't we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?''

Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you!'

'Depart from Me you who practice lawlessness who invoke My name before the Father!'

Jesus Christ the Messiah

Matthew 7: 21-23

Entering the Kingdom
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the experts of the law (Mosaic / Levitical) answered Him, "Teacher, when You say these things You insult us (or injure us in front of others) Then He said:

"Woe (or cursed be to death without repentance) also to you experts of the law! You load people with burdens (or sacred vows and penalties for failing to succeed according to the conditions of those vows) that are hard to carry, yet you yourselves don't touch these burdens with one of your fingers.

''Woe to you! You who build monuments (or graves or lavish tombs) to the prophets, and your fathers (or the lawyers who you admire who preceded you) who killed them. Therefore you are witnesses that you approve (Lit witnesses and approve) the deeds of your fathers, for they killed them (or had them assassinated for silver or a bribe), and you build their monuments (or erect them purely to show yourselves innocent of your crimes).

Because of this, the wisdom of God said (or My word says), 'I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and prosecute,' so that this generation may be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets shed since the foundation of the world (Lit so that the blood of all...world may be required of this generation)-----from the blood of Abel (Or the blood of the first murdered one judged innocent) to the blood of Zechariah, who perished between the alter and the sanctuary (or between the alter and the sanctuary grossly defiling yourselves with a curse throughout all your generations).

Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible (Lit you, it will be required of this generation).

''Woe to you experts of the law! You have taken away the key of knowledge (or My Spirit of Truth)! You didn't go in yourselves (or you do not enter God's fullness according to His righteousness), and you hindered those who were going in (or destined to go in or out)."

When He left there, the scribes and the Pharisees began to oppose Him fiercely and to cross-examine Him about many things; they were lying in wait for Him to trap Him (or arrest Him) in something He said (other mss add so that they might bring charges against Him.

Jesus Christ: The Wonderful Counselor

Luke 11: 45-53

The Lamp of the Body
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#10]
"But I have a greater testimony than John's because of the works that the Father has given Me to accomplish. These very works that I am doing about Me (or doing about verifying the truth of who I Am) that the Father has sent Me. The Father who has sent Me has Himself testified about Me (or testified about Me through the prophets).

You have not heard His voice at any time, and you have not seen His form (or have not seen His image). You do not have His word living in you, because you do not believe the One He has sent. You pore over the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them (or if it comes to pass that they are true), yet they testify about Me.

And you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life (or that you may have a more and eternally abundant life for yourselves).

Jesus Christ the Son of God

John 5: 36-40: The Apostle John

Life and Judgment
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
"As the Father has love Me, I have also loved you. Remain in my love (or remain in My body). If you keep My commands you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My father's commands and remain in His love. I have spoken these things to you so that My joy (or my oil which anoints) may be in you and your joy may be complete.

"This is My command: (or has become), love one another as I have loved you."

"No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his (or hers') own friends."

"You are My friends if you do what I command you."

"I do not call you slaves (or how the Israelites acted toward Me in the desert < the Lord's Declaration) anymore, because a slave doesn't know what his master (or lord) is doing. I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything thay I have heard from My father."

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you."

"This is what I command you: love one another.

Jesus Christ the Teacher

John 15: 1-17

Christlike Love
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And so will Marines!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And so will Marines!

Marines have a special deal with God.

He plays his games, and they play theirs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And so will Marines!

Yes brother, unfortunately I know this also.

Thanks,

SAE
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#14]
"No one tears a patch from a new garment and puts it (or sows it) on an old garment. Otherwise, not only will he tear the new, but also the piece from the new garment will not match the old. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will be ruined when it spills, and the skins will be ruined also.

But new wine should be put into fresh wineskins (or and so both will be preserved).

And no one after drinking old wine, wants new, because they will say, 'The old is better.' "

Jesus Christ of Nazareth

Luke 5: 36-39

Dining with Sinners
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#15]
"I assure you: in the Messianic Age (Lit the regeneration) , when the Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel (or as judges and prefects in and out of the New Jerusalem, and in my Name).

And everyone who has left houses, brothers or sisters, father or mother, children or fields because of my name will receive 100 times more and will inherit eternal life.

But many who are first will be last (or many who are not called will be sent away), and the last first (or God's humble servants promoted to dine unto eternal life).

Jesus Christ: The Rose of Sharon

Matthew 19: 28-30

The Epiphany of Jesus Christ

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#16]
"I assure you: Unless someone is born of the water and the Spirit,  he cannot enter the kingdom of God. Whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, and whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Do not be amazed that I told you that you must be born again. The wind blows where it pleases, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going.
So is everyone who is born of the Spirit,"

Jesus Christ Our Perfect Sacrifice
John 3: 5-8
Jesus Speaks as the Forerunner Concerning all Spiritual Matters: The Prerequisites of Eternal Life
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#17]
<><***

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"If I do tell you, you will not believe. And if I ask you, you will not answer. But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the Power of God."

Jesus Christ the One Accused
Luke 23 : 67-69
Jesus faces the Partial Jewish Senate in Illegal Session: Sanhedrin

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#19]
But one of the Twelve, Thomas (called "Twin"), was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples kept telling him, "We have seen the Lord!"
But he said to them, "If I don't see the mark of the nails in His hands, put my finger into the mark of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe!"
After eight days His disciples were indoors again, and Thomas was with them. Even though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them. He said:

"Peace to you!"

Then He said to Thomas:

"Put your finger here and observe My hands. Reach out your hand and put into My side. Do not be someone who doesn't believe in Me, but one who does."

Thomas responded to Him: My Lord and my God!" Jesus said:

"Because you have seen, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen yet believed (or who are blessed to receive the Messiah within them: One within)."

Jesus Christ the Alpha and the Omega

John 20: 24-30

St. Thomas Sees and Believes
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#20]
"Immediately after the tribulation (or shortly after the slaughter of Jacob) of those days:

The sun will be darkened (or the sun will be darkened as if by an ecliptic happening), and the moon will not shed its light (or will turn before your very eyes into a moon of blood); and the stars will fall out of the sky, and the celestial powers will be shaken."

"Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky (or then the Bright and Morning Star will appear on the meridian), and then all of the peoples of the earth will mourn (or will take hold of; beat their breasts); and they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and with great (or very great) glory.

He will then send His angels with a loud trumpet (or with great authority to reap), and they will gather the elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."

The Word of Jesus Christ Messiah
The Gospel of St. Matthew 24: 29-31

The Great and Awesome Coming of the Son of Man

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I love reading the words of Christ.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"Immediately after the tribulation (or shortly after the slaughter of Jacob) of those days:

The sun will be darkened (or the sun will be darkened as if by an ecliptic happening), and the moon will not shed its light (or will turn before your very eyes into a moon of blood); and the stars will fall out of the sky, and the celestial powers will be shaken."

"Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky (or then the Bright and Morning Star will appear on the meridian), and then all of the peoples of the earth will mourn (or will take hold of; beat their breasts); and they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and with great (or very great) glory.

He will then send His angels with a loud trumpet (or with great authority to reap), and they will gather the elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."

The Word of Jesus Christ Messiah
The Gospel of St. Matthew 24: 29-31

The Great and Awesome Coming of the Son of Man

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#23]
"Be careful not to practice your righteousness (or righteousness only for the sake of show) in front of people, to be seen by them (or to be seen by them as being pious). Otherwise, you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. So whenever you give to the poor (or whenever you will minister to the ones who have been humbled in their spirit), don't sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do (or draw attention to someone else's shame) in the synagogues and on the streets, to be applauded by people (or to be applauded for the sake of fleeting notoriety only}.

I assure you: They've got their reward! But when you give to the poor; don't let your left hand know what the right hand is doing (or because these things are to be accomplished from the heart; things of your heart), so that your giving may be in secret. And Your Father who sees in secret will reward you (or will Himself reward you openly in time).

Words of Jesus Christ: Wonderful Counsellor
How to Give: Teaching Others How to Give with Compassion to the Humbled in Position

Matthew 6: 1-4

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Then Jesus returned from the Jordan, full of the Holy Spirit, and was led by the Spirit in the wilderness (or desert places) for 40 days to be tempted of the Devil. He ate nothing in those days (or ate nothing because of fasting in order to spiritually cleanse himself through this physical act of obedience to God), and when they were over, He was hungry (or He was hungry to the point of physical starvation and due to exposure from the surrounding elements also).

The Devil then said to Him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become bread!"

But Jesus answered him, "It is written: Man must not live by bread alone,"
So he took Him up (other mss read So the Devil took Him up on a high mountain) and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time (or in the eternal sense of the outcome concerning).

Now the Devil said to Him. ''I will give You their splendor and all of this authority (or all of this authority connected to them), because it has been given to me, and I can likewise give it to anyone that I want.
If You, then, will fall down and worship me (or and will worship me forevermore), all of this, will be Yours."

And Jesus answered him, "it is written:

Worship the LORD your God,
                                                       and serve Him only."

Luke 4: 1-8
The Temptation of The One Called Christ

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#25]
<><
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
<><
View Quote

As they led Him away, they seized Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming inn from the country, and laid the cross on him to carry behind Jesus. A great multitude of people followed Him, including women mourning and lamenting Him. But turning to them, Jesus said:

"Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for Me, but weep for yourselves and your children.
                                     Look, the days are coming when they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never
                                        bore, and the breasts that never nursed!'
                                      Then they will begin to say to the mountains, 'Fall on us! And to the hills, 'Cover us!'
                                      For if they do these things when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?"

Luke 23: 26-30
The Way of the Cross
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#27]
The woman said to Him, "I know that the Messiah is coming" (who is called the Christ). "When He comes, He will explain everything to us."

"I am He, Jesus told her, "the One speaking to you (or the One speaking to you now)."

John 4: 25-26
Jesus and the Samaritan Woman
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#28]
He also told them a parable: "Can the blind guide the blind?
Won't they both fall into a pit? A disciple is not above his teacher,
but everyone fully trained will be like his teacher."

"Why do you look at the speck in your brothers eye, but don't even notice the log in your own eye?
Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself don't see the log in your own eye?
Hypocrite!
First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck in your brothers eye
."

The Word: Jesus Christ
Luke 6: 39-42
The Speck and the Log: Seeing and Perceiving the Truth about Ourselves
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#29]
When Jesus saw him, He said,"You are Simon (or Simon Peter), son of John (or son of Jonah translated from Hb).
You will be called Cephas (or from now on you will be called Cephas which means ''Rock,'' or the one who will have the revelation of the Son of God, and who He is by the will of the Father who is in heaven)."

John 1: 42

Jesus Declares Ministry for Simon Peter
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Then they sailed to the region of the Gerasenes (other mss read Gadarenes) which is opposite Galilee (or Galilee, opposite on the other side of the fresh water sea).
When He (or Jesus) got out on land, a demon possessed man from the town (or village) met Him.
For a long time he had worn no clothes and did not stay in a house but dwelled among the tombs (or in the dry places of bones).

When he saw Jesus, he cried out (or he cried out with many voices) fell down before Him, and said in a loud voice (or a voice of many as being one), "What do you have to do with me, Jesus (or Yeshua Hb), You Son of the Most High God? I beg You, don't torment me!"
For He had commanded the unclean spirit (from the beginning) to come out of the man.

Many times it had seized him, and although he was guarded, bound by chains and shackles, he would snap the restraints and be driven (or be relentlessly driven) by the demon into deserted places (or in the supposed direction that the scape-goat would roam; or in that place of the spirit; of wasting).

"What is your name?'' Jesus asked him.

"Legion," he said------because many demons had entered him. And they begged Him not to banish them into the abyss (or return them to the fiery regions of inner-earth from which they came by God's command to go to and fro by the will of God to travel the earth). A large herd of pigs was there feeding on a hillside. The demons begged Him to permit them to enter the pigs, and He gave them permission. The demons then came out of the man and entered the pigs, and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and there they drowned.

When the men who tended them (the pigs), saw what had happened, they ran off and reported it to the town and to all as they could find in the surrounding countryside. Then people went out to see what had happened. They came to Jesus and found the man the demons had departed from, sitting at Jesus' feet, properly dressed and in his right mind.

And they were afraid.

Meanwhile the eyewitnesses reported to them how the demon-possessed man was delivered. Then all of the people of the Gerasene region asked Him to leave them because that they were gripped by great fear (or and were so afraid). So returning and getting back into the boat, so He returned.

Now the man from whom the demons had departed kept begging Him to be with Him.
But He sent him away and said, "Go back to your home (or go back to your home where your relatives live), and tell them all of what God has done for you."

And he went off, proclaiming throughout the town all that Jesus had done for him.

Luke 8: 26-39
The Gospel of Jesus Christ According to Luke the Physician
God's Power Reigns Supreme Over the Kingdom of Darkness: Demons Driven Out by the Master

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#31]
"Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and then don't do the things that I say?
I will show you what someone is like who comes to Me, hears My words, and then acts on them: He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation (or laid his foundation) on the rock (or on the rock of ages).

When the flood came, the river crashed against that house and couldn't shake it, because it was well built.

But the one who hears and does not act is like a man (or the man of rebellion) who built his house on the ground without a foundation.
The river crashed against it, and immediately It collapsed and the destruction of it was great!"

Luke 6: 46-49
The Gospel of Saint Luke the Physician

The Two Foundations: Righteousness and Unrighteousness
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#32]
"This then, is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil.
For everyone who practices wicked things hates the light and avoids it, so that his deeds may not be exposed.
But anyone who lives by the truth comes to the light, so that his works may be shown to be accomplished by God.

The Word of Jesus Christ the Son of God
John 3: 19-21
God's Light Which Comes to the Truth of All Matters
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#33]
The high priest then stood up and said to Him, "Don't You have an answer to what these men are testifying against you?
But Jesus kept silent.
Then the high priest said to Him, "By the living God I place You under oath: Tell us if You are the Messiah; the Christ, the Son of God or not!"

"You have said it," Jesus told him. "But I will tell you, in the future you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven."

The Gospel of Saint Matthew
Matthew 26: 62-64
Jesus Faces the Sanhedrin: Admission of Being Messiah: World Savior to Come at the End of the Age
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#34]
When they had completed everything according to the law of the Lord (or His law), they returned to Galilee, to their own town of Nazareth. The boy grew up and became strong, filled with wisdom, and God's grace was on Him.

Every Year His parents traveled to Jerusalem for the Passover festival. When He was twelve years old, they went up according to the custom of the festival (or the Passover feast commemorating Israel's commencement of coming up out of Egypt; by the strong arm of the Lord of Hosts). After those days were over, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but His parents (or the father Joseph which God had given Him) did not know it.

Assuming that Jesus was in the traveling party, they went a day's journey. Then they began looking for Him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem to search for them. After three days, they found Him in the temple complex sitting among the teachers, listening to the them and asking them questions.

And all of those who heard Him were astounded at His understanding and His answers. When His parents saw Him, they were astonished, and His mother said to Him, "Son why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for You."

"Why were you searching for Me?" He asked them.
Didn't you know that I had to be in My Father's house (or about My Father's business)?"
But they did not understand what He had said to them.

The New Testament Book of the Gospel According to Luke the Physician
Luke 2: 39-50
The Family's Return to Nazareth: In His Father's House
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#35]
"To what then should I compare the people of this generation, and what are they like? They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other:

We played the flute for you,
but you didn't dance
(or we tried to persuade You to do only the things that would glorify us in our sin);
We sang a lament (or we compelled You to act at the expense of your better judgment),
But you did not weep!

(So likewise in response) For John the Baptist did not come eating bread or drinking wine, and you say, 'He has a demon!' The Son of Man has come both eating and drinking, and now you say, 'Look, a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!"

Yet wisdom is vindicated
(or wisdom is declared right) by all her children (or by the outcome of all of her outward and righteous precepts coming to pass).

The New Testament Gospel of Saint Luke
Luke 7: 31-35
An Unresponsive Generation: The Accusers of the Brethren
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I AM.

John 8:58

In my humble opinion, one of the most earth-rocking statements ever uttered by Our Lord. It boggles the mind in what it says, how it says it, and how the language captures the essence of it.

Praised be His Name.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Praise the Lord!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#38]
"I assure you: Anyone who hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment but has passed from death into life.

I assure you: An hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who will hear will live. For just as the Father has life (or the power over all life; so that those who are alive might remain living throughout eternity) in Himself. And He (or Father God) has granted Him (or Jesus Christ) the right to pass judgment, because He is the Son of Man (or the One who has dominion over every man).

Do not be amazed at this though, because a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear His voice (or hear the command of His voice through its powerful tone) and come out------those who have done good thing (or the righteous things by faith), to the resurrection of life (or eternal life in Christ), but to those who have done wicked things, to the resurrection of judgment (or to the resurrection of the second death)."

The Word of Jesus Christ
John 5: 24-29
Life and Judgment: The Resurrection of the Dead
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Jesus answered them, ''Stop complaining among yourselves. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and then I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the Prophets: And they will all be taught of God. Everyone who has listened to and learned from the Father comes from Me-----not that anyone has seen the Father except the One who is of God.He has seen the Father."

The Gospel of Saint John the Beloved
John 6: 43-46
Jesus Christ Pronounces Revelation: Who Has Seen the Father
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Then James and John, sons of Zebedee, approached Him and said, "Teacher, we want You to  do something for us if we ask You." "What do you want Me to do for you?" He asked them. They answered Him, "Allow us to sit at Your right and at Your left in Your glory." But Jesus said to them, "You don't know what you're asking. Are you able to drink from the cup that I drink from or to be baptized with the same baptism that I have been baptized with?"

"We are able," they told Him. Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from the cup that I drink, and you will be baptized with the baptism that I have been baptized with. But to sit at My right or left hand is not mine to give; instead, it is for those that it has been prepared for."

The Gospel of Saint Mark
Mark 10: 35-40
Disciples Question Christ Concerning Future Positions in the Kingdom of God: Suffering and Service
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#41]
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said," Go away from me, because I am a sinful man Lord!" For he and all of those with him were amazed at the catch of fish they took, and so were James and John, Zebedee's sons, who were Simons partners.

"Don't be afraid," Jesus told Simon. From now on you will be catching people (or will become fishers of men)!"

Then they brought the boats to land, left everything (or left everything that they owned), and followed Him.

The Word and Ministry of Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Luke 5: 8-11
The First Disciples: The Son of Man has Compassion on Mankind

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#42]
When they had eaten breakfast, Jesus asked Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these (or more than the other disciples like himself)?" ''Yes Lord, he said to Him, "You know that I love You." "Feed My lambs, "He told him."

A second time He asked him, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" "Yes Lord," he said to Him, "You know that I love you." "Shepherd My sheep, "He told him."

He asked him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because Jesus had asked him three times, "Do you love Me?" He said, "Lord, You know everything! You must know that I love You."

"Feed My sheep, "Jesus said, "For I assure you: When you were young, you would tie your belt and walk wherever you wanted. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will bind you and carry you where you don't want to go."

He said this in order to signify by what kind of death he would glorify God with.
After saying this, Jesus told him, "Follow Me!"

Saint John: Disciple of Christ
John 21: 15-19
Jesus Threefold Restoration of Simon Peter
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#43]
<><
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#44]
"When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that its desolation has come near. Then those in Judea must flee to the mountains! Those inside the city (Lit inside her: Zion) must leave it, and those who are in the country must not enter it, because these are days of vengeance to fulfill all of the things which have been written. Woe to the pregnant women and nursing mothers in those days, for there will be great distress in the land (or in the earth) and wrath against the people (or against the secular masses).

They will fall by the edge of the sword and be lead captive into all of the nations, and Jerusalem will be trampled by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

Then there will be signs in the sun, moon, and stars; and there will be anguish on the earth among nations bewildered by the roaring sea and waves. People will faint from fear and expectation of the things that are coming on the world, because the celestial powers will be shaken.

Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds (or in a great cloud of God's glory) with power (or the power over all creation) and in great glory. But when these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing nearer (or redemption draws near)!"

The Oracle and Testimony of Messiah Jesus
Gospel of Saint Luke 21: 20-28
The Destruction of Physical Jerusalem: The Coming of the Spiritual and Physical Son of Man (God and Man)
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Jesus responded to them, "Do you now believe? Look! An hour is coming, and has come, when each of you will be scattered to his own home, and you will leave Me alone (or abandon Him for self-serving reasons).
Yet, I am not alone, because the Father is with Me (or the Father is in Me and encompassing Me with the Power [The Lord's Declaration]).
I have told you (or Jesus' disciples) these things so that you may have peace.
You will have suffering in the world.
Be courageous!
I have conquered the world."

The Gospel of Saint John the Beloved / Words of Jesus Christ
John 16: 31-33
Jesus the Victor: The Scattering of the Flock
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#46]
And Jesus answered him, "It is written:

Worship the Lord your God,
and serve Him only."

The Word of God Jesus Christ
Luke 4: 8

All are Commanded to Obey
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#47]
"Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; therefore also believe in Me. In My Father's house their are many dwelling places (or mansions or abodes, or traveler's resting places; mansio); if not, I would have informed you otherwise (or would have told you). I am going away (or away from this place) to prepare a place for you, and then I will come back and receive you to Myself (or will take rightful ownership of you), so that where I am you may be there too (or you may be also).

You know the way where I am going.

The Word of God's Messiah
Gospel of Saint John 14: 1-4
The Way of the Father: Jesus Christ Promises Reunion
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#48]
"Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; therefore also believe in Me. In My Father's house their are many dwelling places (or mansions or abodes, or traveler's resting places; mansio); if not, I would have informed you otherwise (or would have told you). I am going away (or away from this place) to prepare a place for you, and then I will come back and receive you to Myself (or will take rightful ownership of you), so that where I am you may be there too (or you may be also)."

"You know the way where I am going."

The Word of God's Messiah
Gospel of Saint John 14: 1-4
The Way of the Father: Jesus Christ Promises Reunion
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#49]
"Lord," said Thomas, "we don't know where you are going. So how can we know the way?"

Jesus then told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me."

The Gospel according to Saint John God's Apostle
John 14: 5-6
Jesus Christ: I Am the Way: God's Truth and Life
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Before the Passover festival, Jesus knew that the hour had come to depart from this world to the Father. Having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end (or to the end = completely and always). Now, by the time of the supper, the Devil had already put it into the heart (or inner man) of Judas, Simon Iscariot's son, to betray Him.

Jesus knew that the Father had given everything into His hands, and that He had come from God, and that He was going back to God. So, He got up from supper, laid aside his robe, took a towel, and tied it around Himself. Next, He poured water into a basin and began to wash His disciple's feet, and to dry them with the towel tied around Him.

He came to Simon Peter, who asked Him, "Lord, are You going to wash my feet?"
Jesus answered him, "What I'm doing you do not understand now, but afterwards you will know."
"You will never wash my feet------ever!" Peter said.
Jesus replied, "If I don't wash you, you will have no part of Me."

The Gospel of Saint John the One who Jesus Loved
John 13: 1-8
Jesus Washes His Disciples Feet: The Father Gives Authority Over All To Jesus Christ the Son of God
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top