User Panel

Page / 348
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maslin02:

Just wait till you get FlexRay

Honestly, it's been fine. Physical layer issues mostly, and missing the slot when repinning 907 EZS connectors. Doesn't take the whole network down though, just steering.

Had an hourly tech diagnose a 906 SCR fault, open circuit to something in the tank. Decided it was rodent damage in the floor and I took over. Repaired the wiring and had open circuits for almost everything, WTF? He probed every one of those little MQS sockets with a T pin. I had to repin half the connector

New Matco guy today, actually a tech of ours from a few years ago. Overheard him telling a young kid the truck account is 20% of balance due per week and 4.9% interest. No way I could have handed over $400 a week as a 20 year old on the $2k everyone kind of understood as the max on a truck account. And I never paid a single percent of interest, that’s why it’s a truck account. I guess 4.9% is better than a credit card
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

thats pretty much all i do anymore, last cust brake job i did was a year ago at this point.

im so tired of CAN but i guess im good at it.

Just wait till you get FlexRay

Honestly, it's been fine. Physical layer issues mostly, and missing the slot when repinning 907 EZS connectors. Doesn't take the whole network down though, just steering.

Originally Posted By saturnstyl:
I have a matco pin removal set but I only use a couple of the tools.  I wish I'd stumbled upon this thread earlier.  Kinda cool seeing that same bosch design is used all around.  Basically you take apart the connector housing and remove the section you need and then just depress the lock on the  socket you want to remove.  

It is critically important that training is given to your techs to use the correct diagnostic procedures.  Use the correct test equipment or the sockets in the harness get spread causing intermittent connections.  

It is also quite difficult to repin those connectors.  I typically just take old harnesses and make repair pigtails I solder and heat shrink in.

Had an hourly tech diagnose a 906 SCR fault, open circuit to something in the tank. Decided it was rodent damage in the floor and I took over. Repaired the wiring and had open circuits for almost everything, WTF? He probed every one of those little MQS sockets with a T pin. I had to repin half the connector

New Matco guy today, actually a tech of ours from a few years ago. Overheard him telling a young kid the truck account is 20% of balance due per week and 4.9% interest. No way I could have handed over $400 a week as a 20 year old on the $2k everyone kind of understood as the max on a truck account. And I never paid a single percent of interest, that’s why it’s a truck account. I guess 4.9% is better than a credit card

Matco truck account has interest? I've only ever carried a balance on the Snappy truck and that had no interest. Corporate financing is a different story though.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Just right when this industry beats me into oblivion. It props me back up all within a period of a week.

Only for me to realize as I now stand on my 2 feet again to think that this.

This is just not worth it.

The only other industry I know of that is even more apocalyptic than this is carpentry.

I might jump ship entirely into something else.

You can be the best in the entire world and it would not matter.

This industry is like playing chess with only half the pieces while the other side is a full set.
View Quote

Ever think about equipment repair? It has its up and downs but not as bad as the automotive world, infrastructure is always being built/upgraded so equipment is always rolling.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TrashWrencher:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258113/IMG_9935_jpeg-3190645.JPG
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Plenty of life left.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Plenty of life left.
View Quote

That’s what I thought.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Ever think about equipment repair? It has its up and downs but not as bad as the automotive world, infrastructure is always being built/upgraded so equipment is always rolling.
View Quote

been putting out feelers as of today.
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

You ponies could move south.  My job is about to need a tech.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maslin02] [#8]

Matco truck account has interest? I've only ever carried a balance on the Snappy truck and that had no interest. Corporate financing is a different story though.
View Quote

I just pay for what I need these days, too many years of handing over a $20 or two every Thursday.

I can’t imagine they’re offering a real credit line at 4.9%. Seems like they’re usually 18-20%+, like a SnapOn box for $185 a week for 284 weeks plus $5k down.

20% due each week is worse than the interest rate, kid bought two ratchets at $73 a week for 5 weeks. I would have been wrenching with Craftsman and Proto
Link Posted: Today 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#9]

I just pay for what I need these days, too many years of handing over a $20 or two every Thursday.

I can’t imagine they’re offering a real credit line at 4.9%. Seems like they’re usually 18-20%+, like a SnapOn box for $185 a week for 284 weeks plus $5k down.

20% due each week is worse than the interest rate, kid bought two ratchets at $73 a week for 5 weeks. I would have been wrenching with Craftsman and Proto
View All Quotes

Same here, I haven't carried a balance in almost a decade and that was just when I bought either of my boxes or needed a large lot of tools.
Page / 348
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top