Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
All you animals of the field and forest, come and eat! Israel's (or God's or Its) watchmen (or supposed righteous leaders) are blind (or are or have been blinded with a blinding), and they know nothing (or do not perceive what is about to come upon the people); all of them are mute dogs, and cannot even bark (or bark; to warn the people to any degree); they dream, lie down, and love to sleep.

These dogs have fierce appetites (or have no end to their covetous ways or their ability to never turn down a bribe from the oppressor); and they never have enough.

The Book of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 56: 9-11
Unrighteous Leaders Condemned: God Has Blinded the Elders as Evidence for His Judgments
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been struggling with Isaiah, it's taking me a long time to read through it. And this is coming from a guy that enjoyed reading Leviticus...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been struggling with Isaiah, it's taking me a long time to read through it. And this is coming from a guy that enjoyed reading Leviticus...
View Quote

Man that is funny! lol
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
They are shepherds who have no discernment (or not full time shepherds but merely hired hands); all of them turn to their own way, every one of them for his own gain. "Come, let us get some wine, let's guzzle some beer; and tomorrow will be like today, only far better!"

Isaiah 56: 11-12 (end of chapter)
Unrighteous Leaders Condemned: Iniquity Comes Near the People
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The righteous one perishes, and no one takes it to heart; faithful men are swept away, with no one realizing that the righteous one is swept away from the presence (or away because) of evil. He will enter into peace-----they will rest upon their beds (or either on their deathbeds, or only temporarily in their grave until the resurrection)-----everyone who lives uprightly.

The Book and the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 57: 1-2
The Righteous Perish from the Earth in Peace
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
But come here, you sons of  a sorceress, offspring of an adulterer and a prostitute (Lit as she acted like a harlot)! Who is it that you are mocking (or who is it the you are mocking this time)? Who is it you are opening your mouth and sticking out your tongue at?

Isn't it you, you rebellious children, you race of liars, who burn with lust among the oaks (or lust among the pagan alters), under every flourishing tree, who slaughter children (or who slaughter their own offspring) in the wadis (or in  the detestable low places of carnage) below the clefts of the rocks?

Isaiah 57: 3-5
Pagan Religion Denounced: The Murder of Innocents Exposed
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Your portion is among the smooth stones of the wadi  (or the seasonal tributary); indeed they are your final lot (or the final lot that God will give them). You have even poured out a drink offering to them: you have offered a grain offering; should I be satisfied with these? [the LORD's Declaration]

You have placed your bed on a high and lofty mountain; you also went up there to sacrifice (or to sacrifice on the high places to the ones who have been cut off; demons).
You have set up your memorial behind the door and doorpost (or behind the door and doorpost of inner earth).

The Book and Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 57: 6-8
Pagan Religion Renounced: The Wicked Will Be Cut Off By There Own Hand
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#8]
For far away from Me you stripped (or prostituted yourself in adultery to others), went up, and made your bed wide, and you have made a bargain (Lit you cut a deal) for yourself (or for yourself for substantial material gain) for yourself with them. You have loved their bed (or have loved their sensual enticements and ways; spread yourself open for them); and you have gazed upon their genitals (Lit hand; probably a euphemism for the presentation of the male organ; through the use of strict and formal translation of the word and context of total phrase toward meaning).

You went to the king with oil and multiplied your perfumes; you sent your envoys far away and sent them down even to Sheol (or even sent then down to do business in hell will the evil one; if it would ever become necessary for you to do so).[The LORD's Declaration]

The Book and Prophetic Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 57: remainder of 8; and then 9
Pagan Religion Renounced: Unlawful Prostitution With The Nations
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#9]
So you became weary on your many journeys, but you did not say, "I give up!" You found a renewal of your strength; therefore you did not grow weak. Who was it that you dreaded and feared, so that you lied and didn't remember Me or even take it to heart?

Have I not kept silent for such a long time and you do not fear (or thoroughly reverence Me concerning My kindness toward you) Me? [The LORD's Declaration]

I (therefore as the judgment against you) will expose your righteousness (or will test your righteousness with a testing) [The Declaration of the Lord], and your works (or your works of iniquity)-----they will not profit you.

Isaiah 57: 10-12
Pagan Religion Denounced: Determination through the Man of Flesh
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#10]
So when you cry out, let your collection of idols deliver you! The wind will carry them all off, a breath will take them all away.
But whoever takes refuge in Me will inherit the land and possess My holy mountain.

The Old Testament Book of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 57: 13
Pagan Religion Denounced: Refuge and the Inheritance of the Kingdom of God
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
He said, "Build it up, build it up, prepare the way, remove every obstacle from My people's way. "For the Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy says this: "I live in a high and holy place, and with the oppressed and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and revive the heart of the oppressed.

For I will not accuse (or not accuse you of your iniquity) forever, and I will not always be angry; for then the spirit (or the spirit within the inside of men and women) would grow weak before Me (or men's spirits would diminish because of trembling), even the breath (or even the life force) of man, which I made.

The Book and Sacred Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 57: 14-16
Healing and Peace: The LORD Abounds With Grace Toward Mankind
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Because of his sinful greed I was angry and hid; but he (or Israel) went on turning back to the desires of his heart. I have seen his ways but I will heal him; I will heal him and comfort him and his mourners, creating words of praise."

The LORD says, "Peace, peace to the one who is far or near, and I will heal him.

Isaiah 57: 17-19
Healing and Peace: God is Gracious to His Elect
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
But the wicked are like the storm-tossed sea, for it cannot be still, and its waters stir up mire and muck.
There is no peace for the wicked," says my God.

Isaiah 57: 20-21 (end of chapter)
The Wicked Receive No Peace
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#14]
"Cry out loudly, don't hold back! Raise your voice like a trumpet. Tell My people their (or about their) transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
They seek Me day after day and delight to know My ways, like a nation that does what is right and does not abandon the justice of their God."

Isaiah 58: 1
True Fasting: Cry Out Loudly

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#15]
"They seek Me day after day and delight to know My ways (or laws, statutes, and precepts), like a nation which does right things and does not abandon the justice of their God. They (or the godly, or the oppressed of the ungodly) ask Me for righteous judgments; they delight in the nearness of God.

The Book and Sacred Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah: 58: 2
True Fasting: The Practice of the Almighty God
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Why have we fasted, but You have not seen? We have denied ourselves, but You have not noticed (or why haven't You noticed us)! "Look, you do as you please on the day (or times or days) of your fast (or personal sacrifices unto the Lord), and oppress all of your workers (or concerning your defective attitude toward many because of your personal discomfort according to your fasting).

You (or you therefore) fast with contention and strife to strike viciously with your fist.
You cannot fast as you do today, hoping to make your voice to be heard on high.

The Book and Venerable Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 58: 3-4
True Fasting: The Hypocrite's Denial Of Offered Peace
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Will the fast that I choose be like this: A day for a person to deny himself, to bow his head like a reed, to spread out sackcloth and ashes (or to humble oneself showing God reverential awe through the honest and simplistic ways of worship)?
Will you call this a fast and a acceptable day of the LORD?

The Book and Highly Venerated Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 58: 5
True Fasting: Sackcloth and Ashes
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Isn't the fast I choose: To break the chains of wickedness, to untie the ropes of the yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, and to bring the poor and the homeless into your house, to cloth the naked when you see him, and no longer ignore (Lit not hide yourself from) your own flesh and blood (or ignore your own flesh and blood for the offenses that they have committed against you)?

The Book and Ancient Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 58: 6-7
True Fasting: Breaking Chains<>Untying Ropes
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Then your light will appear like the dawn, and your recovery (Lit recovery from loss) will come quickly. Your righteousness (or the righteousness that you have gained from God's own righteousness through His Messiah) will go before you, and the LORD's glory (or the glory of the Lord through His military angels) will be your rear guard.

At that time, when you call, the LORD will answer; when you cry out, then He will say: Here I am (Lit Here I Am).

Isaiah 58: 8-9
True Fasting: The Recovery of the Lost

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#20]
If you get rid of the yoke from those around you (Lit from your midst), the finger-pointing and malicious speaking, and if you offer yourself (Some Hb mss, LXX, Syr read offer your bread) to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted one, then your light will shine in the darkness, and your light will be like noonday.

The LORD will always lead you, satisfy you in a parched land (or set a table for you in the Wilderness of Sin), and strengthen your bones. You will be like a watered garden and like an ever-flowing deep spring whose waters never dry up.

The Book and Venerated Archaic Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 58: 9-11
True Fasting: Ridding the Yoke of the Oppressor
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Some of you will rebuild the ancient ruins; you will restore the foundations (or the restorer of greater things) laid long ago (Lit foundations generation and generation); you will called the repairer of broken walls, the restorer of streets where people live.

The Old Testament Book of the Prophet ISAIAH of the Holy Bible
Isaiah 58: 12
True Fasting: The Repairer of the Breach of the Law

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#22]
"If you keep from desecrating the Sabbath, from doing whatever you want on My holy day; if you call the Sabbath a delight, and the holy day of the LORD honorable (or honorable because you embellish honor to it because of your earnest and genuine reverence for God); if you honor it, not going your own ways, by seeking your own pleasure, or not talking to much (Lit or speak a word or speak an empty word against it); then you will delight yourself in the LORD, and I will make you ride (or cause you to be highly promoted) over the heights of the land, and let you enjoy the heritage of your father Jacob (or your heritage in perpetual and everlasting covenant with the Lord God Almighty)."

For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

The Old Testament Book and Venerated Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 58: 13-14 (end of chapter)
True Fasting: Honor the Sabbath
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#23]
"And now listen, Jacob My servant, whom I have chosen. This is the word of the LORD your Maker who shaped you from birth (or who shaped you from birth to prepare you to know and commune with the LORD as His possession); He will help you: Do not fear; Jacob is My servant (or chosen); I have chosen Jeshurun (or Israel the upright in spirit).

For I will pour water on a thirsty land, and streams onto dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your descendants and My blessing to your offspring.
They will sprout among the grass like poplars by the streambeds.
This one will say: I am the LORD's; another will call himself by the name of Jacob (or Israel the chosen); and still another will write on His hand: The LORD's, and name himself by the name of Israel.

Isaiah 44: 1-5
Spiritual Blessing: The Name of Jeshurun
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#24]
This is what the LORD, the King of Israel and its Redeemer, the LORD of Hosts, says:

I am the first, and I am the last. There is no God but Me. Who, like me, can announce the future? Let him say so and make a case before Me, since I have established an ancient people. Let these gods (or people created in God's image; gods) declare (or let them declare as an entire people from Babbel) the coming things, and what will take place. Do not be startled or afraid. Have I not told you and declared it long ago? You are my witnesses (or eternal witnesses from the beginning)! Is there any God but Me? There is no other Rock (or Rock and Foundation of Ages); I do not know of any.

The Old Testament Book and Holy Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 44: 6-8
No Other God Than Yahweh: The Rock and Redeemer of Israel
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#25]
All who make idols are nothing (or all who make idols will come to nothing), and what they treasure will not profit. Their witnesses (or their witnesses man and idol alike) do not see or know anything, so they will be but to shame.
Who makes a god or casts a metal image for no profit?

The Book and Venerable Scroll of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah: 44: 9-10
No Other God Than Yahweh: No Profit In Idols

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Look, all its worshippers will be put to shame, and their craftsmen are humans. They will all assemble and stand; they will all be startled (or they will all be startled and dismayed by God's judgment against them).

The Ironworker labors over the coals, shapes the idol with hammers, and works it with his strong arm.
Also he grows hungry and his strength fails; he doesn't drink water and is faint.
The woodworker stretches out a measuring line, he outlines it with a stylus; he shapes it with chisels and outlines it with a compass.
He makes it according to a human likeness (or human desire), like a beautiful person, to dwell in the temple (or like a beautiful person, to dwell in the temple of their defiled hearts in a search to replace God so as to worship).

The Book and Venerable Scroll of God's Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 44: 11-13
No God Other Than Yahweh: The Worship and Labor Over False Gods is All Vanity
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#27]
He cuts down (Lit to cut down for himself) cedars for his use, or he takes a cypress or an oak. He lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a laurel, and the rain makes it grow. It serves as fuel for man.
He takes some of it and warms himself; also he kindles a fire and then bakes bread; he even makes it into a god and worships it; he makes it into an idol and bows down to it.He burns half of it in the fire, and he roasts meat on the other half.
He eats his roast and is satisfied.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible and Archaic Scroll of ISAIAH the Prophet of God
Isaiah 44: 14-16
No God Other Than YAHWEH: The Fire of Consuming

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#28]
He warms himself and says, "Ah! I am warm, I see the blaze (or I see the beautiful blaze in it)." He makes a god or his idol with the rest of it. He bows down to it (or he bows down to it concerning its future monetary worth) and worships (or worships his good fortune because of it); He prays to it, "Save me, for you are my god.

The Old Testament Book and Venerable Scroll of ISAIAH; God's Prophet
Isaiah 44: 16-17
No God Other Than Yahweh: Yielding to the False Gods and Temporal Fortunes of the Primitive Way
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Such people do not comprehend and cannot understand, for He (or God) has shut their eyes (or for their eyes are shut) so they cannot see, and their minds so they cannot understand. No one reflects, no one has the perception or insight to say, "I burned half of it in the fire, I also baked bread on its coals, I roasted meat and ate.
I will make something detestable with the rest of it, and I will bow down to a block of wood (or I will bow down to a block of wood in order to show others that it is a god for sale)."

He feeds on (or he shepherds over) ashes.
His deceived mind has led him astray, and he cannot deliver himself, or say, "Isn't there a lie in my right hand?"

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible Of ISAIAH
Isaiah 44: 18-20
No Other God Than Yahweh: The Deceived Mind Receives No Understanding
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Remember these things, Jacob, and Israel, for you are My servant; I formed you, you are my servant; Israel, you will never be forgotten by Me. I have swept away your transgression like a cloud, and your sins like a mist.
Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible and Scroll of ISAIAH the Prophet
ISAIAH 44: 21-22
No Other God Than Yahweh: The House Of Jacob; The Eternal Servant Of The One True God
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Rejoice, heavens, for the LORD has acted; shout, depths of the earth. Break out into singing, mountains, forest, and every tree in it,
For the LORD has redeemed Jacob (or God's people called by His Name), and glorifies Himself through Israel (or will glorify Himself when the shift of all world power will come to the house of Israel at His coming and with great glory unto God).

Isaiah 44: 23
No Other God Than YAHWEH: Rejoicing In The Heavens And In The Earth
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]
This is what the LORD, your redeemer who formed you from the womb, says:

I am the LORD,
who made everything;
who stretched out the heavens
by Myself;
who alone spread out the earth;
who destroys the omens
of the false prophets
and makes fools of diviners;
who confounds the wise
and makes
their knowledge foolishness;
who confirms the message
of His servant
and fulfills the counsel
of His messengers;
who says to Jerusalem: She will
be inhabited,
and the cities of Judah:
They will be rebuilt,
and I will restore her ruins;
who says to the depths
of the sea: be dry,
and I will dry up your rivers;
who says to Cyrus:
My shepherd,
he will fulfill all My pleasure
and say to Jerusalem: she will
be rebuilt,
and the temple:
its foundation will be laid.

The Old Testament Book and Venerable Scroll of ISAIAH the Prophet
Isaiah 44: 24-28 (end of Chapter)
Restoration of Israel through Cyrus: The LORD's Shepherd
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#33]
The LORD says this to Cyrus, His anointed, whose right hand I have grasped to subdue nations before him, to unloose the loins (Lit to gird the loins is to prepare for the arena of battle, so to unloose them is to surrender) of kings, to open the doors before him (or to fulfill his destiny according to God's assured prophecies about him) and gates which will never be shut:

"I will go before you and level out the uneven places; I will shatter the bronze doors and cut the iron bars in two.
I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches from the secret places, so that you may know that I, the LORD, the God of Israel call you by your name."
[The LORD's Declaration]

The Old Testament Book and Prophecy According to ISAIAH
Isaiah 45: 1-3
Restoration of Israel through Cyrus: The Treasures Of Darkness Foretold From Ancient Times / The Wages of the Infidels
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I call you by your name, because of Jacob My servant and Israel My chosen one. I give a name (or My name) to you, though you do not know me (or will not know Me by the calling of that Name). I am the LORD and there is no other; there is no God but Me. I will strengthen You, though you do not know Me, so that all may know from the rising of the sun to its setting that there is no one but Me.

I am the LORD and there is no other.
I form light and create darkness, I make success and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all of these things.

The Old Testament Book and Torah Scroll Writing of the Prophet ISAIAH
Isaiah 45: 4-7
The Glory of His Name: No Other Than The LORD
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#35]
"Heavens, sprinkle from above, and let the skies shower righteousness. Let the earth open up that salvation sprout and righteousness spring up with it.
I, the LORD, have created it."

Isaiah 45: 8
Heavens Sprinkle: Skies Shower Righteousness
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#36]
"Woe to the one who argues with His Maker-----one clay pot among many (Lit a clay pot with clay pots on the ground). Does clay say to the one (or One) forming it : What are you making?
Or does your work say: He has no hands?
How absurd is the one who says to his father: What are you fathering?
Or to his mother: What are you giving birth to?

Isaiah: 45: 9-10
The One Who Argues: The Vessel Of Clay
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#37]
This is what the LORD, the Holy One of Israel and its Maker (or Creator), says: "Ask Me what is to happen to My sons, and instruct Me about the work of My hands.
I made the earth, and created man on it. It was My hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all of their host (or components, or stars, or angels).
I have raised him up in righteousness, and will level all roads for him (or for Cyrus, or according to the ways of Zerubbabel, or Messiah).
He will rebuild My city (or become the repairer of the breach and covenant for Me in Jerusalem), and set My exiles free, not for a price or a bribe," says the LORD of Hosts (or The LORD Over ALL).

The Old Testament Prophecies of ISAIAH
Isaiah 45: 11-13
Restoration of Israel: A Great Prophesy Fulfilled
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#38]
This is what the LORD says:

The products of Egypt, and the merchandise of Cush and the Sabeans, men of stature, will come over to you and will be yours; they will follow you, they will come over in chains; and bow down to you.
They will confess to you: God is indeed will you, and there is no other; there is no other God (or there is no other God than Yahweh).

The Old Testament Book and Scroll of ISAIAH Found in the Holy Bible of God
Isaiah 45: 14
God Alone is the Savior: The God That Is With You
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes, You are a God who hides Himself, God of Israel, Savior. All of them are put to shame, even humiliated; the makers of idols go in humiliation together.
Israel (or the house of Jacob) will be saved by the LORD with an everlasting salvation; you will not be put to shame or humiliated for all eternity.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God of ISAIAH
Isaiah 45: 15-17
God Alone is Savior: The God Who Brings Honor and Shame
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#40]
For this is what the LORD says-----God is the Creator of the heavens. He formed the earth and made it; He established it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-----"I am the LORD, and there is no other.
I have not spoken in secret, somewhere in a land of darkness.
I did not say to the descendants of Jacob (or all of the people who have been called by God's Name): Seek Me in a waste land.
I, the LORD, speak truthfully; I say what is right.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God; ISAIAH
Isaiah 45: 18-19
God Alone is the Savior
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#41]
"Come, gather together, and draw near, you fugitives of the nations.
Those who carry wooden idols, who pray to a god who cannot save,
or have any knowledge.
Speak up and present your case-----yes, let them take counsel together.

The Old Testament Book of the Holy Bible of God; ISAIAH
Isaiah 45: 20-21
God Alone is the Savior
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top